Hey guys, I'm working on a new Twitter client, specifically optimized and designed for the Storm's touch screen. I'm tentatively calling it TweetTweet, but who knows if that will last. Here's a preview of what you can expect:

Let me know if you like it, and what features you'd like to see included!

Thanks!

-Andrew Peron
    03-12-09 05:35 PM
    Looks good to me! The only thing I don't like about TwitterBerry is that you have to go through the menu to change views, but you've already got that covered. Also, uploading of pics would be good.
    03-12-09 05:37 PM
    Looks really nicely done, the one thing that drives me mad about twitterberry is whenever i upgrade the OS it refuses to work for days afterwards then just randomly works again after several reinstalls. Any idea of an eta for tweettweet ?
    03-12-09 06:01 PM
    looks good cant wait
    03-12-09 06:10 PM
    Wow, the app looks AMAZING. I love twitter and twitterberry has always worked good on my Storm but this app looks like it should have come PRE-INSTALLED ON THE STORM!!!!! The timeline screen is a LOT better than twitterberry. It looks VERY clean and the bottom dock looks like it definitely belongs on the Storm. Very good job. When are you looking at releasing it by? Whenever it is, it's not soon enough....
    03-12-09 06:14 PM
    I want this. NOW.
    03-12-09 06:14 PM
    thats ishhh looks dope .
    i want it .
    03-12-09 06:21 PM
    Looks really nice! Does it have a retweet shortcut? How about a follow/leave shortcut? Those are two things I reach for in TwitteryBerry.

Also, can you add notifications for tweets that shows up in the small icons at the top of the home screen like e-mail, Google Talk, BBM, InstanGo, etc? I'm sure there's a special name for it, but I'm not sure what that's called.

One last thing, sign me up for beta testing.

Edit: Oh wait, this just just a mock up?
    Last edited by Yesterdays Shoveler; 03-12-09 at 06:29 PM.
    03-12-09 06:24 PM
    Looks great so far to me!
    Some thoughts: (I'm not demanding any of these, just trying to be helpful)
    - Add an @replies button or option
    - Remove or de-emphasize the DM button. I don't think direct message needs it's own button, maybe just have it in the options menu
    - Make sure links are clickable, like SMS links are
    - Maybe add a retweet option when you press the menu button?
    Above all, I think that you should really just go for a simple & fast app.

Here's an excerpt from a great article about TwitterFon, pretty much the best Twitter client for that macintosh phone:

TwitterFon, by Japanese developer Kazuho Okui is, in the author�s own words �a simple and fast Twitter client for your iPhone�. Unlike other apps such as Twinkle, it has a plain, simple background, and really tries to stick to the basics - no geo social networking, no ability to �broadcast your location� - just a clean, simple Twitter interface. More apps should try to copy the TwitterFon formula and emphasize design and functionality over features. TwitterFon is truly a pleasure to use: it�s clear that the developers have spent considerable time and energy trying to build the perfect, minimalist twitter client - without getting tempted by extraneous features.

03-12-09 06:25 PM
    Haha, wow, I was working on my own client which looks very similar to this. Looks like I'll hold off on my dev until I see what you've got...

congrats! and gimme
    03-12-09 06:25 PM
    thats ishhh looks dope .
    i want it .
    Really. I've been using TwitterBerry and it has been driving me crazy. I was just thinking about replacing it with a launcher to m.twitter.com when I saw this thread. Looks like the @TwitterGods have been listening and my @prayers have been answered.
    Last edited by imaudihere; 03-12-09 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Fix my stupid damn typos
    03-12-09 06:27 PM
    I forgot my favorite feature that would improve on ANY application - the ability in the settings to have the application continue running in the background when I hold down the escape key, or to quit entirely.

Some people check twitter every 10 minutes, and they would probably want to have it run in the background all the time. However, I only check it maybe once or twice a day, and so would prefer if it quit when I held down the escape key.
    03-12-09 06:29 PM
    make sure that you can scroll between "pages" like search and messages by sliding your finger to the left or right on the screen as you do to scroll between texts and pics. ya diiiig?
    03-12-09 06:32 PM
    Haha, wow, I was working on my own client which looks very similar to this. Looks like I'll hold off on my dev until I see what you've got...

congrats! and gimme
    Oh, no, don't hold off. Haha. I'm pretty new at coding for BB apps, much less the Twitter API . It's not that difficult, as it's all in XML, it's just gonna take a while to figure out how I want everything to parse data and show up in the interface, and such.
    So please, continue, and we'll see what happens. I'd love to see what ideas you have for your app!
    03-12-09 06:33 PM
    Wow, I didn't expect to get this kind of response so quickly! I don't know how long it will take me to get this out in any kind of workable/usable form. I'm a full time student, so this little side project definitely takes a backseat to schoolwork. I'm gonna need help with it though, and anyone who would be willing to do so, that would be awesome.

and, just to clarify,
    it will be free!
    03-12-09 06:36 PM
    Looks great! Let me know if you might be interested in helping with an App Place. (If you don't know what that is, search for my threads)
    03-12-09 06:39 PM
    FREE!!!!! Icing on the cake.....

I'll do your homework....just finish the app!!!
    03-12-09 06:40 PM

congrats! and gimme
    Perhaps you two could collaborate?
    03-12-09 06:40 PM
    Perhaps you two could collaborate?
    I was thinking the same thing, especially if he's some kind of code ninja. Because I'm MUCH better with graphics and UI's than backend systems and coding. We'll see what happens!
    03-12-09 06:41 PM
    I am anxiously awaiting...
    03-12-09 06:49 PM
    man that looks great! and it's free! you're awesome man!
    03-12-09 06:58 PM
    Wow, I didn't expect to get this kind of response so quickly! I don't know how long it will take me to get this out in any kind of workable/usable form. I'm a full time student, so this little side project definitely takes a backseat to schoolwork. I'm gonna need help with it though, and anyone who would be willing to do so, that would be awesome.

and, just to clarify,
    it will be free!
    If it's free, make sure you include a Paypal donation link! I know I for one would be willing to compensate you for the time spent making this application, and the screenshot you submitted looks amazing!
    03-12-09 06:59 PM
    Wow...from the screenshot it looks awesome! I'm a pretty happy twitterberry user at the moment but this app might sway me away. Make sure to include Twitpic support! One thing I hate about Twitterberry is that it adds the twitpic link to the beginning of the tweet. You should include an option to pick between including it at the beginning or at the end. Just my 2 cents. Overall I'm super excited about this app!

And of course, if you need a beta tester I'm totally in.
    03-12-09 07:15 PM
    Beautiful. I can't wait. Thank you so much.
    03-12-09 07:17 PM
    That looks really nice! Good job!
    03-12-09 07:54 PM
179 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD