Like many of you I am having the classic problems with texting on the 8350I. After my 15th call with nextel I was told today that blackberry is releasing another software fix for the phone tomorrow march 13th. Now they told me that blackberry has sid this software will def. fix all the problems, but i think thats what they said last time. So lets see if friday the 13th turns into a good luck day.
    03-12-09 10:29 AM
    That's funny. I was just dialing Sprint's number to check on this when I happened to see your post. Yes, hopefully this will take care of the problem. Maybe Friday the 13th will be a GREAT day! Thanks for sharing that info.
    03-12-09 10:39 AM
    If I download this and I start getting texting problems I'm gonna be hacked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 10:39 AM
    Yep, me too. Mass email to Sprint might do it. Doubtful, tho.
    03-12-09 10:41 AM
    Blove - I went ahead and contacted Sprint anyway just to see what they would say to me. The girl said there is an update being done later tonight, that it is a network issue and we don't have to do anything. I re-affirmed we wouldn't have to download anything and she said no, it's being updated through the network and all should be well in the morning. She also added that she has that phone and that she is very "annoyed" by the text issue, also. So....we'll see what happens!
    03-12-09 10:48 AM
    Nextel has always had text problem. I have been using different phones for year and not getting text and delayed text is just how they roll. They can give this phone all the updates they have and it will never fix the delayed and not getting some text
    03-12-09 10:49 AM
    I have had Nextel for years and have had about 9 different phones including 2 differebt CBs and I have never had a text delay problem or really a texting problem that a new SIM didn't fix.

03-12-09 12:15 PM
    Good to know!
    03-12-09 12:17 PM
    so did i read someone was told that this isnt an OS update but rather a network update and will improve the text issues for good? i have been with nextel for almost a decade and haven't had many issues with text either and even now there is only one really bad incident where i received a text like 8 hours later but i was told that this error swept the nation. oh well see what my dm says now!
    03-12-09 01:06 PM
    Sounds good!! Hope it fixes the echo problem for good.
    03-12-09 01:12 PM
    Yes, JLJ - she told me it was a network issue and would be "fixed" tonight. Again, we'll see!
    03-12-09 01:24 PM
    I have had Nextel for years and have had about 9 different phones including 2 differebt CBs and I have never had a text delay problem or really a texting problem that a new SIM didn't fix.

Well you have to be the only one with Nextel that has never had a problem with text.... or you just do not text much to know you are even having a problem.. I know you will say I text all the time and know problems, but there texting system suck and everyone know it so it just something you have to live with if you need DC well unless you go to a hybrid then you will be in good shape...
    03-12-09 01:36 PM
    I have been with nextel five years and three different phones and never had a texting problem including this one. Just lucky I guess

03-12-09 01:53 PM
    Well you have to be the only one with Nextel that has never had a problem with text.... or you just do not text much to know you are even having a problem.. I know you will say I text all the time and know problems, but there texting system suck and everyone know it so it just something you have to live with if you need DC well unless you go to a hybrid then you will be in good shape...
    most of us, who had there 8350i from day 1, n i have no problems

as far as the update, this shizz better not mess up my phone
    03-12-09 01:57 PM
    like i said before only had one real issue where i had to wait about 8 hours for a text and that was a nationwide issue! but besides that, between gf's x-gf's little cousins, bank updates and work. overall i got them all! if i missed a few it was cause i was out of service or my phone was in airplane mode!
    03-12-09 02:00 PM

I have had 4 8350i BBs since the release on Dec. 15th with four different SIM cards. My texting problems have persisted throughout. Not thinking my issue was a SIM issue.
    03-12-09 02:00 PM
    I 've had nextel for about 4 years now and I always had problems with delay text if this update doesn't resolve the problem I might just switch to a 8330 becuase I think just owning this bb for a week I'm officially an addict to my bb

03-12-09 03:31 PM
    I 've had nextel for about 4 years now and I always had problems with delay text if this update doesn't resolve the problem I might just switch to a 8330 becuase I think just owning this bb for a week I'm officially an addict to my bb

funny you said that because i was thinking my reason for not having issues was because i am in new york and everyone around me either has boost or nextel. most of my family have if for the nationwide walkie talkie!
    03-12-09 03:37 PM
    you know i've been with nextel since 1994 i had one the first brick phones. you know as the years have gone by and they improve the service i've never really had any issues not saying their perfect just saying the issues are the same with all the carriers. now i'm new to texting just really started in 08 and never had any problems with texting on my phones.
    03-12-09 04:03 PM
    So this is an automatic update am I understand this right? I won't have to download anything?

03-12-09 04:05 PM
    So this is an automatic update am I understand this right? I won't have to download anything?

I don't think that its the update we've been waiting for... the message from sprint last month regarding this update "MR2" said that we should download the "MR1" update, and then when MR2 came out we would be downloading that from the sprint website. So I belive any OTA update would not fix the 8350i woes.......
    03-12-09 04:19 PM
    Hey, maybe after this FIX we might be able to text "paraskavedekatriaphobia!"
    03-12-09 05:04 PM
    text a what?
    03-12-09 05:06 PM
    text a what?
    fear of FRIDAY THE 13TH

Friday the 13th - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    03-12-09 05:12 PM
    OH ??? I thought it was a real word!
    03-12-09 05:24 PM
187 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD