Hey CB so I've got a question for you and before I actually ask it, know that I'm hating myself for even thinking about it...I love my bold...maybe more than I should....but I can't help but be mesmerized by its screen.....and seeing as how the storm has an even BIGGER screen...I need to know;

BOLD or STORM?

I have a guy who's willing to trade for my Bold straight up for a Storm....

Please don't flame or go off topic, I just want a straight forward answer with a quick and concise argument in the favour or against the change

Thanks for understanding........andddddddddddddddddd go!
    03-11-09 09:28 PM
    Keep your BOLD!
    03-11-09 09:31 PM
    The storm's screen is bigger to make room for the touchscreen keyboard. I say try a storm for a little bit to get the feel for it, then compare it to the bold. Which ever one fits you best, should be the one that you get. Since you're in Rogers, I take it the storm is unlocked?
    Some people prefer an actual keyboard, some prefer the touchscreen keyboard. Yes, there are other differences, but a majority of what you have to do involves some sort of typing.

Personally, I'd stick to the bold
    03-11-09 09:34 PM
    I prefer a real keyboard myself. If you do a lot of texting/email I'd say stick to Bold. If you use phone primarily for watching videos and making calls than the choice becomes tougher but the Bold does seem to be more stable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 09:40 PM
    I like the big screen of the storm but really dislike the touch keyboard I chose the bold and wouldn't choose different.

03-11-09 09:41 PM
    I'd stick with Bold, at least for now. There must be at least one or two good reasons the other person wants your Bold???

Physical keyboard, cut and paste, multiple apps, speed, etc., etc. Don't make a rush decision. Keep the Bold. My .02 cents.
    03-11-09 09:41 PM
    Wait wait...can't C&P or run multiple apps on storm?!?!
    03-11-09 09:46 PM
    its kinda hard to copy and paste text on the storm, at least it was for me. OR.. keep the bold, and wait for the rumored 9900.
    03-11-09 10:02 PM
    Wait wait...can't C&P or run multiple apps on storm?!?!
    Sorry. I should have been clearer. I meant that using these functions is just not as streamlined as it is with the Bold. At least in my opinion.
    03-11-09 10:03 PM
    bold baby!
    03-11-09 10:06 PM
    I don't have either, I have the 8900 but I would say go with the Bold. The reviews weren't great on the storm touchscreen.

03-11-09 10:11 PM
    I hated the touch(click)screen on the Storm.

RIM tried to cross a iPhone with a BB... too bad it didn't work.
    03-11-09 10:15 PM
    I feel for you because lately I've been wanting a Storm myself, but then I played with a classmates for like 20 minutes on Tuesday, and I hated it. My fingers just wouldn't click the right letter. I would run my finger over the letters so they would be highlighrted, but as soon as I click it would jump to the next letter.

Also, her phone was brand new, like 2 days old, and the clickety click click had already stopped working in one corner of the phone.

So I went in search of app memory (it took forever to navigate the touch screen menu), and it was down to 26! 26, really, with no apps installed??? So I talked her into letting me do a batt pull, big mistake. I promised her that it would help get back some memory and run a little smoother, but 2hrs later, when we were leaving class, she came up to me a said "what did you do to my phone!!!". Yeah baby, I'm talking white screen of death for 2hrs after batt-pull.
    03-12-09 05:45 AM
    Yeah, I played with the Storm as well - i thought it was pretty good...but it was just in passing - didn't really delve deep into it as it was a friends who brought it to dinner lol....

Anyway, thanks everyone I think I'll stick to the bold.
    03-12-09 09:12 AM
    straight forward answer for you KEEP YOUR BOLD, i tried to switch to a storm but it just did not work out, had the phone for less than a day and i switched back to my bold and i was in heaven again. the only thing i like about the storm is the larger screen and the ability to just scroll quickly on web pages using your fingers. text and email was a disaster for me on the storm. i have a bold and my wife has the 8900 curve. i think these may be the two best blackberries out on the market. this i just my opinion though.
    03-12-09 10:19 AM
    Do you own either? Have you tried either?
    If you can answer either of these two questions, you'd be contributing to this post.

And yes, I know how to use the search function...It was just easier getting a more up-to-date answer this way as more people would have had a chance to use the Storm and give a more educated response.

Nonetheless, your point is proven: The forum search is still working thanks for the maintenance work Rikter.
    03-12-09 02:06 PM
    It's based on what you do with it.... It's not really that hard to figure out because the devices are so completely different.

If mass text messaging/chat/email is your priority, the Storm is a pointless choice.
    03-12-09 02:15 PM
    Yeah, i'm not a huge fan of videos/pics etc. I use it more for work and sms/bbmsngr so the texting aspect is more important. I just like the resolution of the BOLD screen and the idea of having that in a larger form was worth thinking bout it
    03-12-09 02:24 PM
    You use it for work, sms, bbm primarly so yeah a touchscreen only phone is kinda pointless.
    03-12-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD