Hi,
    I did a search with out any significant results. I am currently running OS .75 on the storm. I dl the BB smart alarms pro demo edited permissions to everything allow. The thing will not play sounds at all not even the ones I have a ringtones. Im wondering if this is one of those programs that dont work with .75.

Abigfish
    03-12-09 02:22 PM
    I have 114 and I can't get anything but their preprogrammed sounds to work, even though I allowed permissions like it says to do.
    03-12-09 02:25 PM
    so basically its just a bugtgy program and expect updates to fix the problems. An alarm prog without sound is useless. I'm finding many programs are not tested before release to the public. I think the ones made by our members have been great since they do lots of testing with all of us prior to the release. Just a thought.
    03-12-09 02:29 PM
    Yeah, I have no idea. The ones that come with the program suck so nooo thank you. I just want to use the ones that came with the phone. Battery pull didn't help, either.
    03-12-09 02:29 PM
    I'm on 109 n having similar problems. I allowed all permissions. All my ringtones are mp3 n it only plays back certain ringtones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 02:33 PM
    Yeah, I have no idea. The ones that come with the program suck so nooo thank you. I just want to use the ones that came with the phone. Battery pull didn't help, either.
    i did a quick pull reboot but not a batt pull. I will do that just in case there is some sort of difference.
    03-12-09 02:34 PM
    I only did a real one because Soft Reset had an episode when I tried to use that instead. lol.
    03-12-09 02:35 PM
    this phone is agrivating and fun at the same time.
    03-12-09 02:37 PM
    Here's the email response I received from them:

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the BlackBerry Storm 9530 Operating System (OS) version 4.7.0.75. The issue has been submitted to RIM and they have acknowledged this as a valid bug with their OS.

The issue has been fixed in subsequent Storm OS's, but a newer OS version has unfortunately not yet been pushed out to Verizon customers through the official distribution channel.

The most recent Storm OS version is 4.7.0.114. Please consider upgrading the OS on your device to alleviate this issue which RIM since fixed.
    03-13-09 10:06 AM
    Yeah except it doesn't work on 114 either. Or 109.
    03-13-09 10:18 AM
    I'm on .114 and it seems to work fine for me. The mp3s that I use for ringtones are stored under /store/home/user/ringtones/ so I don't know if that makes a difference.

However, when I go unto /system/samples/ringtones/ and select a sample ringtone, then I get silence.

So try putting the mp3s that you want to use under /store/home/user/ringtones/ and give that a try. Also, make sure vibrate and silence when unholstered are set correctly depending on how you use your phone.

Also, I like how when you have an alarm enabled, it shows up on the top as a notification with an alarm icon and the number of alarms set. This is using the appleberry glass theme.
    03-13-09 10:25 AM
    Not sure, Maybe Im a ****** but I just downloaded this and it will not work. When I go to set the time it will not let me click ok or cancel??
    03-13-09 02:04 PM
    Here's the email response I received from them:

Unfortunately, this is a known issue with the BlackBerry Storm 9530 Operating System (OS) version 4.7.0.75. The issue has been submitted to RIM and they have acknowledged this as a valid bug with their OS.

The issue has been fixed in subsequent Storm OS's, but a newer OS version has unfortunately not yet been pushed out to Verizon customers through the official distribution channel.

The most recent Storm OS version is 4.7.0.114. Please consider upgrading the OS on your device to alleviate this issue which RIM since fixed.
    I am curious to know why they are telling you to run a beta OS?
    03-13-09 02:51 PM
    I am curious to know why they are telling you to run a beta OS?
    I got the same message from them and it doesn't matter because the piece of **** app doesn't work with .114 either.
    03-31-09 02:50 PM
    i can confirm that BBSmart alarms runs fine with the leaked OS 0.113
    been using it for about a week now with no problems. all songs play etc
    03-31-09 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD