There are too many "I dropped my phone" threads popping up...lol. No it's not funny but damn, c'mon. At the very least, buy the OEM Silicone Skin. You can get it for about $10. I have 3. I used the black one mostly. ****, my 8900 looks blacked out and I didn't even spend $50 for the black housing. Again, protect your phone, they cost too damn much money to have it out there naked. I too, learned the hard way. I used to would never use a case as it takes away the beauty of a cool phone but I've had to make that change.
    03-12-09 08:34 AM
    I learned my lesson when I was a iphone user for a few months. I dropped it once, on my ceramic tile and the vibrate didn't work anymore. When I put it to vibrate it sounded like a blender inside it lol. I went through 3 eventually.
    I dropped my 8900 while naked and my heart stopped for a few seconds! The battery and back door were scattered on the floor and my bb was face down but by some miracle no damage to it. Not even a scratch. I have a clear hard case on it at the moment. I advise not to have it on your lap while the hard case is on, it will slip off your lap plenty!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 08:47 AM
    You were naked when you dropped it. LOL

03-12-09 09:04 AM
    Haha the naked part does seem like an unnecessary piece of information...
    03-12-09 09:11 AM
    At least use the "included" leather pouch whenever you;re not talking on it. I also added the BSE skin to mine. Ordered my son a Curve, will also get him a rocketfish gelskins (one black, one white) from Best Buy this weekend
    03-12-09 09:21 AM
    At least use the "included" leather pouch whenever you;re not talking on it. I also added the BSE skin to mine. Ordered my son a Curve, will also get him a rocketfish gelskins (one black, one white) from Best Buy this weekend
    I don't even like the "included" one as the genius who designed that one didn't come up with one to protect the whole phone.
    03-12-09 09:27 AM
    +1

Case was the first accessory I bought for my BB and also my wife's
    03-12-09 09:30 AM
    Same here! I had my Innocase II and holster before the phone was officially released!

03-12-09 09:37 AM
    At the Timo store I bought a clear hardcase before I actually bought the BB itself Lol. it's a $500 phone, ppl! Unless you crap diamonds and rainbows you need to put a solid case on that sucker.
    03-12-09 09:44 AM
    I treat my BB's like most people treat there kids lolol. But i always have them protected. Right now i have a black silicone rubber skin on my 8330 and it sits in a horizontal holster. I dont get how anyone could put their berry in their pocket, but to each his own. I always see trackball housings get trashed with in pocket berrys.
    03-12-09 10:01 AM
    I don't even like the "included" one as the genius who designed that one didn't come up with one to protect the whole phone.
    I know right, the whole top sticks out! Ridiculous

and btw, I have a BSE on my phone AND a black silicon case. Already dropped it once getting out of my car to go into a gas station and NOT ONE scratch. Like stated above, they are WAY too expensive to not protect
    03-12-09 10:56 AM
    That was a over share imho. At any rate, I always keep my BB in its case. I do not like dropping my devices.

03-12-09 11:03 AM
    I know right, the whole top sticks out! Ridiculous

and btw, I have a BSE on my phone AND a black silicon case. Already dropped it once getting out of my car to go into a gas station and NOT ONE scratch. Like stated above, they are WAY too expensive to not protect
    ditto, i've dropped mine once or twice with the silicone case and didn't get any damage. I have a BSE on it too. I'll soon have a Zagg IS on it as I've had the replacement that is the correct size about 2 weeks now but just haven't felt like applying it.
    03-12-09 11:04 AM
    the included one kept leaving sticky residue on my phone. I stopped using it the first day.
    03-12-09 11:07 AM

That's Hott!!!
    03-12-09 11:14 AM
    Cases make you bb look ugly, I use the slip case because it basically keypad locks my phone, but that's all... I have no idea how people damage their phones. My phones never ever get scratches or scuffs, I don't even try that hard...

Seriously, I'd have to purposely be careless to get my phones in the same conditions as some people...

03-12-09 11:27 AM
    i have one of those clear plastic cases for my phone and a silicone case... i dont even use my silicone case anymore.. makes my phone look fat and bulky
    03-12-09 11:48 AM
    That was a over share imho. At any rate, I always keep my BB in its case. I do not like dropping my devices.

I think the phone was naked, as opposed to being in a case.
    03-12-09 01:51 PM
    I think the phone was naked, as opposed to being in a case.
    Obviously...
    03-12-09 02:52 PM

bahaha and he must have bent over to pick it up :P LOL

03-12-09 05:48 PM
    I am either going to buy a case tonight or do it tomorrow since I just got my phone today.
    03-12-09 05:51 PM
    I'm with the minority. Definitely a screen protector, but no way would I use some of these big cases you guys use.. I woulda bought a bold if it wasn't for the size difference.
    03-12-09 05:56 PM
    There are too many "I dropped my phone" threads popping up...lol. No it's not funny but damn, c'mon. At the very least, buy the OEM Silicone Skin. You can get it for about $10. I have 3. I used the black one mostly. ****, my 8900 looks blacked out and I didn't even spend $50 for the black housing. Again, protect your phone, they cost too damn much money to have it out there naked. I too, learned the hard way. I used to would never use a case as it takes away the beauty of a cool phone but I've had to make that change.
    This is the truth...this is the first BB I plan to have for a very long time and best believe I am taking all necessary precautions to keep it in pristine condition! Right now I'm rocking a black OEM skin (paid less than $3 for it) with a clarivue screen protector, but I'm definitely going to invest in a Seidio Innocase II, too! I waited for this phone far too long to let roam naked! I'm loving this phone more than when I bought my first car!

03-12-09 06:07 PM
    I'm with the minority. Definitely a screen protector, but no way would I use some of these big cases you guys use.. I woulda bought a bold if it wasn't for the size difference.
    Yep, screen protector on mine since day one. I never even notice it.
    03-12-09 06:19 PM
    I carry my iPhone nekked (the phone ). With my 8310 previously, it lived in either the typical BB puffy lambskin belt case (which worked fine & didn't weigh much or stick out too badly) or an AT&T plastic snap in holster (which had a sleeper magnet) and it worked fine too. I was very leary of gunking up the trackball so wasn't taking a chance. Plus, one of my favorite parts of BB ownership was having the phone in "holster profile" all the time. Never had to think about silencing prior to a meeting, etc. Gawd, how many times have I discretely snickered when someone's phone goes off in a meeting?
    03-12-09 06:32 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD