03-12-09 01:48 PM
    I hear your mom calling RC. She made you some pizza bagels. Go get em while they're hot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 01:51 PM
    We dont stand a chance lol.
    03-12-09 01:53 PM
    Who cares?
    03-12-09 01:54 PM
    .114 stinks and you are talking about "it who must not be named" because everything in comparison to the storm is junk
    03-12-09 01:56 PM
    I wonder if they'll finally get copy/paste.
    Apples and oranges.

Reader Comments was like a mini-version of CB (bitchin, speculation, hope). Funny
    03-12-09 01:58 PM
    Apples and oranges.

Definitely. Better question would have been "How will 4.7.0.114 stack up to iPhone 1.X," or maybe, "How will OS 4.9 if we ever get there stack up to iPhone 3.0."
    03-12-09 02:01 PM
    i love my storm in functionality, but os can't compare with osx on the iphone, at least with the gui.
    03-12-09 02:02 PM
    Or Better yet. How will the FUTURE blackberry OS compare to the PAST iphone protoype OS?
    03-12-09 02:11 PM
    you're comparing .114 a LEAKED OS to an official OS release not to mention the iPhone being out for a number of years before the Storm.
    03-12-09 02:25 PM
    lets see -- rim already has mms (maybe doesn't always work but it has it), copy/paste, multitasking and a2dp open platform (any skins for an ip? )... the ip fanboy' s hoping from them on ip3...

Sounds like they are playing catch up to me.

p.s., I'm running .114/with .109 vir key and so far I've had no issues and I do wish Verizon/rim would make something offical for the non-technical folks as I'm sure I'll be onto the latest and greatest anyway even when they do.
    03-12-09 02:25 PM
    We dont stand a chance lol.
    The Storm already stands up in many regards to the Iphone's OS. In many cases, it's actually superior.

It just needs to be refined. And should RIM take advantage of the ATI Imageon acceleration hardware on the MSM 7600 CPU inside the Storm, then the Storm can blow the Iphone away entirely.
    03-12-09 02:31 PM
    What is the best Storm OS?
    03-12-09 02:40 PM
    You mean apples and berries....

Apples and oranges.

03-12-09 02:47 PM
    What is the best Storm OS?

The next one.
    03-12-09 02:50 PM
    we will have our GC by then haha hopefully. I think we will all be loving our phones by that time anyways
    03-12-09 02:58 PM
    If you like features of the iphone over the Storm, you will always be dissapointed.

Games, UI, fluid everything will be iPhone dominated. The Storm WILL NEVER catch up. The two phones are similar also very different.

Toy vs. Tool way I like to compare them. Even though the new OS updates for the Storm improve some things on this phone, the fact that we are beta testers (instead of releasing a official update) is pretty bogus to me. To even figure out what the damn updates do, you are forced to read 40+ pages of forums to see what the improvement are (once every two weeks for that matter).

Ive perfectly installed every update on my Storm, and at least once a day my Storm will no doubt infuriate me.

If any Storm owner doesn't get annoyed by this rushed phone, you are a Storm fanboy P.O.S. liar..................
    03-12-09 03:02 PM
    Stop making excuses for RIM. If they had built the Storm OS from the ground up during the Storms development instead of cramming an OS made for a trackball device into it they wouldn't be in this mess. The Storm is the iphone's direct competitor and is indeed the better device just crippled by a junk OS.
    03-12-09 03:20 PM
    not many pple really care about what's happening with the jesus phone, if we did we'd be on the iphone blog muppet!!
    03-12-09 03:28 PM
    If you like features of the iphone over the Storm, you will always be dissapointed.

Games, UI, fluid everything will be iPhone dominated. The Storm WILL NEVER catch up. The two phones are similar also very different.

Toy vs. Tool way I like to compare them. .
    I agree, the Storm is a toy.
    03-12-09 03:32 PM
    Stop making excuses for RIM. If they had built the Storm OS from the ground up during the Storms development instead of cramming an OS made for a trackball device into it they wouldn't be in this mess. The Storm is the iphone's direct competitor and is indeed the better device just crippled by a junk OS.
    This is the blunt truth right here.
    People say that the reason the Blackberry is so buggy is because it just came out. My dad works for verizon and tested this phone the testing they put the phone through is so thorough that im 100% sure every one of these bugs were caught. but RIM rushed it out and now we are stuck with a $500 piece of technology with a OS that doesnt do it justice.
    Im not saying that im not happy with the phone for personal use, its just if someone asks to see it to play around with it I usually refuse because it will be too hard for them to use. they dont know that sometimes you have to press the unlock button 12 times or that you have to hold down the button in camera for 3 minutes to take a picture etc. On the other hand the iPhone runs extremely smoothly and is easy too use. but RIM is always on top when it comes to functions etc.
    03-12-09 03:53 PM
    You mean apples and berries....

Hahaaa. Excuse me, Apples and Berries.
    03-13-09 12:17 PM
    This is the blunt truth right here.
    People say that the reason the Blackberry is so buggy is because it just came out. My dad works for verizon and tested this phone the testing they put the phone through is so thorough that im 100% sure every one of these bugs were caught. but RIM rushed it out and now we are stuck with a $500 piece of technology with a OS that doesnt do it justice.
    Im not saying that im not happy with the phone for personal use, its just if someone asks to see it to play around with it I usually refuse because it will be too hard for them to use. they dont know that sometimes you have to press the unlock button 12 times or that you have to hold down the button in camera for 3 minutes to take a picture etc. On the other hand the iPhone runs extremely smoothly and is easy too use. but RIM is always on top when it comes to functions etc.
    Verizon is the one who pressured RIM to rush the Storm to the market. Not the other way around. Verizon wanted it in time for the 2008 holiday season. The Storm will come around when the REAL Storm OS is released..... The 4.7 is a hackjob of the existing trackball OS.

EDIT: remember, DirectX 10 video cards were on the market before Vista was even out. Does this mean that everyone who bought an early DX10 card wasted theit money? Alot of times, hardware makes it to the market before the software catches up.
    03-13-09 01:11 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD