Does anybody know what carrier will be releasing the Blackberry 9900 (Pluto)? I have Verizon Wireless and I really like that phone! My plan ends January 1st, 2010. If the 9900 comes out for Verizon, I'm definitely getting it! I've never had a Blackberry before, but now I really like them! This is my favorite one!
    03-15-09 06:25 PM
    9900 got scraped, but there's a new Bold replacement coming. Read the updates on the front page.
    03-15-09 06:32 PM
    Oh, thank you. I read that before, but I wasn't really paying attention to it. Haha.
    03-15-09 07:31 PM
    9900 got scraped, but there's a new Bold replacement coming. Read the updates on the front page.
    Huh? Idk what the model number for the pluto will be... as reported its the 9900 but the pluto has not been scrapped. Idk where you've gotten your info from. That doesn't make any sense seeing as how the pluto has been confirmed by several sources including crucial.

But as for the OPs question it will be quite some time till this device makes it to verizon... if at all, its GSM. So don't hold your breath.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 08:09 PM
    Huh? Idk what the model number for the pluto will be... as reported its the 9900 but the pluto has not been scrapped. Idk where you've gotten your info from. That doesn't make any sense seeing as how the pluto has been confirmed by several sources including crucial.

But as for the OPs question it will be quite some time till this device makes it to verizon... if at all, its GSM. So don't hold your breath.

...One of our trustiest inside sources finally got a look at this, and while not commenting on the photos themselves, let us know that the 9900/"Pluto" as its been referred to thus far on the blogosphere is now pretty old stuff internally, and while it did exist in this type of form factor the project has now been scrapped in favor of a new one which will feature much more improvementsand technologies that will ultimately become a Bold replacement...

Front page buddy.
    03-15-09 09:10 PM
    Honestly, whenever the 99xx Blackberry is released, hope that it closely resembles the Bold (but not cheaply built like the bold), hoping that it will have more exclusivity like the 8800 (meaning that the price shouldn't be so cheap), and hoping that it comes out next year (so that it is 4G ready)!!
    03-15-09 09:41 PM
    Honestly, whenever the 99xx Blackberry is released, hope that it closely resembles the Bold (but not cheaply built like the bold), hoping that it will have more exclusivity like the 8800 (meaning that the price shouldn't be so cheap), and hoping that it comes out next year (so that it is 4G ready)!!

At least for AT&T I wouldn't ever expect a BB 4G capable phone for another 3 years.
    03-15-09 11:14 PM
    ...One of our trustiest inside sources finally got a look at this, and while not commenting on the photos themselves, let us know that the 9900/"Pluto" as its been referred to thus far on the blogosphere is now pretty old stuff internally, and while it did exist in this type of form factor the project has now been scrapped in favor of a new one which will feature much more improvementsand technologies that will ultimately become a Bold replacement...

Front page buddy.
    I'm sorry but you're gonna have to link me. Because I have no idea what you're talking about. I've read the updates on the blogs on crackberry and the one on BGR about the 9900 and nowhere did I see that it was scrapped. A bunch of talk about the validity of the images but nothing on it being scrapped.

Unless you're talking about the comments but I don't waste my time reading all of those.

03-15-09 11:58 PM
    I read the other thread about this phone posted saturday by crucial and he didn't mention anything about it being scrapped.

03-16-09 12:08 AM
    I'm sorry but you're gonna have to link me. Because I have no idea what you're talking about. I've read the updates on the blogs on crackberry and the one on BGR about the 9900 and nowhere did I see that it was scrapped. A bunch of talk about the validity of the images but nothing on it being scrapped.

Unless you're talking about the comments but I don't waste my time reading all of those.

From the front page:
    * A Final Update for Now: Sometimes it takes a post-gone-kinda-wrong like this to get to the real nitty gritty of it all. One of our trustiest inside sources finally got a look at this, and while not commenting on the photos themselves, let us know that the 9900/"Pluto" as its been referred to thus far on the blogosphere is now pretty old stuff internally, and while it did exist in this type of form factor the project has now been scrapped in favor of a new one which will feature much more improvementsand technologies that will ultimately become a Bold replacement. Details are limited at this time, but things like a "new optical trackball" should be on the table. So when it comes to images like this coming from a carrier/partner source, while new to us things like this can happen when they're old to RIM. Again...we'll leave it here for now, take it for what its worth, and we'll see what happens in the months ahead. *
    Another BlackBerry 9900 Pluto Image! | CrackBerry.com
    03-16-09 08:46 AM
    why would RIM go for an optical track ball....I think the touch screen with a full keyboard is the best of both worlds. Just my opinion though
    03-16-09 09:52 AM
    nvm... I updated that thread about 10 times and my viigo never picked up the second update to that article...wtvr
    03-16-09 10:05 AM
    Scrapped or not Rogers will most likely get it first.

03-16-09 10:34 AM
    If Rodgers gets it, does that mean Verizon might have it shortly after?
    03-16-09 10:45 PM
    Not likely. However, depending on this phone's release date, that might not matter because with 4G LTE coming around mid 2010 (or later) most major NA carriers, except Sprint, will be running the same technology, so all of this GSM vs CMDA controversy will over, and unless carriers come up with a barrier to it, all 4G phones will be able to be run on any network. (Again, except Sprint).
    03-16-09 10:56 PM
    If Roger get it. (GSM) it will most likely go to AT&T first in the USA.
    03-17-09 07:00 AM
    I'd expect to at least wait a year for a CDMA version to come out.

03-17-09 11:10 AM
    If Roger get it. (GSM) it will most likely go to AT&T first in the USA.
    Oh man, I'm hoping that it does come to ATT. I know it got scrapped, but whatever the Bold replacement ends up being, I'll get it one way or another. I love the Bold now, but if RIM can think of a better replacement...
    03-17-09 12:50 PM
    Hope they make something close to it soon
    03-18-09 02:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD