I have an unlocked Bold on T-Mobile, and when I click on the visual voice mail it say "Provisioning is unsuccessful". What could I do, if anything, to get it to work?
    03-14-09 01:47 PM
    its got to be provided by the carrier

since the bold was designed to work with AT&T here in the states - its a feature that AT&T users will soon get

it is the same as iphone users on AT&T's network

i doubt you will get it anytime soon on t-mobile
    03-14-09 02:00 PM
    its got to be provided by the carrier

since the bold was designed to work with AT&T here in the states - its a feature that AT&T users will soon get

it is the same as iphone users on AT&T's network

i doubt you will get it anytime soon on t-mobile
    ohhhh ok so i should just pretty much get rid of it? otherwise it would just be a waste of space right?
    03-14-09 02:01 PM
    Mine says the same on ATT

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 02:07 PM
    Mine too

03-14-09 02:12 PM
    you guys with AT&T that says the samething like for me, have you guys called AT&T? cuz it says to contact the service provider. i didn't call T-Mobile yet cuz i didn't even know if they supported that and i didn't want to waste my time
    03-14-09 02:20 PM
    call your provider. VZW had to unlock it even after we had paid for it... these rat ********.
    03-14-09 02:22 PM
    I haven't tried to call yet, it's not a huge priority of mine ATM
    03-14-09 04:58 PM
    ohhhh ok so i should just pretty much get rid of it? otherwise it would just be a waste of space right?
    Indeed. A big waste of space.
    03-14-09 05:00 PM
    I have .247 with VVM icon. It has to be 'turned on' by AT&T which they say they'll do in the near-future... As for removing it, I tried with the DM and it was not selectable to unistall but was listed...�
    03-14-09 07:00 PM
    I have .247 with VVM icon. It has to be 'turned on' by AT&T which they say they'll do in the near-future... As for removing it, I tried with the DM and it was not selectable to unistall but was listed...�
    I thought I remembered seeing that somewhere. Thanks for the info.
    03-14-09 07:03 PM
    You can definitely choose to remove it by modifying the VVM file a little bit.

Go to:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.247_P4.0.0.206

Look for net_rim_bb_vvm.alx. Use notepad to open it. Then look for the line <required series="9000">true</required>

Change that to false. Then you should be able to uncheck Visual Voicemail.
    03-14-09 07:47 PM

Go to:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.247_P4.0.0.206

Look for net_rim_bb_vvm.alx. Use notepad to open it. Then look for the line <required series="9000">true</required>

This definitely works. Once you edit and save the vvm file, open DM and click on Application Loader. From there, uncheck Visual Voicemail and proceed to update. That will get rid of the icon and allow you to receive the normal voicemail icon when you receive one.
    03-14-09 08:25 PM
    wondering whats the time frame on visual voicemail?????
    Last edited by Fmrnyer32; 03-15-09 at 01:37 AM.
    03-15-09 01:31 AM
    wondering whats the time frame on visual voicemail?????
    I've heard this month, sometime in May, and "soon." Which means that no one writing posts I've read has an exact time frame.
    03-15-09 08:25 AM
    it was suppose to come out this month but it might be pushed back...

i dont think telling att will do you any good because they willl probably tell you the same old sob story.
    03-15-09 08:51 AM
    Can someone tell me what exactly VVM is? I know what the initials stand for

03-15-09 04:46 PM
    Can someone tell me what exactly VVM is? I know what the initials stand for

Here you go!!
    03-15-09 05:56 PM
    I installed .247 onto my Bold without changing this and didn't have any issues with the Voicemail indicator not showing up? on AT&T as well......
    03-15-09 07:23 PM
    Try this link.

Bryan
    03-15-09 11:44 PM

Go to:

I have gone to that location but there is no Shared folder under Research In Motion. I have it set to show hidden folders and I don't see Shared\Loader Files anywhere. I recently installed .247 and wanted to get rid of the vvm icon. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    03-19-09 10:19 PM

Go to:

I did this, but the VVM icon is still up at the top. Any info on that?
    06-11-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD