Ever since .247 my Standby button has NOT worked.
    It's done this before, but then it worked for the longest time! Do I need to send this into RIM? My phone is unlocked/unbraded and I'm not sure where it came from. (other than eBay)

Is this a software issue? Or just bad luck?
    Phone works fine otherwise, I just have to be careful when pocketing it so that the buttons don't get pressed
    03-15-09 07:17 PM
    yupppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ppppppppp
    03-15-09 07:17 PM
    It's done this before, but then it worked for the longest time! Do I need to send this into RIM? My phone is unlocked/unbraded and I'm not sure where it came from. (other than eBay)

Phone works fine otherwise, I just have to be careful when pocketing it so that the buttons don't get pressed
    Why not just lock it? You can get the AutoStandby App too.

Chris
    03-15-09 07:27 PM
    .247 working fine for me. Don't think it's a software issue ... unless the OS has laoded with a glitch.

Locking it won't give you the same battery life savings as standby.

Maybe try reloading the OS and see. Otherwise, my guess is hardware.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 07:51 PM
    Assuming you tried a battery pull?
    03-15-09 08:26 PM
    My stand-by button hasn't worked since the ninth day I had it... Don't really care, I just lock the keyboard...
    03-15-09 08:29 PM
    Assuming you tried a battery pull?
    yeah... I'm not sure what to do though
    03-15-09 11:43 PM
    I agree with the above posters. Since you've said that this was the only problem, I would just lock the device. If you send it in you will more than likely get a refurbished unit, if at all. You did mention that you bought it off of Ebay. I haven't heard of anyone having luck getting service on a Bold that was purchased from Ebay.

Bryan
    03-16-09 12:06 AM
    Have you tried reloading the os? Maybe something got corupted. Long shot sure, but what have you got to lose?
    03-16-09 12:24 AM

I have had similar problems and decided to revert my OS back down to what was loaded on the phone when i bought it. I went back to .167 and my standby button issue seems to have disappeared. Of course, its only been about 2 hours - it may be back tomorrow!
    05-28-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD