Hey by chance does anyone know if those cell boost stickers that you put on your batteries really work?
    03-13-09 01:30 PM
    I got one free on a Nokia flip a few years ago, no idea if it worked, but it didn't hurt, and for me, it was free. I've never pay for a thing like that!
    03-13-09 01:32 PM
    There may be a minimal placebo effect.
    03-13-09 01:32 PM
    In theory I guess they may work but the issue with cell phones is the power behind your radio and the objects in the way. I work in a big metal building which causes tons of problems with cell phones. We have a tower a mile away line of sight out our door and when I step outside I get full bars. Inside its a lot more sketchy. Adding one of those stickers won't really do you justice since its not a true extension of your antenna and doesn't boost your power.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 01:35 PM
    those stickers add as much reception to your phone as racing stripes add power to your car, lol
    1 stripe= 40 hp
    2 strpies add 80 hp.

lmao
    03-13-09 01:38 PM
    They are proof of the P.T. Barnum adage, There's a sucker born every minute.

Caveat Emptor!

03-13-09 01:53 PM
    They do work. Those folks selling them are doing quite well!

03-13-09 01:55 PM
    They do not work, don't waste your money.
    03-13-09 01:56 PM
    They do work. Those folks selling them are doing quite well!

so arent the people that are selling the sunngie and all they have is a robe on backwards.
    next thing they will think of is a sprint snuggie. it will probably be a johhny from the hospital, lol
    03-13-09 02:09 PM
    those stickers add as much reception to your phone as racing stripes add power to your car, lol
    1 stripe= 40 hp
    2 strpies add 80 hp.

lmao
    LOL excellent analogy
    03-13-09 02:11 PM
    haha love the racing sticker analogy. Thanks guys
    03-13-09 02:24 PM
    I believe they work. A girl I worked with bought and I watched her put it on. It gave her an extra bar. She also had an old flip phone not a berry.

03-13-09 05:17 PM
    There is no scientific reason that they would work. Behind the battery usually isn't even where the antenna is! Depending on the if the metal (and the type of metal) were real in the sticker it might actually make it worse.
    03-13-09 05:33 PM
    It depends. Does the sticker have a fractal pattern on it?

03-13-09 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD