With the release of Plazmic 4.7 official, I was wondering if this is one crucial step towards an official OS updgrade being released?

I know there has been a lot of conjecture/BS spewn here about when the "Gold Code" would come. I started thinking without the official Plazmic being out, there was no way the OS would be upgraded. What do yall think?
    03-16-09 07:54 PM
    I guess that's a possibility. I would think, seeing as how RIM owns Plazmic, that Plazmic has the latest OS releases, and that they would only release 4.7 knowing that a worthy OS was on the horizon.
    03-16-09 08:00 PM
    sound true..... hey cocruxified your pic freaks me out
    03-16-09 08:02 PM
    sound true..... hey cocruxified your pic freaks me out
    oh man, is it that bad!

at least its not briankeith513's pic. now that can freak a dude out.
    Last edited by cocruxified; 03-16-09 at 08:07 PM.
    03-16-09 08:04 PM
    The picture isn't that bad!!!

Theres another thread talking about this very same topic. Apparently, VZW is reporting that an official (OTA) upgrade is coming out in in the next two weeks or so. They said it should be .115 or .117. It should make the Storm as fast & responsive as the Bold & Curve.

palladino72
    03-16-09 08:16 PM
    well we will see about that
    03-16-09 08:21 PM

Theres another thread talking about this very same topic. Apparently, VZW is reporting that an official (OTA) upgrade is coming out in in the next two weeks or so. They said it should be .115 or .117. It should make the Storm as fast & responsive as the Bold & Curve.

palladino72
    115/117!? That kinda sucks seeing as how there's talk of them being up in the 150s.
    03-16-09 08:21 PM
    115/117!? That kinda sucks seeing as how there's talk of them being up in the 150s.
    Someone else on here whom seems to be credible has mentioned .13X as being a possibility of an official release....
    03-16-09 08:27 PM
    I wonder if it was Radio? Word was all the .11X builds were average. I can't see Verizon releaseing ANYTHING that won't knock our sock off given the sh*t update we got in December. I believe it will be in the .130's. :Crossed fingers:
    03-16-09 08:33 PM

palladino72
    Several here that are in the know have been reporting .11X (teens) are not that good. They keep reporting .125 and better are what we should look for as far as stable and fast.
    03-16-09 08:39 PM
    Several here that are in the know have been reporting .11X (teens) are not that good. They keep reporting .125 and better are what we should look for as far as stable and fast.
    Yeah, i was just about to mention that. The 11x's received a bunch of thumbs down. Judging from 113 and 114 i'd say they're probably right, especially if these two are the best of the bunch.
    03-16-09 08:54 PM
    I just hope it drops soon.
    03-16-09 09:10 PM
    oh man, is it that bad!

at least its not briankeith513's pic. now that can freak a dude out.
    UMMMM yea wish I didn't click. I just pissed myself a lil
    03-16-09 09:12 PM
    man do i look forward to this.

ive been rolling with .99 all this time, and it hasnt been bad. excpet the daily freeze and battery pull
    03-16-09 09:14 PM
    personally, i dont care what the last 3 digits of the 'gold code' version are, the question is if it fixes the bugs and comes closer to fully harnessing its potential
    03-16-09 09:35 PM
    I'm anxious to see what the officials release will be but don't know nearly enough to speculate. Since I'm not able to upgrade at the time being overseas, I'm still running .109 and don't think i'll upgrade until the official. Unless I get bored with this and try a hybrid, i'll hold off for the official. Until then, happy speculating...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 11:08 PM
    Personally, I want it to be a higher version number than the rest. I mean, we've been waiting so freaking long it better be worthwhile

But I bet it'll be within the 'teens' since every other OS that was released for other carriers recently are around that number set...
    03-17-09 12:14 AM
    I've been running with .75 ever since I got my Storm. I have to say, its been really stable for me. All this talk about the new release coming up soon has me all jazzed up, I can' wait to see and feel how far RIM has pushed the OS. Just waiting patiently that's all.
    03-17-09 01:30 AM
    I've been running with .75 ever since I got my Storm. I have to say, its been really stable for me. All this talk about the new release coming up soon has me all jazzed up, I can' wait to see and feel how far RIM has pushed the OS. Just waiting patiently that's all.
    You should give this hybrid .114 a try...it is a night and difference with .75. I had to downgrade my phone to return it (since I got my replacement)....I am telling ya, I was shocked how slow .75 was. I believed for a moment I was spoiled
    03-17-09 01:40 AM
    It seems that the magic number that people blurt out is two weeks till a new leaked or official OS lol and none of them have been true so far

03-17-09 01:48 AM
    I just hope it drops soon.
    You and I both duuude...and i don't think we're the only ones. HAH!
    03-17-09 02:35 AM
    So many folks talking about 15x yet most of the vendors claim .11x. Gosh this is displeasing.

03-17-09 02:36 AM
    It seems that the magic number that people blurt out is two weeks till a new leaked or official OS lol and none of them have been true so far

yea its kinda annoying to keep getting hopes up only to watch "drop" dates go by
    03-17-09 02:36 AM
    I wonder if our leaked OS's are behind their current OS. I know they are, but I wonder how far behind.
    03-17-09 02:38 AM
    at least theres still end of march to look forward to more specifically march 31st, ive seen that date thrown out from a few site before so I guess we should be in for a treat since that is the target date for the app store as well.
    03-17-09 02:46 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD