Hi everyone-

I currently own an 8100 Pearl with AT&T, running on OS 4.5.

I'm looking to upgrade to a new BlackBerry with a full QWERTY board.

I can stick with AT&T and get the Bold, but I'm willing to switch carriers. I'm also willing to wait if there's a great new BlackBerry coming out soon.

Does anybody know if there's a site that has side-by-side comparisons of existing and/or upcoming BlackBerry devices?

If not, can anybody offer any advice?

Although all advice is welcome, responses such as "get a Bold" don't really help that much. Instead, if you think I should get a Bold, please tell me why.

I like the design of the Bold, and I also like the added memory. As I understand it, although the Bold has 1GB onboard memory, programs can only be installed on 128MB of it. Is that correct?

Also, I've read that the browser on the Bold is "better," but I can't seem to find out why. How is it different from the browser on the Pearl or the Curve? Is it just because it's a bigger, brighter screen, or is the browser somehow better.

I've also read a bit about the Niagara and the Javelin. How do those differ from the Bold?

Anyway, any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    03-14-09 10:52 PM
    Go to gsm arena, search the phones you like and compare them. There's many threads about this very topic and essentially try them out, see what you need (3G or not is typically key). Just search around CB and you'll find answers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 11:16 PM
    Thanks, but you can't use GSM Arena to look for BBs that don't yet exist. If I was going to buy a new BB today, I'd probably go with the Bold. I started this thread because I'm wondering if anybody knows how the soon-to-be-released BBs compare.
    03-14-09 11:19 PM
    I just upgraded from a Curve to a Bold on AT&T.

I have found that the headset, although slightly bigger, is more solid. The keyboard is a little different, but comfortable to type on. I also like the look of the Bold. It also seems to run everything faster.

I have a memory card it, and do have some apps loaded. Memory has not been an issue for me so far.

All in all, the Bold for me is a great choice.
    03-14-09 11:21 PM
    From everything that I've read, you can't go wrong with the Bold... I've heard great things, yet never experienced any of them.

For me, if you want a solid device, you really can't go wrong with a Curve. It's really not going anywhere anytime soon. The 8900 just came out with T-Mobile, which I also hear great things about, but how long until it trickles down to all the other carriers...

Any way you see it, even with only 128 avail for apps on the Bold (if that's true, which I don't know for sure) it's still more than the 96 on the Curve 8330, which I don't even know if ATT carries... I'd go Bold
    03-15-09 03:25 AM
    I just upgraded from a Curve to a Bold on AT&T.

I have found that the headset, although slightly bigger, is more solid. The keyboard is a little different, but comfortable to type on. I also like the look of the Bold. It also seems to run everything faster.

I have a memory card it, and do have some apps loaded. Memory has not been an issue for me so far.

All in all, the Bold for me is a great choice.

This will probably said a hundred different ways by a 100 different Bold owners, but make me 101st. I continue to be impressed by the Bold vs the Curve and all other BBs I have owned. And I have never really had issues with ATT service on them.
    03-15-09 10:43 AM
    i love the curve 8900, but i'm on verizon and i like their coverage so i'm not willing to switch but if t-mobile has solid coverage in the area you live in/areas you frequent, that's another phone you might want to look at.
    03-15-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD