I'm on att network. I just used bb maps like an hour ago and now when I look for it suddently not there anymore. The app is still on application list. I look on hidden icon and not there also. I deleted it and reload it again and tried using different aftermarket themes still now showing up. I downgrade to .237 still nothing. Upgrade it back to .247 still nothing.

Anybody know what the **** is att doing with the bb map? Are they pushing all the bold bb map service book to have it remove from the list?

Any one with same issues and know how to solve this really appreciate it. I like google map but bb map is loaded faster so I need this.
    03-15-09 08:56 PM
    I was reloading BBMaps this evening (just playing around), and I'm seeing the same thing. I have QuickLaunch installed (which has an option for BBMaps), and when I launch it, I get a "Maps has been disabled" message. I don't know what is going on, but I'm seeing stuff similar to what you are seeing.
    03-15-09 09:43 PM
    Try a battery pull
    03-15-09 10:01 PM
    I've done about a half dozen battery pulls. Also tried resending service books and re-registering from the Host Routing Table menu. No dice.
    03-15-09 10:03 PM
    I've done about a half dozen battery pulls. Also tried resending service books and re-registering from the Host Routing Table menu. No dice.
    That was my only guess. I dont use BB maps so I am not much help on this one.
    03-15-09 10:05 PM
    If anyone figures this out please put up a sticky!!
    03-15-09 10:06 PM
    I lost mine too. I tried everything I thought it was from facebook 1.5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 10:18 PM
    I'm guessing it's something recent then. I know it worked on .247 at sometime in the past (which given the date of leak, can't be too long ago).
    03-15-09 10:22 PM
    I lost mine some time the early morning of 03/14/09. At least it's not just my Bold.

Bryan
    03-15-09 10:58 PM
    I have the EXACT same problem! Came from .247 to OE AT&T load, then back to .237. I noticed that on the original AT&T load, it was gone and it's gone on .237 also. Read every thread here I could find, Googled and read and tried everything unsuccessfully. Loaded Google maps back out of frustration (though I like their map program). WTF is going on??? Wiping the Bold internally and with JL Commander didn't help! Tried EVERYTHING I could find and nothing works!
    03-15-09 11:17 PM
    I'm glad to see it's not just my phone. At least I still have Google Maps.
    03-16-09 12:03 AM
    same for me. it shows installed but i cant get it to run
    03-16-09 01:39 AM
    I had this very problem 3 days ago. I upgraded to .247 and used bbmaps the next morning. All was fine until I received the same "Maps has been disabled" mentioned above and the icon was now gone, although it was still in my applications list. I downgraded back to .237 but still no icon. Luckily I had backed up my phone and apps one week earlier so I did a restore and everything came back as it was before, including the bbmaps icon. I found .247 to be very unstable and I've read here that is has some serious gps issues. Hopefully you have backed up your phone. If so, do a restore. Good luck and let us know what happens.

03-16-09 02:00 AM
    IMHO they did you a favor. Sorry, I know that's not helpful, but I can't see any reason to use BB Maps with Google Maps being free and so much better. On the plus side, maybe your stupid Media Mall icons will go away too!
    03-16-09 03:07 AM
    IMHO they did you a favor. Sorry, I know that's not helpful, but I can't see any reason to use BB Maps with Google Maps being free and so much better. On the plus side, maybe your stupid Media Mall icons will go away too!
    If Google Maps was upgraded to include the image geocaching feature of BB Maps, I'd agree with you 100%.

Bryan
    03-16-09 04:07 AM
    No issues here.
    03-16-09 07:04 AM
    Well at least not just me. I'm going to give a try using my back up file and see what happen

03-16-09 07:09 AM
    I had this very problem 3 days ago. I upgraded to .247 and used bbmaps the next morning. All was fine until I received the same "Maps has been disabled" mentioned above and the icon was now gone, although it was still in my applications list. I downgraded back to .237 but still no icon. Luckily I had backed up my phone and apps one week earlier so I did a restore and everything came back as it was before, including the bbmaps icon. I found .247 to be very unstable and I've read here that is has some serious gps issues. Hopefully you have backed up your phone. If so, do a restore. Good luck and let us know what happens.

WOW THIS IS WORKING!!!!! Lucky I backed up my bb every day. Nice find. thanks a lot !!!!!
    03-16-09 07:26 AM
    Well, I wiped, downgraded to .237, and restored from a previous backup. Maps icon was there. Re-sent my services books from the AT&T BIS site, and now the Maps icon is gone. I smell something fishy.
    03-16-09 09:42 AM
    Still have the EXACT same problem. I'm beginning to think it's an AT&T issue directly related to either receiving new Host routing info (new Registration after a new install) or having Service books re-sent. The Host routing info is the norm after a new OS is installed and is sent the first time you turn on the cell phone and it connects with AT&T. Plus, I always re-send the Service Books after a new OS is installed. Some where in there is the common link to our problems. Has anyone spoken to AT&T about this issue, and if so, what did they say about it??
    03-16-09 01:55 PM
    Yup im on .247 and my maps icon vanished a few days ago to for no reason. I decided to delete the app as its pretty useless compared to google.
    03-16-09 04:23 PM
    damn now that u guys mentioned it. I LOST MINE TOO!
    03-16-09 04:25 PM
    This is messed up, I'm running .167 and luckily I still have it working and I happen to love BBmaps as much as Google maps

03-16-09 04:49 PM
    Well, I wouldn't reboot your device or resend your service books, wcjjjc. I'm wondering if you'd lose it as well.
    03-16-09 05:55 PM
    i'm on .247 and i have BB maps and it works just fine....
    03-16-09 06:20 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD