I just read a seven page thread, and I read some post's that leaves me wondering how the Crackberry population feels about Storm users. In the thread there were comments, I will paste the comments in without names as this is not meant to be a personal attack:

"What went down the other night was nothing more than childish and immature. The moderators that banned users did so for a reason. Hopefully these bans will help to bring the level of maturity and respect expressed on these forums back to where it was before the Storm."

"LOL at people taking forum drama as serious business. The Storm sure succeeded at one thing... It brought morons like the OP into the BB world."

I have read other comment's in the past about the (not so smart) Storm users. I for one am truly sorry that I haven't been using a BB for an extended time, having purchased my first BB on Nov 21st. I realize that I am not as knowledgeable about the BB as some but here is my question.

Is this the general opinion of the Crackberry forums concerning the Storm users? I thought that by helping RIM with sales we (Storm users) were helping all BB users by keeping the service available and keeping RIM in business.
    Or am I mistaken and the general opinion is that we are a Beta Joke.

I personally hope that this is not the case. Please let me know the truth as I am a member at other forums and I have never seen this kind of attacks there against the Storm owners. I really like this forum but if I am considered a Beta Joke than I will forgo this site and stay at the non-judgmental one.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    03-12-09 08:23 PM
    i have nothing against storm owners or users. In fact i work with a few people that use storms on a daily basis. I do not group them in with morons nor do i think less of them. They are blackberry users and i really want a storm so i may be prejudice i guess.
    03-12-09 08:28 PM
    I love Storm users. Most of them are quite nice and mature. There are always those few bad apples in life and CB as well. I tend to steer clear of those types.
    03-12-09 08:30 PM
    Personally I would never buy the Storm, but it's definitely not a 'joke'. I have used one, and it seems very usable. I mean it's great for those who want something with touch features! I know plenty of people of ranging 'abilities' on this site, and I can guarantee you it's not just a storm thing. I mean this is an open site, there will be people who are thick as wood, and others who are geniuses. That's just how it is.
    03-12-09 08:30 PM
    I think it is just a case of everybody thinks they have the best phone. Its all in what you like. To each his own

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 08:31 PM
    I don't quite understand the anomosity against the Storm either. I played around with one and I liked it a lot. The touch screen was really sweet and of course it is a blackberry so does everythin a blackberry is known for. Obviously it is very popular as sales numbers have been excellent and although I prefer my Bold, if I were with verizon I wouldn't mind sporting a Storm. I think it was a great first touchscreen phone for RIMM. I think the next generation of it will be even better.

03-12-09 08:34 PM
    I am glad to see that the responses that I have gotten so far. I know that I am not the most edumakated when it comes to Blackberries, but I am learning. I work in a chemical plant doing electrical and instrumentation and I figure if I can learn all different forms of computer controls then I should be able to learn how to use a Blackberry. Thanks for the positive responses, and this is not meant to be an attack against all BB users.
    Thanks again,
    Dave
    03-12-09 08:39 PM
    I am glad to see that the responses that I have gotten so far. I know that I am not the most edumakated when it comes to Blackberries, but I am learning. I work in a chemical plant doing electrical and instrumentation and I figure if I can learn all different forms of computer controls then I should be able to learn how to use a Blackberry. Thanks for the positive responses, and this is not meant to be an attack against all BB users.
    Thanks again,
    Dave
    No worries Dave.
    03-12-09 09:04 PM
    i don't personally have anything against blackberry storms or storm users, but i think you have to understand that as with any other forum or community, there will always be people who are not afraid to voice their opinions and sometimes can say hurtful things.
    03-12-09 09:12 PM
    i don't personally have anything against blackberry storms or storm users, but i think you have to understand that as with any other forum or community, there will always be people who are not afraid to voice their opinions and sometimes can say hurtful things.
    The part that had me worried was that if you are in the 9530 sub forums you will not run into the remarks that I noticed in the general forums. It seemed that there was more of a chance being slammed in the general forums and I just wasn't sure if this was the general opinion.
    Thanks,
    Dave
    03-12-09 09:20 PM
    If you carry a BB, your alright with me! I think where most of the hatred comes from are a select few people who aren't patient enough to help others thru problems they may be having. Since RIM released the Storm with the intention of getting some of the market that the iPhone has had a firm hold on, a majority of the Storm buyers have never had a phone capable of what this device can do, and probably (and rightfully) find it overwhelming! I am always willing to take the time to help anyone thru a problem no matter how long it takes. Enjoy your Storms, I'm here to help if I can! You get nothing but love from me!

03-12-09 09:22 PM
    I don't think a person can be labelled a moron / joke etc... by the type of BB they use . And I think anyone who attempts to do so best take a good look in the mirror and see if they can figure out a way to pull their head out of their *** .

I sure most people at CB can attest to the fact that there are people at CB using every type of blackberry that fall into the moron category...and it has nothing to do with their BB .

You need to take alot of things you read here with a grain of salt , Dave . And just like we can't label all storm users morons ...don't label all CB members as anti storm just because a select few have issues that extend beyond these walls .

With that said..welcome to CB and please give it the chance it deserves. You won't regret doing so
    03-12-09 10:21 PM
    Like elvin said, "If you carry a BB your alright by me" is exactly my thinking. I have nothing against storm users in any way, i have many friends that have storms. Every person i speak to on here who has a storm is also very friendly and mature. Anyone saying storm owners are jokes is just immature. Everyone has their own opinion on what device they like best. I have used the storm many times and i think its a great device. I could never own one simply because i need a solid QWERTY but i in no way knock anyone for choosing a storm.
    03-12-09 10:29 PM
    No. I don't think 99% of us here think bad about any Storm user just because that is the device they use.

I can see both sides to this issue. On one hand people tend to get pretty pi**ed off when the feel like they have been ripped off. I think anyone who has ever worked for a paycheck would feel this way.

Some Storm owners gave up a very dependable device, their long term cell carrier, lots of money, etc. to have this phone that was touted to be "The IPhone Killer", "The Best Blackberry Yet". A lot of them did not receive what was advertised, instead they paid for something that probably should not have been rushed to the market to boost sales.

CB did pick up a lot of new people that were genuinely pi**ed. Instead of ignoring some of their posts, some people complained, some trolled, some baited, others had to have something to b!tch about. If they didn't b!tch about the "Whiney Storm Owners" they would have enevitably found something else.

People are lying if they can say that their Storm ran like sh!t and they weren't pi**ed. It is easy for some to tell Storm owners to shut up, why are you angry, just get rid of it, etc. When they are not in the same boat. Empathy is never a bad thing.

Being an a**hole and a Storm owner do not go hand in hand. Stick around. Most of don't have a lot of issues. LOL! And since I don't have a pc I don't really know what device anyone has unless they post it. I kind of like it that way.

03-12-09 10:46 PM
    Most of don't have a lot of issues. LOL! And since I don't have a pc I don't really know what device anyone has unless they post it. I kind of like it that way.

Did you know that YOU have a storm? I thought I'd let you know since you can't see..... jk
    03-13-09 01:26 AM
    Did you know that YOU have a storm? I thought I'd let you know since you can't see..... jk
    Yay! I was really wanting to upgrade. You wouldn't believe how seamless it was. Almost like it didn't occur at all!
    LOL!

03-13-09 05:21 AM
    I just woke up and logged on and I truly appreciate the support and goodwill that I am seeing here. I know about the problems that the Storm has, most have been taken care of with the leaked software. Mine was pretty good from the start, clicks great, no dust under the screen, in general I am happy with it's preformance. I sometimes wonder about the virtual keyboard, coming from a phone with a hard full qwerty keyboard, but I still have the first Storm sold in my town. Being that this was my Christmas present it leads you to be reeeaaalll patient with learning it before giving up. I can understand people complaining if it was not what they thought they were getting, but what I was concerned about was the negative remarks being made by Non-Storm users. I can see that this is the minority and I can disregard the comments as being small and petty.

With much thanks,
    Dave
    03-13-09 06:15 AM
    Came in at break and read the forums and what do I see but another Storm slam- lol. It wouldn't be so bad but this was from a Mod - lol:

"Many, many Blackberrys in use whilst traveling
    I just travelled from Geneva, Switzerland to Charlotte, NC via Newark and back again in the space of 15 days.
    Obviously I kept my eyes peeled for BlackBerry users whilst in transit. I saw many people using their phones in and around the various airports but by far and away the most used phones was, of course, the BlackBerry n all its forms. There were BlackBerrys of all types and people were talking and typing and browsing with their phones.
    What was surprising was the lack of iPhones. Yes, I saw some but their users ware mainly using them to listen to music on them.
    As to the ages of the users, there were all ages and sexes (well both sexes, actually) Mainlly the BlackBerry users were busines types but there were several kids using them too.Surprisingly there were very few Storm users. I guess that they were all at home upgrading their OSs and complaing about their phones on Crackberry."

I won't name names as I have said this is not a personal attack but there are times that I feel like the b*stard red headed stepson - lol.

Its bad enough when its from Joe Shmo but it really seems bad when its a mod and they are supposed to keep the peace -lol.
    03-13-09 09:12 AM
    I'd don't see why people make fun of the Storm. It is a BlackBerry so what diff does the model make to someone??

03-13-09 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD