hello...i have searched and searched on here, but can't find any info on my problem.

i am trying to sync my BB curve to my desktop yahoo calendar. everything looks like it is configured right, but i keep getting an error that says can't log into yahoo account...check user name and password.

well...i have checked...my user name and passowrd are correct...but i keep getting the error.

i do not use outlook or any kind of calendar management on my desktop. i am coming from a treo and palm's desktop manager had a calender you just updated and sync'd.

any idea what is going on with this error message?

thanks,
    chip
    06-17-07 12:47 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

Do you use the 'free' version of Yahoo, or do you pay for the Premium service? I wonder if that's why it's not working...

With the free version, you can't use ANY POP3 application to read emails, etc...
    06-18-07 04:39 AM
    i use the free one...but i don't think that has anything to do with it. the calendar is the same in either version. all the paid e-mail account does is give you more space.

i don't have to use yahoo...i am starting from scratch. i just need something simple so i don't have to add dates by hand on the BB device.

are there any other options?
    06-18-07 09:43 AM
    I'm trying to somehow get my yahoo calendar on to my bb. any suggestions on how to do this?
    11-09-07 04:40 PM
    Hi,

I currently use the free Yahoo e-mail and have no problems synchronizing my calendar with my Curve. Here is how I set mine up:

First make sure you are using Blackberry Desktop Manager Version 4.2.2.14 [Apr 26 2007].

Then go to "Synchronize" and "Configuration." Click on "Configure Synch" and then "Choose." Pick Yahoo and make sure the "Synchronize" option at the bottom is selected. Now click "Options" and type in you account info and hit "Save." After all that you should be good to go.

I had a similar problem until I updated my Blackberry Desktop Manager from the RIM website.

Hope this helps you.
    11-09-07 05:07 PM
    Thanks, Jeepberry... your instructions worked perfectly! One question... lets say in Yahoo Calendar I have a reminder set for an event, but I don't want that reminder to occur on my bb. If I make the change on my bb and then re-synch, will that change take effect on the Y calendar as well?
    11-10-07 01:00 PM
    Whatever you change on your BB will take effect in Yahoo as well. I am still tweaking my BB and yahoo to get it the way I like it. It's a work in progress. I currently use Pocketday on my BB and it works great. It allows you to see your tasks, calendar, missed calls, e-mails, and more in one application. Check it out, you might like it. Glad my instructions worked out for you.
    11-11-07 10:40 PM
    Good info, as I was wondering if Yahoo calendar worked. Thanks for this as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-07 01:14 PM
    This was tremendously helpful. Quick question: is there a way to set up the calendar so that it syncs automatically without having to be connected your laptop? For instance, my email syncs in real time - for the calendar to sync - it appears as though I have to plug in my bberry and then literally push sync now.
    11-13-07 02:04 PM
    Glad to hear the info helped out. I haven't found a way to synch over e-mail. But you can set your BB desktop manager to synch automatically when you plug your phone in to your computer.
    11-13-07 09:06 PM
    I just bought an 8310 Curve, and downloaded Desktop Manager 4.3 from the RIM site. The free version of Yahoo address book, memo pad, and tasks all sync but the calendar sync produces "Internal error #4238. Translation canceled!" I understand one work around is first to sync Yahoo calendar with Outlook, and then sync Outlook with Blackberry. But I don't have Outlook. I was on the phone with AT&T and Blackberry, who said that the Desktop Manager sync was never intended to work with web based calendars etc., and that it's just gravy that it sometimes works.

Any help?
    11-30-07 05:11 PM
    Just got an 8310 myself. I have the free version of Yahoo! and haven't had any problems with the address book or the calendar syncing up. My only complaint is that it transfers all the contacts to the BB, which I don't want or need - I'd like to selectively transfer contacts. Called Yahoo! and they we're essentially no help ( a huge shock...); they said to check with Blackberry. Anybody know how to get just the contacts I want onto the BB?
    By the way, the Outlook workaround (which follows) works, but it's pretty clumsy...

Transfer Contacts From Yahoo! to Microsoft Outlook Express

You can copy a single contact or your entire Yahoo! Address Book to Microsoft Outlook Express

To move a single contact (or a few) from Yahoo! to Outlook Express:

Open your Yahoo! Address Book and…
    1) Click "Import/Export" in the upper-right corner.
    2) Under "Export", click "Export Now" next to "vCard, Zip of .vcf files".
    A dialog window opens and gives you the option to save your Yahoo!Address Book to disk as a .zip file. Save this .zip file to your desktop or somewhere else on your computer. It contains each of your contacts as an individual .vcf file.
    3) Now, open this Yahoo! Address Book .zip file wherever you saved it by double-clicking on it. The open file window displays your contacts listed alphabetically. Each contact is an individual .vcf file.
    4) Drag the .vcf file(s) you want to add to Outlook onto your desktop. Or, save to another location of your choice. OK – ! So far so good.
    Now, open Outlook Express and…
    5) Choose "Import and Export" in the File menu.
    6) Choose "Import a VCARD file (.vcf)" and click "Next".
    7) In the window that opens, find the .vcf file that you just dragged onto your desktop or saved elsewhere.
    8) Double-click it, or click it once and click "Open." OK – done! This contact is now in your Outlook contacts. Repeat steps 7-9 for any additional .vcf files (contacts) you'd like to add to Outlook.

To export your entire Yahoo! Address Book to Microsoft Outlook Express:

1)First, export the information from your Yahoo! Address Book:
    Open your Yahoo! Address Book and click "Import/Export" in the upper-right corner.
    In the Export section, click "Export Now" next to the phrase "Microsoft Outlook."
    A dialog window opens and gives you the option to save your Yahoo! Address Book to disk as a .csv file. Click "Save to Disk".
    Click "OK". The .csv file will be saved to your desktop.
    2) Next, import that file into Outlook Express:
    Open Microsoft Outlook Express.
    Select "Import" from the "File" menu.
    From the "File" menu, select "Other Address Book."
    Select the file type "Text File (Comma Separated Values)."
    Click the "Import" button.
    Enter the location and name of the file you exported from Yahoo! or use the "Browse" button to find the file. Then click the "Next" button.
    Check the fields you wish to import, and uncheck any fields you do not wish to import to Outlook Express. Or, click "Change Mapping..." to modify where to store the data from Yahoo! Address Book in Outlook Express.
    Click "Finish" to import the data.
    01-12-08 03:33 PM
    Can I sync to BOTH Outlook and Yahoo at the same time?
    12-24-08 02:12 AM
    I was having that same error when syncing with Yahoo calendar. Go to the mapping fields area and tweek those a bit.

How do you get rid of a calendar on your device? When I go to select calendar it has one for my email address and device default as an option.
    12-31-08 09:36 AM
    Hi,

I currently use the free Yahoo e-mail and have no problems synchronizing my calendar with my Curve. Here is how I set mine up:

First make sure you are using Blackberry Desktop Manager Version 4.2.2.14 [Apr 26 2007].

Then go to "Synchronize" and "Configuration." Click on "Configure Synch" and then "Choose." Pick Yahoo and make sure the "Synchronize" option at the bottom is selected. Now click "Options" and type in you account info and hit "Save." After all that you should be good to go.

I had a similar problem until I updated my Blackberry Desktop Manager from the RIM website.

Hope this helps you.
    Thanks for posting this!! i just got a 8330 last week and so hated putting in appointments with this keyboard. Your post was amazingly helpful and worked like a gem!!!
    04-11-09 10:48 AM
    Hi,

Hope this helps you.
    I currently have the same problem, only it is with my contacts in my Yahoo plus account. For some reason I am always getting the username and password error message.
    What I discovered is that it is not saving my password my email address is in place but not the password., so when I go to sync my contacts that is why I am getting the error message. My Desktop Manager is current 4.2 and my phones software is also up to date 4.5.
    So after about 3 weeks with this phone I am at a complete loss as to what to do
    06-13-09 08:09 PM
    Have any one tried to sync BB with Gmail calender ???
    06-13-09 09:35 PM
    when you sync with yahoo calendar or gmail calendar, is it OTA? or thru BBDM
    06-14-09 06:52 PM
    So has anybody come up with a solution as to why I am getting an invalid user name and password when I try to sync with my Yahoo account? Thanks
    06-16-09 06:48 PM
    typing it wrong?

:-p
    06-16-09 06:50 PM
    typing it wrong?

:-p
    I wish, but after 20 times I think I would get it right.
    06-16-09 07:04 PM
    ok so I have an issue... Im running a Apple (Mac Book) now and am new to it. i'd love to bypass the iCal and iMail and just sync to Yahoo direct. Problem is MAC only syncs with itself there is no program that works on a MAC like Desktop Mgr. Any ideas suggestions? please help I love my new Mac Book but this is a real issue!!!
    06-17-09 11:28 AM
    So I guess I am striking out here since it seems nobody has a solution to my problem. I wish I knew why it keeps telling me my user name and or password is wrong. I have mail plus on my Yahoo account so syncing my contacts to my Curve should work without a hitch.
    06-23-09 07:57 PM
    So do I have to downgrade my DM from 4.5 to 4.2 in order to sync to Y!Calendar?
    07-16-09 08:30 PM
    So, I just got a Tour (had 8830) and my yahoo calendar would no longer sync (tasks and memos would). I still was using 4.2 desktop manager. I tried everything I could think of and finally found someone with a similar problem. I tried this fix and it worked. it seems that perhaps the option for multiple calendars (google, facebook, etc. may be causing a problem).

Options->Advanced Options->Service Books and delete all the calendar books (email[CICAL])

You're left with the"Default" calendar.

Someone else had posted removing Facebook which worked so maybe it's a conflict with that but I just deleted them all.
    07-17-09 02:00 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD