I just travelled from Geneva, Switzerland to Charlotte, NC via Newark and back again in the space of 15 days.

Obviously I kept my eyes peeled for BlackBerry users whilst in transit. I saw many people using their phones in and around the various airports but by far and away the most used phones was, of course, the BlackBerry n all its forms. There were BlackBerrys of all types and people were talking and typing and browsing with their phones.

What was surprising was the lack of iPhones. Yes, I saw some but their users ware mainly using them to listen to music on them.

As to the ages of the users, there were all ages and sexes (well both sexes, actually) Mainlly the BlackBerry users were busines types but there were several kids using them too.

Surprisingly there were very few Storm users. I guess that they were all at home upgrading their OSs and complaing about their phones on Crackberry.
    03-12-09 01:45 PM
    Yeah I travel to the Carribean alot being that I work for Sandals and Beaches resorts. I also noticed a lot of people on their BB. It's pretty cool if you ask me.
    03-12-09 01:58 PM
    Whenever I travel I am SHOCKED by the sheer number of bb users in airports.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 02:03 PM
    Surprisingly there were very few Storm users. I guess that they were all at home upgrading their OSs and complaing about their phones on Crackberry.

HEY NOW! I resemble that remark!

LOL I am constantly looking out for other BB users...I often talk to them if i get a chance.....my fiance hates it

I see many BB's around when I am out and about. Many iphones as well but with all major carriers selling BB's, it just seem to dominate.
    ive been to a couple of major airports and always see the majority of people looking down at their blackberries. I love it i just blend in with the crowd.
    03-12-09 02:46 PM
    funny....last month while dropping a relative off at Dulles Airport, I spotted a load of iphones and very few blackberries......o, was it a sad sight.
    03-12-09 02:53 PM
    Walking around college campuses or even classrooms you see them everywhere.
    03-12-09 03:00 PM
    When i'm at the mall i always see atleast five iPhone users.
    03-12-09 03:00 PM
    around campus i definitely see more blackberries than iphones.

but that probably is affected by the fact that around here AT&T's not the best coverage.
    03-12-09 03:51 PM
    Ya at my office (the biggest Insurance office in down town Des Moines) I see nothing but BB......and 1 dude has an iphone lol.

03-12-09 04:02 PM
    I am a huge BB spotter lol, i always am looking to see whos on a berry. Out where i work there are more berrys than any other device. I do see alot of iPhones also but def more Blackberrys. Whenever i travel i see soooo many people using them in the airports. When i traveled to Florida a few months ago i spotted 8 people sporting berrys just in the first 15 after i got off the plane lol.
    03-12-09 04:12 PM
    I too travel frequently and see so many BB at airports. I always look at what type of phone people are using when I am out and about and hands down it is usually a Blackberry
    03-12-09 04:31 PM
    Ya it seems like regular phones are becoming a thing of the past.

03-12-09 04:33 PM
    Many iphones as well but with all major carriers selling BB's, it just seem to dominate.
    Exactly. I see maybe 3-4 iPhones a day other than my own, and that's a lot. BBs are everywhere.
    03-12-09 04:42 PM
    Yeah BB's are definitely on the rise!
    03-12-09 04:52 PM
    I have a funny picture somewhere in my arsenal of Flash drives and SDcards that I took at the Tampa International airport.
    I was standing in line to board my flight when they announced it was going to be delayed by an hour due to weather or some nonsense. Immediately probably 10-12 people of the 20 os so in line pulled out blackberries of various breeds and begin pecking away text messages and emails, all facing the same direction (with the usual blackberry slouch :P). I'll see if I can find it :P
    03-12-09 05:07 PM
    I forgot to mention that on both the inbound and outbound flights from Newark to Charlotte the flight attendant specifically mentiond turning off "cell phones, Blackberrys and other devices." in his pre-take-off speech. Clearly Continental Express differentiates between ordinary boring cell-phones and BlackBerrys. Go Continental, say I.
    03-12-09 08:53 PM
    We took a trip a few weeks ago from Chicago to San Antonio cause we needed some warm weather. It was my first vacation since getting my blackberry and I was astounded at how many people I noticed with BB's in the airport and everywhere. I saw one guy almost fall down an escalator cause he was so engrossed in his berry and not watching his step! Mostly I saw Curves not to many Storms. My poor husband had to deal with my BB over the weekend and his brothers as well. He had BB's going off in stereo!
    03-13-09 01:41 AM
    At my work, everyone is switching to BBs. Only 3 of us got Storms. Mostly Curves, with 1 or 2 Pearls. I recently switched from a Treo and have yet to look back.

Oh yeah, and the few iWannabecool users.
    03-13-09 02:08 AM
    I always spot 10+ BB's while waiting to board plane at airport lounges especially at LHR/JFK.
    03-13-09 05:08 AM
    I rarely see another berry where I live in the UK, I haven't been in an airport in five years though - so I suppose that has a lot to do with it.

I have seen a few iPhones though (one I see everyday belongs to my son - it's my castoff LOL)
    03-13-09 10:24 AM
    Man I've seen them EVERYWHERE!! Especially at my school, but the best part is my law class... the stats are like this: 50% Blackberry, 25% iPhone and 20% "other" and yet its always once a week the BB's and the iDorks get into a debate as to who has a better device... the reason the "others" dont take part is cause they either have Palm or WiMo.... lol this week's debate: who can text faster, and who's got more features. And yet the funny thing is that even the teacher has a BB, so he's cool with the debate... As for what type of bb's are in my law class: I've seen a couple of pearl flips, 4 people have pearls... me included 5 kids have curves... two guys have bolds... and the teacher and another kid's got a storm... oh and one 8900... yep that's all i see in my law class...
    03-13-09 01:15 PM
    You know what I find funny. Before I got a berry myself I never realized how many people actually had one. I mean you'd see the one odd one here and there but ever since I got mine I've noticed so many people with blackberries. Pearl and curve dominating though. Lots of bolds too, very few storms. I've seen two that I can count off the top of my head in 3 months

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 04:47 PM
    Ahhh, good to see you survived the trip to the states Pete. Hope you had a great time man...
    03-13-09 04:50 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD