This is a thread I am starting for apps that I am developing for free. I will update it whenever I come out with a new app. There will be donation links for each app so I can track what apps people like as well as donate to the people hosting each of the OTA links for me. So download and enjoy.

*** All of the files can also be found at BACKROOM SOFTWARE LLC - MOBILE ***

All of my apps will need to have this library installed to work.

CM [OS 4.7+] - Library module (Updated 7-01-09 10:00 PM)
    CM

CM [Pre OS 4.7] - Library module (Updated 7-01-09 10:00 PM)
    CM

STORM v2.0 - LIGHTNING GLOBE (Updated 3-29-09 4:45 PM)
    STORM
    STORM DONATIONS
    *** Touch the screen and the lightning will follow your finger. You can touch with two fingers and it will strike the closest finger and channel it through to the other. The screen starts with no background, but you can hit the BB menu button to turn the background on. Changing the background also changes the sound effects. If you do not touch the screen the lightning will randomly strike it. You have the option to have it strike a single location or multiple locations.

STORMSWEEPER [0.2.05] - MINESWEEPER CLONE (Updated 6-22-09 4:45 PM)
    STORMSWEEPER
    STORMSWEEPER DONATIONS
    *** Minesweeper clone. Has three board sizes (Small - 8x8, Medium - 10x10, Large - 12x12) and four difficulties (Beginner - 10 mines, Intermediate - 20 mines, Hard - 30 mines, Expert - 40 mines). Keeps track of the fastest time you complete each of the combinations (Small-Easy, Small-Intermediate, etc). The clock starts as soon as the board is laid out, and you can pause using the BB menu. Allows you to display the best time for the current combination you are on (also has a Scores popup from the menu on the Title screen). Touch the screen to mark the mines and click the screen to open up the field. Question marks will open unless they are a mine. Flags will never open, even if clicked.

POP [0.1.10] - BUBBLE POPPING FUN (Updated 6-22-09 5:15 PM)
    POP
    POP DONATION
    *** Clone of the Wii game by the same name. Touch the screen to pop the bubbles. The game starts on easy and you have to progress through it to get to the harder levels. There is an in game help menu, so I wont give many details. There is only one option to start with, but by playing the game you can get more options.
    (ISSUES: The game takes a while to load the first level. It is not frozen or locked. Since there is no 3D library on the STORM I wrote my own to do the highlighting/shading of the bubbles. I am looking into using vector graphics to speed it up, but for now the load is slow. As such the game skips every now and then while playing because the next level is generated in the background)

BERRYSIMON - SIMON CLONE. (Updated 8-8-09 3:00PM) ----- NOW COMPATIBLE WITH TOUR
    BERRY SIMON
    STORMSIMON DONATIONS
    *** Clone of the classic Simon game. Only has the standard mode with difficulty settings of 2,3, and 4 lights. Touch the logo in the middle to start/stop the game. Touch the light to select it.

ICU - THE REAL EYE-PHONE (Updated 3-29-09 4:45PM)
    ICU
    ICU DONATIONS
    *** The phones have eyes, LOL. Place a pair of randomly moving eyes on your phone. The phone changes from AWAKE to TIRED to SLEEP and back. Will snore when it falls asleep, will yawn when it gets tired. When awake will randomly drink a beer, go to the bathroom, or ignore a phone call. Will drink coffee or go to the bathroom when waking up. Can change the color of the eyes with the BB menu button. Just another useless app, but a good friend if you need someone to listen (just don't bore him or he will snooze on you, LOL). Keep on the lookout for more sounds, sound effects, and emotions/states.

STORMBRITE - LITE BRITE CLONE (Updated 4-22-09 11:30 AM)
    STORM BRITE
    STORM BRITE DONATIONS
    *** Clone of the classic lite brite game. Now able to save the images to the internal memory of the phone.

[-BETA-] STORMIT NOTES - POST IT NOTES APP (***NEW*** 3-29-09 4:45PM)
    STORMIT

*** Post it notes type app that lets you draw you message instead of having to type it. Allows you to save on note to each day. Notes can be reload and deleted, or saved to another day. Will automatically load the note if one has been saved for that day.
    (DIRECTIONS) You can write your message in the small screen below the calendar. You can tap this screen to make it enlarge to a full-screen view. Tap it again to go back. Use you finger to draw lines for text, touch and hold you finger for a half a second to do punctuation or dots. To clear the screen, use the menu button or use two fingers to touch the screen (anything inside the rectangle formed by your fingers will be erased). Click the screen and it will reset to the origin of the image (currently there is no way to get back to your message other than writing to scroll - workaround is to use the fullscreen pad)
    (KNOWN ISSUE) (1) The calendar is off for any day occuring more than one month in the past. (2) When writing your note on the calendar screen, if you scroll right or down, once you move back to the left or up, the edge of the screen will disappear. (Workaround is to only write in fullScreen mode.)

TTR (Tap Tap Revolution) - (*** UPDATED 4-3-09 11:20 AM ***)
    TTR
    TTR DONATIONS
    *** DDR Like game where you have to select the correct arrow while it is in the scoring band. Allows you to play with one finger or two. Two scoring modes, percent and point. With percent you have to get more than a certain percent to pass the level. With points you cant miss more than a certain number of points. There are four levels to each round (the score bar moves closer to the top) and there are five rounds. The speed of the tiles gets faster with each round.

EZTIP - TIP CALCULATOR (***NEW*** 4-5-09 3:00 AM)
    EZTIP
    EZTIP DONATIONS

***Very simple, very ugly tip calculator. Select the digit to change and scroll up or down to change it. Automatically adjusts each person's share (no need to click). Press the back, end, or menu button to close the app.

FLIPOFF - Disable alerts, vibrations, and sounds by placing phone face down. (***NEW*** 8-8-09 11:00PM)
    FlipOFF
    Last edited by CMY; 04-14-10 at 10:39 PM.
    03-14-09 06:28 PM
    I will use this block to tell about upcoming apps and games that I am developing. Please try out the apps and leave me feedback if you like (things that don't work, thing you would like to see, apps you would like, etc). You can pm or email me at [email protected].

Been awhile since I updated, but I am still working on some apps. I have almost completed the Multiplayer Version of StormSweeper, just need to get it where you dont have to reconnect for each game. I am also working on an adventure roleplaying game as well. I will get back to these as soon as I get done with my current project. Can't release the details yet, but I'm sure it will be a hit.

TBD

************************************************** ********************************************
    I have decided to take a new approach to taking donations. I will continue to offer apps for free, but now I will also make a paid multi-player version of some apps. So be on the lookout these new versions.

UPCOMING:
    STORMSIMON - TBD
    STORMSWEEPER - TBD
    POP - TBD
    Last edited by CMY; 04-22-09 at 10:59 AM.
    03-14-09 06:39 PM
    CMY you aren't based out of southern MD are you?
    03-14-09 06:51 PM
    Nope, South Crack.....i mean Khak...
    03-14-09 07:03 PM
    Thanks, man!
    03-14-09 07:07 PM
    Nope, South Crack.....i mean Khak...
    OK, I know someone with the same name that was signed to your cm_library. Haven't talked to him in a couple years so I figured I would ask. Good job on the storm app.
    03-14-09 07:10 PM
    what is in your library file/ what does it do?

i, like many, have to know what i am installing on my device before i do it.
    03-14-09 07:39 PM
    I use custom classes for all of my apps so i can control all the aspects of the widgets (color, position, size, font, etc). The library is just all of these classes kept in one place so I can reuse them and cut down on the app cod sizes.
    03-14-09 07:46 PM
    Great work, and thanks for making this stuff for everyone to enjoy for free.

I'm getting an "error starting StormSweeper: Module 'StormSweeper' attempts to access a secure API". What does this mean?
    03-14-09 08:45 PM
    using my storms internet browser (have tried default browser and opera mini) all of the OTA .jad files you have linked do not work, it loads all the way and then says a connection error.

Any other internet site works and all other OTA downloads work so it has to be the links...
    03-14-09 08:57 PM
    using my storms internet browser (have tried default browser and opera mini) all of the OTA .jad files you have linked do not work, it loads all the way and then says a connection error.

Any other internet site works and all other OTA downloads work so it has to be the links...
    That is weird because I tested the first one and downloaded without any issues.

So it starts downloading and then it gives you the error or it doesn't even start downloading?
    03-14-09 09:18 PM
    Excellent work, but I think you need to sign your work with the keys to allow for access to secure API.
    Last edited by PavementPilot; 03-14-09 at 10:03 PM.
    03-14-09 10:00 PM
    Minesweeper does not work. Phone can not access the secure API
    03-14-09 10:04 PM
    He re-did it and it is up guys!!

Update: Still giving the error (StormSweeper)
    Last edited by Venc; 03-14-09 at 10:22 PM.
    03-14-09 10:14 PM
    Im still getting the error message trying to open minesweeper.
    03-14-09 10:24 PM
    Im still getting the error message trying to open minesweeper.
    Read the post on top of yours lol

Everything just updated! Wait for CMY to update first post
    03-14-09 10:33 PM
    yeah, and after reading that post i tried it again and got the same message thats all. i saw the post. thats why i said im STILL getting the error..
    03-14-09 10:34 PM
    just redownloaded minesweeper. and it STILL says .. attempts to access a secure api. any suggestions besides waiting ?
    03-14-09 10:36 PM
    just redownloaded minesweeper. and it STILL says .. attempts to access a secure api. any suggestions besides waiting ?
    Wait for CMY to update the first post, he changed the CM library, so that might fix the problem.

Give me a min and I'll post my results
    03-14-09 10:38 PM
    Thanks. am i supposed to see anything after downloading the library? Maybe a stupid question but it doesnt show up anywhere. Is it something that just hides in the background?
    03-14-09 10:41 PM
    Thanks. am i supposed to see anything after downloading the library? Maybe a stupid question but it doesnt show up anywhere. Is it something that just hides in the background?
    No you wont see anything when downloading the library, the other program then uses it as needed

It is not working for me, let me do a battery pull as when I installed the library again it asked me to reboot
    03-14-09 10:43 PM
    The library will not show up only the apps. If you want to delete the library you will need to goto advanced options>applications and delete from there
    03-14-09 10:44 PM
    Now the CM is the problem, with the secure API
    03-14-09 10:48 PM
    reinstalled the library then the app...still no dice . Any luck from anyone yet?
    03-14-09 10:48 PM
    Good work on this. I will definitely be checking this often. Thanks.
    03-14-09 10:52 PM
142 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD