I took the java folder with the .109 keyboard fix and the .86 MMS fix and pasted it into the .109 load. The objective there was to get the accelerometer speed back but keep the new text editing tool. So far it seems to work great. I will report back on it later after a few hours of use. But overall it seemed to speed the whole system up.

OK here are the steps to performing this. So far the phone seems to be flying by comparison to just having .114 installed.
    ****Prior to doing any update I recommend backing up all applications as well as your normal file backup. You can find directions here.****

1. Install both .109 and .114
    2. Copy the keyboard fix to the .114 Java folder found in this location from the .109
    3. Copy the MMS forwarding fix to the .114 Java folder found in this location
    4. Copy all of the contents from the modified .114 Java folder and paste them into .109 Java folder over tops of all exsisting files.
    5. Uninstall the .114 update from your pc
    6. Run crackmem if desired on the operating system to optimize prior to loading
    7. Backup phone
    8. (optional: for experienced users only I recommend) Use JLcommander to wipe phone completely
    9. Start Device manager
    10. Go to application loader
    11. Go update software
    12. Click on the options button to the right
    13. Check and un-check the options that you want or don't want
    14. Click next then finish
    15. Have patience for the phone to load
    16. Restore your backup files if you used JLcommander
    17. enjoy

This combination has made this phone very usable.
    Last edited by gtstang462002; 03-11-09 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Added directions
    03-11-09 04:24 PM
    How does keyboard and MMS cods affect accelerometer files? Isn't the MMS issue fixed in 114 anyway?
    03-11-09 04:46 PM
    Very nice, this could be a great build in the meantime.

What Radio code are you using? Please tell me it is either .109 or .114
    03-11-09 04:49 PM
    I'm missing the point. You said you are putting this all in the .109 folder? Maybe I'm reading it wrong. I thought you are trying to get to .114 with fixes.
    03-11-09 04:51 PM
    Maybe he meant .114 load? That's the only thing that makes sense.

But do we know of an accelerometer file to use?
    03-11-09 04:52 PM
    How does keyboard and MMS cods affect accelerometer files? Isn't the MMS issue fixed in 114 anyway?
    yeah what he said
    what does it do for the accelerometer???
    and if it does not affect it some people are saying that the radio file contains the stuff that controls the accelerometer is that true??
    or is there a seperate file that affects it?
    thanx
    D.
    03-11-09 04:53 PM
    I think he took stuff from .114 and put it in .109 so that he has the text box thing and the MMS fix, but still have the functionality of .109. But.. I've been wrong before. If what I said is the case, how would I go about doing that?
    03-11-09 05:39 PM
    No...at least not for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 05:42 PM
    This thread is like Jenga.
    Take one from the bottom and u put it on top.
    03-11-09 05:43 PM
    I think he took stuff from .114 and put it in .109 so that he has the text box thing and the MMS fix, but still have the functionality of .109. But.. I've been wrong before. If what I said is the case, how would I go about doing that?
    I am at dinner right now. I will explain more in detail when I get back and can type on the pc.

03-11-09 05:44 PM
    I am at dinner right now. I will explain more in detail when I get back and can type on the pc.

Sweet thanks, you can PM me details if you'd rather too, but I imagine there are several others that would like to do this too.
    03-11-09 05:46 PM
    I was considering swapping back to 109 with mms fix tonight. But I will now wait to hear your report on your findings.

03-11-09 05:52 PM
    So is he going to post a hybrid or something? Is that what this thread is about?
    03-11-09 05:55 PM
    Sweet thanks, you can PM me details if you'd rather too, but I imagine there are several others that would like to do this too.
    Darn skippy!

Let him tell the masses! OH YEAH!!
    03-11-09 05:58 PM
    So is he going to post a hybrid or something? Is that what this thread is about?
    I don't think he's going to actually post one, but he might hook us up with instructions on how to make our own.
    03-11-09 06:05 PM
    what he is trying to do is...
    the accelerometer on the .114 is way way too slow...
    so he is taking the good things about the .114 (i.e. selection box) and the MMS fix from the .86 and putting it on the .109...
    03-11-09 07:47 PM
    Based on reports last night of no keypad, not able to foward mms, I did the same mix before upgrading. Put the .86 mms cod file and the .109 keypad files into the .114 java folder, then upgraded as usual. Been running all day with no problems. Did not have the accelerometer in mind but it is different than .109. 109 was sensitive and fast. With .114 as someone noted, you have to hold the phone almost perpendicular or better to get a fast response.
    03-11-09 07:49 PM
    Added directions to the original post. Main objective was to have the speed of the accelerometer back with the benefits that were brought on by .114
    03-11-09 08:19 PM
    Added directions to the original post. Main objective was to have the speed of the accelerometer back with the benefits that were brought on by .114
    So you have been using this build with a lot of success? Is this using the .109 radio code?

03-11-09 08:27 PM
    So you have been using this build with a lot of success? Is this using the .109 radio code?

If you are referring to the radio code being the one in the in the CDMA folder then yes I am using the .109 I didn't mess with that folder though I imagine either one would work. Would there be a benefit to updating it?
    03-11-09 08:31 PM
    yeah works for me!!!!!!
    wish i could keep the higher platform though, like a way just to get the accelerometer control file(cod) oh well im no computer guy so ill leave it to all the REAL computer guys to figure out what file controls the accelerometer.
    this will have to do, till the next leak.....

or maybe the next release will be an official, theres another thread on here about a 4.8 os and then theres others sayin theres a 5.0 time to wait again.

peace
    D.
    03-11-09 08:31 PM
    yeah works for me!!!!!!
    wish i could keep the higher platform though, like a way just to get the accelerometer control file(cod) oh well im no computer guy so ill leave it to all the REAL computer guys to figure out what file controls the accelerometer.

or maybe the next release will be an official, theres another thread on here about a 4.8 os and then theres others sayin theres a 5.0 time to wait again.

peace
    D.
    Numbers are just numbers as far as I am concerned. I am looking for functionality. Those are speculation till they actually hit the streets at this time RIM probably don't even know what they want to make for their next official release.
    03-11-09 08:37 PM
    If you are referring to the radio code being the one in the in the CDMA folder then yes I am using the .109 I didn't mess with that folder though I imagine either one would work. Would there be a benefit to updating it?
    I believe there would be a benefit to updating to the .114 radio code. Seems like data connection is better. Would you be willing to try it? Problem is that the radio code holds a lot of other things within it too.

03-11-09 08:37 PM
    yeah works for me!!!!!!

peace
    D.
    Platform number doesn't matter. And don't wait for 4.8 it won't be coming for the storm. And 5.0 won't be here anytime this year either so just be happy with 4.7

03-11-09 08:39 PM
    Great job with the hybrid btw. Its a great combination.

03-11-09 08:40 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD