Is there any information out there on if the 9630 will be realesed on Sprint?
    I loved the javelin when it was first spotted and unfortunately never made it to my carrier, I know its a GSM BB for now, but given that the Niagara is a CDMA device, will we see this device.
    Sprint needs to really step up their BB lineup and forget about the other brands seriously...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 06:23 AM
    Apparently Sprint will be getting a custom version of the 9630 that doesnt use Qualcom chips so they can avoid paying royalties related to the recent lawsuit.

Unfortunately this means VZW will probably get it to market much faster then Sprint.
    03-15-09 09:55 AM
    i bet we are still talking centuries later! Sprint needs some monster help with phone designs and a few exclusives as well would be nice!
    03-15-09 10:41 AM
    Leave it up to Sprint to screw us over and cause potential delays. Man this sh�t is fustrating, I mean don't get me wrong the I hate the whole delay process of us getting BBs so late with a passion but I love my SEP lol. That is the only thing keeping me wit Sprint as well as the service I get its not bad at all; plus I don't wonna pay ETF. But that whole CDMA delay stuff really gets to me.

03-15-09 11:12 AM
    Sprint is starting to burn my biscuits...They never learn if the curve is such a hot seller why havent they moved faster to get another bb to market...**** at their rate Metro will have the Niagara before us...
    03-15-09 11:55 AM
    Sprint is starting to burn my biscuits...They never learn if the curve is such a hot seller why havent they moved faster to get another bb to market...**** at their rate Metro will have the Niagara before us...
    LMAO that was funny your probably right.
    03-15-09 12:45 PM
    They should release the Niagra hopefully around May/June. But now that VZW will be releasing their version, it doesn't look like Sprint will make that release date.

03-15-09 03:11 PM
    They should release the Niagra hopefully around May/June. But now that VZW will be releasing their version, it doesn't look like Sprint will make that release date.

thats what i was thinking. although the sooner the better, a later release will allow some bugs to be fixed and newer OS versions to be leaked and stuff like that. thats what happened to me when i first got into the BB world with my pearl. definitely getting it as SOON as it comes out.
    03-15-09 10:16 PM
    Let's please put the speculation to rest already. I'm not gonna be here getting my hopes up and down cuz people just wonna be assuming dates.

03-15-09 10:20 PM
    Apparently Sprint will be getting a custom version of the 9630 that doesnt use Qualcom chips so they can avoid paying royalties related to the recent lawsuit.

Unfortunately this means VZW will probably get it to market much faster then Sprint.
    Where did you hear this from? That's a new one for me. Will be interesting to see what chipset they decide to use if not the Qualcomm. But of course, any more info about this would be awesome to have,
    03-15-09 10:38 PM
    If it's true that Sprint isn't releasing a 9630 because of royalty issues, how would that be screwing us (the customer) over? If there is an extra charge to be paid because of a lawsuit, do you really think Sprint would eat that? No, they would pass it on to you, the customer, in the form of higher device and subscription fees. Looking at it that way, it seems more like they'd be doing you a favor by forgoing lawsuit penalties...

03-16-09 01:16 AM
    Where did you hear this from? That's a new one for me. Will be interesting to see what chipset they decide to use if not the Qualcomm. But of course, any more info about this would be awesome to have,
    Looks like I remembered it partially wrong, but here is the original rumor:

(Rumor) Sprint BlackBerry Niagara details confirmed UPDATED | BlackBerry Cool
    03-16-09 10:26 AM
    I've read that article. I've read a lot of articles from BBC. That site is nothing but a rumor mill and a collection of disinformation on par with theonion.com ... Take anything you read there with a grain of salt.

03-16-09 10:51 AM
    Looks like I remembered it partially wrong, but here is the original rumor:

(Rumor) Sprint BlackBerry Niagara details confirmed UPDATED | BlackBerry Cool
    That article also shows a Bold in the picture, not the Niagra.
    03-16-09 11:22 AM
    It is dated before the leak of Niagara pictures, so I am not surprised at that.
    03-16-09 01:05 PM
    According to Boy Genius, it'll be Q3 before Sprint gets the Niagara
    03-16-09 02:11 PM
    So we have a little while to wait. At least we know it's coming. And, as has been stated before, I think it will be a good thing to let VZW work out all the bugs before Sprint releases it. I am perfectly fine waiting another 6 months for release.
    03-16-09 02:20 PM
    I think it is supposed to be Verizon in May and Sprint in Sept.
    03-16-09 02:46 PM
    So we have a little while to wait. At least we know it's coming. And, as has been stated before, I think it will be a good thing to let VZW work out all the bugs before Sprint releases it. I am perfectly fine waiting another 6 months for release.
    Who says it has to have bugs? I'm sure it will have all of the "bugs" worked out before it comes to VZW. It's not like this is a new technology overhaul like the Storm. This is their bread-n-butter and "know how" right here. I think that just may be your way of psyching yourself out to feel better about having to wait so long. Let's just be honest here. LOL!
    03-16-09 02:49 PM
    Being that I'm not as well informed as some you are about the issues hindering the release of the 9630, all I can do is hope it does come to Sprint.

However being that I recently just gave in and brought a Curve after a 3-4 month wait for a new BB on Sprint, I've learned not to hold my breath.

03-16-09 09:28 PM
    well well well if any of you guys remember happened to the release of the Sprint Curve a year ago, then this is nothing new. Even after it was officially announced there were push backs and a whole lot of delays. So I learnt from that, I want this BB so bad its not even funny, so in the mean time while there is all this speculation and uncertainty I will be saving up money for my own good. If it comes I buy it if not I keep saving. Sprint plays too many games, and I hate the way I use all their resources for Palm and MOTO and others, I mean where is the department responsible for blackberrys?

03-16-09 09:40 PM
    Part of the issue is that many of us want a new device shortly after we just purchase one. It is the nature of the addiction.

We want perfection, and we wnat it now.

Many of us (myself included) can't program or design handsets or have a clue on what it takes to design a phone , test it, have the FCC approve it,etc.

It isn't as simple as saying "why can't they come out with a new phone more often".

New products and upgrades take time to develop, build and test. Each carrier "influences" phones, but they do not manufacture them.

The thing I miss about being on a GSM carrier was my ability to buy unlocked phones, insert my SIM, chnage my settings and move forward. I can't due that with Sprint CDMA phones. I knew this when I switched 2 1/2 years ago. I put up with it for my SERO plan. As long as my call quality remians the same, I will wait for new handsets.
    03-17-09 08:44 AM
    Its true, Sprint treats us Blackberry users like sh!t. Who gives a **** about Palm's latest dud? Answer: nobody. Meanwhile a known commodity like Blackberry gets the back burner. Sprint are id!ots.

So rumors suggest Sept... we should expect Nov. Its hard to hang on. But then again, my friend is paying $182/mo to AT&T (Bold) for the same services I get from Sprint for $106/mo. To save $76/mo I may just deal with my crappy old slow Curve for another half a year.

BTW Cowboys2000, the word is "do", not "due", as in "I can't due that". And without T.O. to throw to, Tony Homo will have a disappointing year. His shot at a ring is gone.
    Last edited by theadrock13; 03-18-09 at 03:15 PM.
    03-18-09 03:10 PM
    HTC Rhodium.....really!?!? Rhodium....WOW...where are these people getting these names????
    03-18-09 03:41 PM
    haha when you have 30+ device in development at once like HTC I guess they run out of good names!

They will come up with something better when it is launched though!
    03-18-09 04:01 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD