I don't really know much about blackberries, but I've decided I want one. On VZW, which would be the one to go for?
    03-11-09 02:45 PM
    Storm if you want touchscreen or wait for the new 9630 if you want a physical keypad.
    03-11-09 02:49 PM
    Curve is best all around.

But this same question keeps resurfacing every few days. The most recent is here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/upg...rm-now-172978/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 02:50 PM
    If you don't know much about something, WHY do you want it. This applies to everything in life, not just BB's! Don't be a first-adapter (ie the "Storm"), wait and do some research on what device best suits your needs...............
    03-11-09 03:15 PM
    I'd would wait for the 9630?
    03-11-09 03:15 PM
    Here are my 3 recommendations:

1. Curve
    2. Curve
    3. Curve

Have fun with your new Blackberry!
    03-11-09 03:18 PM
    Here are my 3 recommendations:

1. Curve
    2. Curve
    3. Curve

Have fun with your new Blackberry!
    I beg to differ. I would recommend:

1. Storm
    2. Storm
    3. Storm
    47. Curve

My point is that I hope you don't expect to find a definitive answer to such an opinion based question. Go to the store and decide which one YOU feel comfortable with. Not the one that WE feel most comfortable with. You dig?
    03-11-09 03:37 PM
    Curve is the best phone I have ever owned. Some people here at the office have the Storm and seem really happy with it but for me I have just had frustration with it. It really depends on how comfortable you can get with typing on each one.
    03-11-09 03:44 PM
    I beg to differ. I would recommend:

1. Storm
    2. Storm
    3. Storm
    47. Curve

My point is that I hope you don't expect to find a definitive answer to such an opinion based question. Go to the store and decide which one YOU feel comfortable with. Not the one that WE feel most comfortable with. You dig?
    While I agree that the ultimate choice is based on what someone feels comfortable with, I too think the Curve is a better BlackBerry.

The Storm caters too much to the flash & street cred crowd. It's ultimate functionality suffers as a result.

I can't stand the iPhone, but I believe it meets expectations far better than the Storm does.

The Storm is best suited to teens, soccer moms & hip-hop crowd and misses the business functionality needs.

03-11-09 04:08 PM
    Curve is far better than any of them. If you travel internationally you need a SIM (the Curve does not have this available) so in that case get the 8830 Global. Storm will just frustrate you and has a lot of growing to do.
    03-11-09 09:22 PM
    The Storm is best suited to teens, soccer moms & hip-hop crowd and misses the business functionality needs.

If you say so. I'm 38 (not a teen), male (clearly not a soccer mom!), listen primarily to old school R&B (not a hip-hop head), and my Storm serves my "business functionality needs" quite well! What does your Curve do that my Storm won't? I'm not bashing the Curve, but you are validating my earlier point. And for that, I thank you!
    03-12-09 09:17 AM
    Curve is the best phone I have ever owned.
    Me too. That being said...if you don't need a phone at this very moment I'd wait for the 96xx, but that's just me.
    03-12-09 09:54 AM
    Go with the Curve. I agree go to the store and check the devices out. If you email or text heavy. Then the storm will be a pain. Right now. The OS lacks I don't care who you are. Maybe it will get better but, it's far from there. Now if you want to wait till around may, there will be a newer style BB for verizon.(A new style curve).

But I agree with the above. You and only you may like something. Others like my self may feel different or use devices differently.

Good luck.

Curve is my choice.

03-12-09 10:02 AM
    I would wait as well.

03-12-09 10:04 AM
    Go play with them. I detested the storm but love the curve. I would also consider waiting for the bold if it appeals to you.

03-12-09 10:07 AM
    Curve is a good device, this is true. But, it's outdated. It'll be the dinosaur very shortly. The Storm is an OK device, that rim took a stab at. It hasn't fell on it's face but i don't think it's beyond anybodys expectations. It is however Verizon's BEST touchscreen at the moment. (It's a blackberry with a touch screen. Of coarse it's going to be good)

Now, it's not out yet. But i hear GREAT things about the 9630. I would advise you to wait it out a couple months if you're really interested in a blackberry.

I've come to conclusion, typing for me is more difficult on the storm than it is my iPhone, and it's more difficult on my iPhone compared to a regular keyboard.

Take it all with a grain of salt, try them all on your own free will.
    03-12-09 10:08 AM
    Storm is a good phone. It's slick, stylish, and the "cool" choice. But, it has turned into the phone "everyone has". It has its quirks, it's not the most stable and reliable solution, but it still does a good job.

Curve is a great phone. It might not be as flashy, but I never really had a problem with it. Stable and reliable. There when you need it and has all the functionality you need/want from a BlackBerry.

If you're buying for flash and cool factors, wait for the new Curve. If you're buying for consistency and reliability, buy the 83xx Curve. If you just can't wait, get the Storm.
    03-12-09 10:11 AM
    I'm an old fart with a Storm also, AND I'm in IT!

But I agree with what several others have said, go to the VZW store and check out the phones and make your own choice.
    03-12-09 10:15 AM
    If you need a phone right now, I would recommend the curve,just from personal experience. If you go to a VZW store and try the phones out, the right phone will jump out at you.
    03-12-09 10:28 AM
    If you need a phone right now, I would recommend the curve,just from personal experience. If you go to a VZW store and try the phones out, the right phone will jump out at you.
    Agree 100%. I used a Windows phone for 5 years prior to buying a Curve last week, and the difference is unbelievable. Go to a VZW store and make your own decision.
    03-12-09 10:34 AM
    curve is my choice too, but like yester said you have to go to the store and play with both to see what suits you.
    03-12-09 10:38 AM
    I hated the storm. It was almost impossible to send long texts and emails on, without stopping to edit the letter you hit by accident. Still figuring everything out on my curve, but loving it.
    03-12-09 10:39 AM
    This may not help you, but here's part of what's motivating my decision:

I was convinced I'd love the Storm but in facted hated it and most other touch screens when I played around with them. This is purely a visceral, personal reaction and is something only you can decide.

I then got a chance to try a Bold at an AT&T store. I loved it, it has everything I want (or seemed to, in the brief time that I had to try it) but alas, I'm a slave to Verizon until this July. So I tried the Curve. It felt nicer in my hand than the Bold and is marginally easier to lug around because it's a bit smaller. But it doesn't have the one thing I really need, namely the ability to view and edit Word documents (or at least that's what the VZW types told me). Apparently I could spend another $70 and download some premium Word-to-go thing for Blackberries, but I'm not convinced I could do that without screwing up either the app. or the phone. So I'm waiting, either for the Niagara (or whatever it ends up being called) or to jump ship to AT&T and get a Bold.

Bottom line:
    1) See if you're a touch screen lover or not
    2) Figure out what your must-haves are and make sure that both phones have them.

*Cringing while I wait to get jumped on by all the Curve users*
    03-12-09 11:25 AM
    No jumping here. Just an attempt to point out that Word editing is not native on any BlackBerry, including the Bold. Get a Bold & you'd still have to buy a third party app to do editing.

03-12-09 11:59 AM
    goto a store and test it. i have a storm and despite what others have said it does all the business related things i ask of it. you'll just have get used to a touch screen since it is different. with the .109 software i can type nearly as fast as i did with my 8800. plus the bigger screen is AWESOME... i personally would not go back to half screen unless i was forced to.
    03-12-09 12:34 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD