My phone literally goes dead when I try to use the phone! Its become more and more frequent with my BB - if I get a phone call, or I try to make a call that voice dial screen pops up and wont go away! I can be writing a text message if this glitch is acting up the screen even pops up into the text message and I cant do anything but save my text and return to it later after I reset the phone by taking out the battery.

I will go to make a call or answer a call and the screen will pop up and not go away - the call will still go through but I wont able to hear anything! I will literally call people and they will answer and hear dead air on my end - they will then go to call me back and it will go right to voicemail - I cant even hear the phone echo in the ear piece when my phones does this while the phone call is supposed to be ringing

All that fixes this problem is shutting it off, taking out the battery and putting it back in. Its very infuriating and I feel very unsafe since I have to go through this whole procedure and 9 times out of 10 I use my freaking phone!

I took it to Verizon and they told me to download the new software, but there isnt any new software that I dont have that I'm aware of. Is there anything I can do or does Verizon just have to give me a new phone since this software keeps glitching like that? Should I just re-download the regular software and hope it patches itself? IDK what to do, I just know I want to use my phone!

Please help!! Thanks in advance!!!
    03-13-09 03:39 PM
    try the above sticky 4.5.0.131

its a sprint OS but will work on your 8330, just delete the vendor .xml as per the instructions.
    03-13-09 03:41 PM
    My phone literally goes dead when I try to use the phone! Its become more and more frequent with my BB - if I get a phone call, or I try to make a call that voice dial screen pops up and wont go away! I can be writing a text message if this glitch is acting up the screen even pops up into the text message and I cant do anything but save my text and return to it later after I reset the phone by taking out the battery.

I will go to make a call or answer a call and the screen will pop up and not go away - the call will still go through but I wont able to hear anything! I will literally call people and they will answer and hear dead air on my end - they will then go to call me back and it will go right to voicemail - I cant even hear the phone echo in the ear piece when my phones does this while the phone call is supposed to be ringing

All that fixes this problem is shutting it off, taking out the battery and putting it back in. Its very infuriating and I feel very unsafe since I have to go through this whole procedure and 9 times out of 10 I use my freaking phone!

I took it to Verizon and they told me to download the new software, but there isnt any new software that I dont have that I'm aware of. Is there anything I can do or does Verizon just have to give me a new phone since this software keeps glitching like that? Should I just re-download the regular software and hope it patches itself? IDK what to do, I just know I want to use my phone!

Please help!! Thanks in advance!!!
    Do you have the BlackBerry desktop manager installed on your PC? If so, connect your BB via USB cable. Then open up the BB Desktop Manager, and delete and restore your service books. This may help.
    03-13-09 03:50 PM
    You can delete and resend your service books right from the device.
    03-13-09 03:54 PM
    You can delete and resend your service books right from the device.
    True; I had a similar problem, and did the delete/restore from my device, and the problem still existed. By connecting to the DM mgr., the problem was fixed. However, there may be a step I'm excluding; trying to find the email.....
    03-13-09 03:58 PM
    Hrm I downloaded the new Sprint OS as suggested and and it didnt do anything

Any other recs? TIA!
    03-23-09 01:00 AM
    Where did you dl it to???.... You need to dl it to your pc and then intsall it, from there delete the vendor xml file and then use dm app loader to install it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 02:01 AM
    I cant even hear the phone echo in the ear piece when my phones does this while the phone call is supposed to be ringing
    Have you disabled the bluetooth, assuming that "ear piece" means bluetooth?
    03-23-09 11:00 AM
    03-23-09 11:00 AM
    I did all that
    03-23-09 11:46 AM
    03-23-09 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD