does anyone know of solution when your friends used up all your attempts to unlock your storm before the system erases the memory? i had one attempt on the storm and for some reason my pass word did not work now im about to loose EVERYTHING that i have on my phone.. besides that i havnt been able to use my phone since this morning. Grrr.. i think im gonna kill him for doing this!!
    03-12-09 06:21 PM
    does anyone know of solution when your friends used up all your attempts to unlock your storm before the system erases the memory? i had one attempt on the storm and for some reason my pass word did not work now im about to loose EVERYTHING that i have on my phone.. besides that i havnt been able to use my phone since this morning. Grrr.. i think im gonna kill him for doing this!!
    Not that I know of! Hoped you backed it all up. Maybe you can have your "friend" re input all your info for you
    03-12-09 06:23 PM
    If you have a IT policy pushed down just ask your BES admin reset it. If u r not good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 06:25 PM
    Does the phone have to be unlocked to connect to the DeskTop Manager? If it doesn't then, back it up and let it delete, then reload. If it has to be unlocked in order to connect... well, I hope he is a real good friend...
    03-12-09 06:31 PM
    Thanks for the postings. those are all great suggestions the only problem is that i didnt back the phone up and my place of work does not support blackberry and yes it does have to be unlocked to conect to the desktop manager... the data entry by my co-worker sounds like the only solution.. F*@k!
    03-12-09 08:08 PM
    Unlocking has nothing to do with connecting to DM and nothing to do with phone working with VZW. Once the 10 tries are used the sim is locked permanently. You will not be able to get unlocked.
    All other functions of phone will work.
    03-12-09 10:49 PM
    does pulling the battery reset the password count? giving you 10 more tries to get it right (or guess the password on the phone youre trying to hack into)??

hey, either scenario is plausible.
    03-12-09 11:18 PM
    No, once you use the 10 tries to unlock phone the sim is permanently locked. Not even a puk code will unlock it.
    03-12-09 11:22 PM
    No, once you use the 10 tries to unlock phone the sim is permanently locked. Not even a puk code will unlock it.
    I think he is talking about his password, not the unlock code to make the phone work on other carriers.

After 10 everything will delete, hope you have it backed up!!
    03-12-09 11:27 PM
    Unlocking has nothing to do with connecting to DM and nothing to do with phone working with VZW. Once the 10 tries are used the sim is locked permanently. You will not be able to get unlocked.
    All other functions of phone will work.
    Are you sure only the SIM gets locked, that's not what Help says. Plus, the SIM isn't used here in the U.S. right.

I bet all data will be deleted, at least I hope otherwise I'm running a password for no reason.

~X
    03-12-09 11:28 PM
    Once the phone is unlocked it will work with any sim card US or overseas. That how people on ATT and t mobile can use a Storm.

Trust me I had a phone early on that I used all the tries and VZW cannot unlock it. The phone does work, unlocking does nothing to the cdma side of phone
    Unlocking phone and password are two different things
    03-12-09 11:33 PM
    the worst/only thing that will happen is everything will get deleted and you will just have to reload all your info.

the sim has nothing to do with him forgetting the password.
    03-12-09 11:34 PM
    Once the phone is unlocked it will work with any sim card US or overseas. That how people on ATT and t mobile can use a Storm.

Trust me I had a phone early on that I used all the tries and VZW cannot unlock it. The phone does work, unlocking does nothing to the cdma side of phone
    Unlocking phone and password are two different things
    Understood but I think he's referring to unlocking access to the phone via password use judging by the attempt limit.

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 07:21 AM
    Whoa, that really sucks.
    03-14-09 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD