Hey, I got my code from CU, but I haven't actually unlocked it yet. I was wondering...
    1) Can you still upgrade your OS?
    2) Your internet/texts and everything still works right?
    3) If I travel to Canada, and buy a Rogers SIM Card, Do i need a plan with them to use the phone?
    03-12-09 02:46 PM
    This will not change anything in your phone or how it functions. You will not even know you have unlocked it.

You can get prepaid cards in most countries.
    03-12-09 02:49 PM
    Yes you can still upgrade. Not sure about downgrading.
    Internet/sms/mms will all work.
    Yes you would need to have a plan setup on the sim card in order to work.
    An 'unlocked' phone only means its not locked to any given carrier. So if you had a sim card with a canadian carrier, your unlocked american bold will work..
    Unlocked just means any carrier's sim card will work in your bold.

Hope that helps.
    D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 02:51 PM
    Thanks. Also, if I switch the service, would I be able to use my internet and texts?

03-12-09 02:52 PM
    Yes if you have any sort of prepaid or monthy plan attached to a sim card.. Everything will work like normal.

03-12-09 02:53 PM
    Thanks. Also, if I switch the service, would I be able to use my internet and texts?
    Depends on the card you buy. You'll need to check with specific carriers for these types if answers.
    03-12-09 02:54 PM
    i'm sorry to cramp your Thread but.... I think I know the answer but I'm going to double check with you guys. I am on rogers...say I put a T mobile sim in when I'm travelling to the US. I assume my emails will NOT continue to come to me as I have a different sim in my bold.. ALSO will my BB msg still work with a different sim in it.
    03-12-09 03:08 PM

Yes as long as its a GSM carrier
    03-12-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD