All right I finally finished this up, it's not exactly perfect the way I want it, but I will be updating it. It's getting very close though. Here's some info on the theme for all 3 of you VH fans on here.

** Version 1.0 ** 03.17.09 (Download will say 2009.03.22.0102)

Features
    1. It's a Hidden Today theme. So if you have your calendar, your SMS/MMS inbox, and/or your Message inbox in one of the first four positions, they will display four entries above the VH logo when you press them. My goal was to keep the home screen clean, I don't like clutter on them. The icons on the home screen bounce on being pressed.

2. The Apps List can be activated from the home screen by clicking the crossbar of the "H" on the Van Halen logo. I didn't want the whole screen to click, too easy to hit it accidentally when the phone is in your pocket or something.

3. I re-skinned all of the icons as a striped pick, ala Van Halen-style. A few I left alone, a few I've never seen so I ignored them. If you think I have missed one I should skin (besides the games) let me know. Some are obviously based on Ed's actual striped guitars, some I made from colors of the albums, and others I just...well made up.

Known Issues, Bugs, Etc.
    1. There's a thin white bar above the apps, I have seen other themes with them. I don't like it, I need to figure out how to get rid of it. Not a big deal, but just a little annoying thing. Not sure if it's a Plazmic bug or not.

2. Some of the icons have been moved around, I like things in my own order. So look around for them if you can't find them, they are all there. I did remove the Instant Messaging folder and just moved those to the Apps folder. I never saw a reason for that IM folder.

3. I tried something different using small battery and connection icons, if you guys really hate them, I can change them.

4. "Hey man, I don't like the colors of that one pick, change them!" Tough, it was hard to come up with so many stripe ideas to replace all the icons. You're stuck with what I came up with.

FIXES/UPDATES - 03.17.09
    * Imported and saved with with official Plazmic 4.7 version.
    * App Center and Medium Profile icons now skinned and working.
    * Skinned E-Mail Settings icon, everything should be skinned now.
    * Changed font back to BBAlpha Sans (it looks better).

FIXES/UPDATES - 03.22.09
    * I re-did a few of the pick icons that are real VH colors to make them a bit more realistic.
    * The red/black/white pick I re-striped more exactly in Ed's pattern, and even relic'd it a bit like the paint wear on Ed's guitar. So you'll kinda see the paint chips now. Came out better than I expected.
    * Black and white pick more in Ed's actual guitar pattern.
    * Black and yellow pick more in Ed's actual guitar pattern.
    * Fixed the Incoming Call screen, it reverted back to the default when I re-exported in the official Plazmic.

Here are some some screen shots of how it looks.

Donations
    Not looking for them right now, I did this for fun and to learn. Maybe down the line.

OTA Link
    OTA Download for Storm Halen V1.0
    Last edited by BAN5150; 03-22-09 at 03:52 AM.
    03-16-09 01:22 AM
    Niiiice. I love the dock.. but most of all.. the icons are amazing.. very good job
    03-16-09 01:29 AM
    I like the dock a lot, but your David/Sammy lock screen made me smile the most
    03-16-09 01:31 AM
    Thanks guys, yeah the picks took me forever...I'm like, "Man, how many more freaking color combinations are there!!?"

Yeah I thought some people would laugh at Dave and Sam together on the lock screen.
    03-16-09 01:36 AM
    Found a couple things I didn't like, I'm going to do an update tonight. Will fix the first post when I do.
    03-16-09 01:04 PM
    no interest in Van Halen, but the icons you made look great. Good work!!
    03-16-09 01:16 PM
    Great theme...just installed it!!! One minor detail....Wheres the love for Gary Cherone man!! :P
    HAHA actually I don't hate poor Gary, just wasn't really a place to put to throw his one-album and tour contribution.
    03-16-09 04:23 PM
    I updated this thing with the official Plazmic, a couple other fixes I noted in the first post. OTA link is the same, just replace your old one with this one.
    03-17-09 02:27 AM
    All I can say that as a guitar player, this theme ROCKS! Thanks bro.
    Mitch
    03-17-09 08:23 PM
    I noticed that when I updated it for the official Plazmic, the landscape layout reverted to the portrait's BG and focus icon so they're pixelated. I just fixed it, so download it again if you can, it will be right.
    03-17-09 10:52 PM
    This theme rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sings* "Jump!"
    03-17-09 11:01 PM
    I have no use for this theme, but you did a GREAT Job on it!
    03-17-09 11:23 PM
    A couple updates if you guys look in the first post. Feel free to download the newer version.
    03-22-09 03:16 AM
    Nice theme. However, Hagar, really?
    03-22-09 03:19 AM
    I like 'em with Dave and Sam. Ed's a bigger in the azz than either of them anyway.
    03-22-09 03:54 AM
    All right I finally finished this up, it's not exactly perfect the way I want it, but I will be updating it. It's getting very close though. Here's some info on the theme for all 3 of you VH fans on here.

** Version 1.0 ** 03.17.09 (Download will say 2009.03.22.0102)

Features
    1. It's a Hidden Today theme. So if you have your calendar, your SMS/MMS inbox, and/or your Message inbox in one of the first four positions, they will display four entries above the VH logo when you press them. My goal was to keep the home screen clean, I don't like clutter on them. The icons on the home screen bounce on being pressed.

2. The Apps List can be activated from the home screen by clicking the crossbar of the "H" on the Van Halen logo. I didn't want the whole screen to click, too easy to hit it accidentally when the phone is in your pocket or something.

3. I re-skinned all of the icons as a striped pick, ala Van Halen-style. A few I left alone, a few I've never seen so I ignored them. If you think I have missed one I should skin (besides the games) let me know. Some are obviously based on Ed's actual striped guitars, some I made from colors of the albums, and others I just...well made up.

Known Issues, Bugs, Etc.
    1. There's a thin white bar above the apps, I have seen other themes with them. I don't like it, I need to figure out how to get rid of it. Not a big deal, but just a little annoying thing. Not sure if it's a Plazmic bug or not.

2. Some of the icons have been moved around, I like things in my own order. So look around for them if you can't find them, they are all there. I did remove the Instant Messaging folder and just moved those to the Apps folder. I never saw a reason for that IM folder.

3. I tried something different using small battery and connection icons, if you guys really hate them, I can change them.

4. "Hey man, I don't like the colors of that one pick, change them!" Tough, it was hard to come up with so many stripe ideas to replace all the icons. You're stuck with what I came up with.

FIXES/UPDATES - 03.17.09
    * Imported and saved with with official Plazmic 4.7 version.
    * App Center and Medium Profile icons now skinned and working.
    * Skinned E-Mail Settings icon, everything should be skinned now.
    * Changed font back to BBAlpha Sans (it looks better).

FIXES/UPDATES - 03.22.09
    * I re-did a few of the pick icons that are real VH colors to make them a bit more realistic.
    * The red/black/white pick I re-striped more exactly in Ed's pattern, and even relic'd it a bit like the paint wear on Ed's guitar. So you'll kinda see the paint chips now. Came out better than I expected.
    * Black and white pick more in Ed's actual guitar pattern.
    * Black and yellow pick more in Ed's actual guitar pattern.
    * Fixed the Incoming Call screen, it reverted back to the default when I re-exported in the official Plazmic.

Here are some some screen shots of how it looks.

Donations
    Not looking for them right now, I did this for fun and to learn. Maybe down the line.

OTA Link
    OTA Download for Storm Halen V1.0
    BAN5150........just wanted to say this is a bada** theme. I would LOVE to use it, but I sell real estate (sometimes higher end real estate) and some of my clients wouldn't be impressed..........oh to be younger again
    Great job!
    03-22-09 10:28 AM
    This is a sweet theme. I wish I could put it on my BB Curve. I have been reduced to just a wallpaper VH look. Great job on it.
    07-27-09 02:38 AM
    Makes me want to get a BB Storm now.
    07-27-09 02:39 AM
    This made me laugh a bit, nice work--particularly the guitar pick icons. You gonna do one for Chickenfoot now??
    07-27-09 02:40 AM
    This theme rocks its great.
    07-27-09 05:03 AM
    OMG thanks for bumping this thread. This theme made my day.

Edit: Def not .151 compatible
    Last edited by jlawler4; 07-29-09 at 09:12 AM.
    07-29-09 08:44 AM
    OMG thanks for bumping this thread. This theme made my day.

Edit: Def not .151 compatible
    I don't have .151, what doesn't work on the theme?
    08-02-09 01:36 PM
    This made me laugh a bit, nice work--particularly the guitar pick icons. You gonna do one for Chickenfoot now??
    I thought about it.
    08-02-09 01:37 PM
    I don't have .151, what doesn't work on the theme?
    Well nothing worked on it for me on .151, don't know what works on another OS.
    08-03-09 06:58 AM
    I just updated my Storm software to version 5.0. When I turn the phone horizontally, the theme has white bars on both sides. Any ideas on how to fox this?
    10-26-09 07:14 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD