I have VVM and need help. Whenever I try to listen to a voicemail a message pops up that says "the application vvmail_9530 has attempted to open a connection to a location inside and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy." How do I fix this? It's driving me crazy.
    03-15-09 10:04 AM
    Sounds like a BES issue that your company BB Network Administrator would need to look into as it appears they have your Storm under company policies restricting incoming information by using the firewall.... But I could be wrong
    03-15-09 10:08 AM
    I do not have BES. I am on BIS.
    03-15-09 10:28 AM
    After finding YouMail, I've not had the energy to pay for visual voicemail.
    03-15-09 10:41 AM
    It certainly does sound like you have an IT Policy on your Storm. If you bought the Storm from someone else, maybe it's their old policy?

You could always download CrackUtil and Reset the IT Policy if the latter above is the case:
    Warning: You could brick your BB if you're not comfortable doing this and mess it up.
    Warning #2: You could be in trouble with your company if you remove a BES Policy placed on your Storm by them

(Can you tell that I've been living in the States for over 10 years now by the above disclaimers? )

Basically DO NOT do this unless you know what you are doing (and/or are willing to accept the potential consequences):
    Last edited by bbsean; 03-15-09 at 10:45 AM.
    03-15-09 10:41 AM
    I agree. YouMail along with Joe Krill's Visual VoiceMail VyMail software is (IMHO) a far superior combination.

After finding YouMail, I've not had the energy to pay for visual voicemail.
    03-15-09 10:43 AM
    I bought this phone brand new from the Verizon store
    03-15-09 11:13 AM
    completely agree. I'm embarrassed about paying for Visual Voicemail all this time. YouMail is excellent
    03-15-09 11:17 AM
    OK as I said it sounded like a BES company policy but I could be wrong
    I have BIS and VVM and I have never had any messages concerning my IT Policy on my Storm, however on my company BB Curve I get these all of the time when I try to add applications
    03-15-09 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD