The "Marcus Hybrid," to differentiate from the others

GIVE IT AT LEAST 1 DAY! The feedback I am getting is telling me that IF there are VSOD's or freezes, for most they iron themself out within a day or so!!!!!!

Now, I know .90 was **** for some of you, but I have run .90 on 3 different devices with no ill effects. I am running OS .113, the radio from .90, and finally the mms.cod from .86.
    Your device may react differently then mine, but give it a try. I know a LOT of you have had s**t results with .90, but with this mix, you might get different results.
    I have extremely quick transitions, no lag, FULL COLOR, and great phone quality.
    I also know that 10 people could try this and get 10 different results.
    BTW, I ran both .114 hybrids out there ON MY DEVICE and for me this is BY FAR better and quicker than those. As for memory leaks, I fluctuate between 5-11 MB down from reset. I'm OK with that
    Try it and let me know what you think.
    You have all been so helpful to me. I hope this helps one or two of you out!

Step by step (as good as I can relay them):

I backed EVERYTHING up, including 3rd party apps, and wiped with JL Comder.

1. Download and install OS .113
    2. Click the link on the first post. It will include the loader files that you will replace in your existing .113 OS.
    3. Go to C drive,->program files->common files->RIM->loader->shared->OS .113.
    4. Click on the CDMA folder to get to the .113 radio file. Grab the .90 radio file from the loader files and drag it into the CDMA folder from .113. It will ask you to rewrite, say yes.
    5. Same with the mms.cod. In .113 java files, drag the .86 mms.cod loader file into the .113 java folder. Yes, to rewrite.
    7. Plug in, open DM, and you're off to the races!

Forgot to mention, I deleted the bb_help files, and sample media files and freed up about 6-7 MB. You can save more memory by deleting all of the VAD (voice-activated dialing) files. These are in your java files.

Let me know if you have questions. I'm not great at relaying step by step instructions, but let me know!

EDIT: Memory will start at 49. A couple times a day will dip to 30, but is usually sitting around 38-40. Still extremely fast and efficient, not to mention colorful! Battery seems to have gotten quite a boost as well with this hybrid........

BIG THANKS TO epphllps for linking the loader files for us.........copy and paste these loaders to your OS .113 and you're there!!!!

https://umdrive.memphis.edu/epphllps/Blackberry/

GOOD LUCK AND PLEASE POST FEEDBACK SO WE CAN LEARN/MAKE CHANGES!!!!!!

*I am not responsible if you brick your 'berry. Install at your own risk!*
    Last edited by marcuswyse; 03-27-09 at 12:13 AM.
    03-14-09 05:02 PM
    I wish I had your guts to go with the .90 Radio code.

It was so fast, but the problems that arose were so bad.
    03-14-09 05:12 PM
    I wish I had your guts to go with the .90 Radio code.

It was so fast, but the problems that arose were so bad.
    Might try it again......maybe different components will yield different results for your device????? One can only hope, although I had 3 VSOD's and that it since I initially downloaded the .90 leak months ago. All 3 of my devices LOVED .90.
    Give it a whirl, mark. What's the worst that can happen, you lose a couple hours?

The color and the large fonts on the keyboard are amazing as well!
    Last edited by marcuswyse; 03-14-09 at 05:55 PM.
    03-14-09 05:14 PM
    Might try it again......maybe different components will yield different results for your device????? One can only hope, although I had 3 VSOD's and that it since I initially downloaded the .90 leak. All 3 of my devices LOVED .90.
    Give it a whirl, mark. What's the worst that can happen, you lose a couple hours?

The color and the large fonts on the keyboard are amazing as well!
    Yeah I remember that first time it booted up and how quickly the phone worked without the transitions.

Until that VSOD hit you and you had no clue.
    03-14-09 05:20 PM
    Anyway you could put it on a link?
    i just dont know how to do the .86 MMS part.

Thanks in advance
    03-14-09 05:24 PM
    Anyway you could put it on a link?
    i just dont know how to do the .86 MMS part.

Thanks in advance
    Don't have a link for the "hybrid," but here is the zip file for the MMS.cod.
    Unzip the file, drag and drop it into the Java files for .113. It will ask if you want to rewrite, and you say yes. That's the easy part

http://ide.synthasite.com/sites/Ddfc...rim_bb_mms.zip
    Last edited by marcuswyse; 03-14-09 at 05:56 PM.
    03-14-09 05:45 PM
    Yeah I remember that first time it booted up and how quickly the phone worked without the transitions.

Until that VSOD hit you and you had no clue.
    Yeah, the VSOD's hit me 3 times the first time I used OS .90 when it was first leaked a couple months ago. Haven't see one since.
    Give it a whirl........maybe the combination of those other parts will help......
    Who knows? Can't hurt to try
    THE COLOR IS WORTH IT ALONE
    Last edited by marcuswyse; 03-14-09 at 05:56 PM.
    03-14-09 05:47 PM
    You will need OS .109, the CDMA file from .90, and Java files from .113, and the mms.cod from .86.......Sounds intimidating, but it isn't too bad
    Feel free to PM me with questions.......I don't pretend to know much, but I will do whatever I can
    03-14-09 05:57 PM
    THE COLOR IS WORTH IT ALONE
    Color will never make up for the time my wife had been trying to urgently call me for 4 hours straight and I find my phone in the holster with the VSOD after a random reboot had occured.
    03-14-09 06:03 PM
    4 hours went by without you checking your phone? I check mine at a maximum of every 10 minutes haha. Especially running a beta OS.. Gotta keep your eye on it.
    03-14-09 06:07 PM
    Color will never make up for the time my wife had been trying to urgently call me for 4 hours straight and I find my phone in the holster with the VSOD after a random reboot had occured.
    Like I said, I never had any issues on 3 devices with .90. I have used .90 since it was leaked. I would give it a try just because of the color and speed regardless. It may work differently with other components.....who knows? I have had great luck with it so far (although it is early).
    03-14-09 06:13 PM
    Time for a new holster
    03-14-09 06:14 PM
    omg, just thinking of all these files and copying and pasting is giving me a headache
    03-14-09 06:20 PM
    Hmm. Im so satisfyed with .114 that I never used another beta besides .109. Very happy with .114 with .100 MMS file and .109 Keybaord. The thing is FAST and SMOOTH! Color looks really good on it to. And the camera is WAY inproved over .75
    03-14-09 06:25 PM
    OK, so I have only been running it for about 7-8 hours, but if it continues to work this way, I will be EXTREMELY HAPPY! Now, I know .90 was **** for some of you, but I have run .90 on 3 different devices with no ill effects. I am running OS .109, with the java files from .113, the radio from .90, and finally the mms.cod from .86.
    Your device may react differently then mine, but give it a try. I know a LOT of you have had s**t results with .90, but with this mix, you might get different results.
    I have extremely quick transitions, no lag, FULL COLOR, and great phone quality.
    I also know that 10 people could try this and get 10 different results.
    BTW, I ran both hybrids out there ON MY DEVICE and this is BY FAR better and quicker than those. As for memory leaks, I fluctuate between 5-11 MB down from reset. I'm OK with that
    Try it and let me know what you think.
    You have all been so helpful to me. I hope this helps one or two of you out!
    w/o the new copy/paste feature iono....tho i don't make mistakes anyways and i can correct them easy the way i do it.

just one question that is holding me back is.....Have you gotten the VSOD with your hybrid?
    does it have video BT btw? je
    03-14-09 06:26 PM
    i put the .86 MMS.cod file in my hybrid, but it did not fix the problem with forwarding MMS images for me. I still get the grey box. ???
    03-14-09 06:31 PM
    Can you save your version already made sowe can just load and install this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 06:36 PM
    Hmm. Im so satisfyed with .114 that I never used another beta besides .109. Very happy with .114 with .100 MMS file and .109 Keybaord. The thing is FAST and SMOOTH! Color looks really good on it to. And the camera is WAY inproved over .75
    I have heard the hybrid you are running is very good too, but I LOVE the full color, and speed. If your device doesn't have issues with .90, give it a try! That seems to be the big deterrance for other guinea pigs, errrr, I mean, beta hybrid testers
    03-14-09 06:43 PM
    i actually had more issues with .90 than any other.... i am sticking with .109 because of the way .114 treated me
    03-14-09 06:43 PM
    w/o the new copy/paste feature iono....tho i don't make mistakes anyways and i can correct them easy the way i do it.

just one question that is holding me back is.....Have you gotten the VSOD with your hybrid?
    does it have video BT btw? je
    I have the copy/paste feature from .113. java. Also, no VSOD since 9 AM Pacific......sitting at 39 MB app memory as well. Too soon to tell, but....
    Also, not sure about BT with video, don't use them.
    Last edited by marcuswyse; 03-14-09 at 06:48 PM.
    03-14-09 06:44 PM
    i actually had more issues with .90 than any other.... i am sticking with .109 because of the way .114 treated me
    I am wondering if it will react differently with the other components......I don't know but it is as fast, stable, and smooth as any OS I have tested......so far. My transitions and accelerometer are smokin fast. I hope it continues
    03-14-09 06:48 PM
    Can you save your version already made sowe can just load and install this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I've got a .zip file for it, but don't know how to get it into my first post. Can someone help me with it?
    Thanks
    03-14-09 06:58 PM
    i put the .86 MMS.cod file in my hybrid, but it did not fix the problem with forwarding MMS images for me. I still get the grey box. ???
    Try the .100 mms.cod. Post #2 Here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/mm...7/#post1826899
    03-14-09 07:46 PM
    Sounds like there are a few people that don't find the .86 MMS.cod working for them.
    .100 seems to do the trick as well!

Thanks shanepark!
    03-14-09 08:27 PM
    Good find, but I have absolutely no problems with .109 and my mms works flawlessly. Glad its working out for ya though.
    03-14-09 08:34 PM
1,258 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD