I just bought a blackberry curve 8900 and it worked perfectly for 3 days. When the phone turned on again i got this message:

This handheld device includes software that is proprietary and confidential to research in motion limited ("RIM") and/or its affiliates and suppliers. Except to the extent that RIM is expressly precluded by law from prohibiting you from doing so, You are not permitted to reverse engineer... etc

and an "OK" button at the bottom of the agreement.

This comes up right when i turn on the phone; and i cant push the "OK"
    button, I've been trying for hours.

I do have a screen shot of this but i don't have enough posts to link it

I have tried:
    -Taking out the battery for 30 seconds and putting back in.
    -Completely wiping out the OS using JL_Cmder and then reinstalling it, it just gave me the same message.
    - Pushing the trackball 200 or 300 times

Please give me a solution!
    03-13-09 01:41 PM
    Did you try disassembling the trackball and cleaning? There might be some dirt stuck in there.
    03-13-09 01:57 PM
    Is it safe to do this? are you sure it won't damage the phone ?
    03-13-09 01:58 PM
    I just bought a blackberry curve 8900 and it worked perfectly for 3 days. When the phone turned on again i got this message:

This handheld device includes software that is proprietary and confidential to research in motion limited ("RIM") and/or its affiliates and suppliers. Except to the extent that RIM is expressly precluded by law from prohibiting you from doing so, You are not permitted to reverse engineer... etc

and an "OK" button at the bottom of the agreement.

This comes up right when i turn on the phone; and i cant push the "OK"
    button, I've been trying for hours.

I do have a screen shot of this but i don't have enough posts to link it

I have tried:
    -Taking out the battery for 30 seconds and putting back in.
    -Completely wiping out the OS using JL_Cmder and then reinstalling it, it just gave me the same message.
    - Pushing the trackball 200 or 300 times

Please give me a solution!
    Call your service provider for the fastest help. Coz your account has been suspended by RIM
    03-13-09 02:01 PM
    Call your service provider for the fastest help. Coz your account has been suspended by RIM
    I don't think thats what it means, because it's just saying i have to accept the agreement to use the device.

The problem is, i cant!
    03-13-09 02:05 PM
    img15.imageshack.us/img15/3651/failxx.png
    03-13-09 02:20 PM
    anyone got any ideas?

here's another pic of what i see: img5.imageshack.us/img5/8269/failberry.png

another thing ive noticed is if i leave the phone and let the backlight dim, there is no button i can push that will bring the light back on. The only way to bring it back is to put it inside the leather case for the blackberry so it completely covers the screen, and then pull it out.
    03-13-09 02:48 PM
    Did you contact your provider like aswanideep suggested? That seems to be the easiest thing to do so you can verify your account is correct and your phone is setup correctly on it. Is there any reason you have not contacted them yet?
    03-13-09 02:56 PM
    Hello! My friend has the same problem with her device, first it was not working at all, and while connecting the usb, the blackberry screen keeps showing the clock sign.
    After the update it shows the same screen zlarke got, can't press the ok botton, not with the trackball neither with the keypad!
    01-03-11 03:27 PM
    I had this happen to me awhile back. It seems that a application that I had installed was "on top" of the agreement. Try this method to try to get to the home screen and accept the agreement:

KB17877-How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode
    01-05-11 02:41 PM
    I am going through the same problem, I put it in safe mode but the same thing occurred, I couldn't get through the TOS page.
    I know that all my buttons work because while the phone is booting up, i press alt and another key and it is obvious the keys are working.

Sometimes, when the TOS is showing, the keypad is active and I can fuss around in the backround. Yet, I wont be able to accept the TOS to move on to use my bb.
    & Randomly, all the buttons will stop working (even the ALT key). I will notice this because when the backlight goes off, only the volume up&down buttons allow the backlight to turn back on..

Conclusion for me: Putting it in safemode didnt change anything.

(Using JL_Cmder, I've done a factory reset, wiped it, reinstalled a fresh updated os, but still have the same problem)
    03-23-11 01:45 PM
    Hi,

I know this thread is a bit old but since I'm having the exact same problem it's worth to ask: Has anyone find a fix for this issue yet?

Thanks.
    06-04-11 03:28 PM
    I had this happen to me awhile back. It seems that a application that I had installed was "on top" of the agreement. Try this method to try to get to the home screen and accept the agreement:

KB17877-How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode
    Reading is fundamental.
    06-06-11 10:48 AM
    Hi again,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I also tried to start in Safe Mode, but with no luck. I was never able to even activate the safe mode, so either I'm doing something wrong or the keyboard and trackball stopped working coincidentally with this OS upgrade (which I think is unlikely, but there's a way to check that?)

Regards
    06-06-11 02:44 PM
    I'm in the EXACT same situation, I've tried LITERALLY everything!! I hope there's a solution for it, I've been BlackBerryless for about 2 weeks now!!

The only thing different about me and you guys is that my trackpad doesn't even work, I tried getting it fixed, but apparently it's a problem with the motherboard, not just the IC. So yeah, I've been using SOTI Pocket Controller from my PC.

But once I officially updated my phone from the Desktop Manager, I got the "Proprietary" message!!

THERE HAS GOT TO BE A SOLUTION!!!
    06-13-11 10:04 PM
    LOL did any of you try pressing the ENTER key?
    I just downgraded to OS 5 and I just pressed the ENTER key and it works.

I downgraded because in OS 6 I had to scroll down to the 'OK' button, and my trackpad still doesn't work
    06-14-11 03:00 PM
    Hi again,

Just for your information, my phone started to work just by itself. It was quite weird, after more than two weeks struggling with this issue, apparently it was a problem with the trackball and the keyboard. I assume it was related to humidity, so I can only recommend some of the procedures posted elsewhere regarding how to "dry" your phone on these cases. I don't know if this was a coincidence that this just happened after the OS updated, or if this is a common issue.
    06-21-11 01:17 PM
    Hold down shift key (or Caps key) then scroll. Hey Presto!! Was up for 8 or 9 hours reinstalling & downgrading before I tried all keys & uncovered this solution.

Hope it helps...
    12-13-11 02:55 AM
    Unfortunately I've tried almost all of your suggestions to get out of the TOS menu and to just accept the damn agreement. I had the black screen of death at first (the screen only showed at the point of charging, which it was frozen anyway, so that was useful ) and then I changed the battery out, which gave me the white screen of death. After reinstalling OS 5 (on a OS 10.5.8 Mac) using Desktop Manager, it wiped the hard drive so there should be a clean slate in terms of software. My blackberry wouldn't go into safe mode whatsoever, the trackpad is clean as well as the keyboard, the shift scroll didn't make any difference and none of the keys have any effect to bring the backlight back on once it goes out. If anyone has found a solid solution, please comment back. As for my service provider, they don't know squat & I'd rather not buy a new phone if I can save this one. Thanks for reading & any future suggestions would be much appreciated
    08-09-12 08:05 PM
    my bb have same problem like you.you have a solution?
    03-11-13 12:24 PM
    I just had this problem on a 9900, and the thing that worked for me was locking the screen and then unlocking it, then it just worked.
    03-23-13 08:22 PM
    Hi,

I have struggled for many hours with the same message. The solution for me was to downgrade to OS 5.0. My Trackpad is not working again but I assume now that this is hardware problem not software.

Downgrading worked for me!
    08-13-13 12:27 AM
    Hold down shift key (or Caps key) then scroll. Hey Presto!! Was up for 8 or 9 hours reinstalling & downgrading before I tried all keys & uncovered this solution.

Hope it helps...

worked for me
    01-01-14 03:31 PM
    Thank you, you have already succeeded "#21"
    Last edited by Lover the; 03-06-14 at 11:56 AM.
    03-06-14 11:33 AM
    this was driving me crazy tried everything.... then i just hit the lock screen button and unlocked it and boom it worked !!!! myyyy gooddddd that was annoying
    04-10-14 07:36 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD