I have absolutely no clue what has happened, but my Storm has suddenly stopped turning off the screen when it is idle. I haven't installed any themes, or anything that would change this. I did change my wallpaper, but that was long before the screen stopped turning off. Now, it just stays on, no matter how long I leave the BB sitting on my desk, without as much as looking at it. If the BB battery would last for a week, I wouldn't mind, but you guys know battery length is not one of RIM's biggest assets.
    Does anyone know how to fix this? Just for the record, I have the correct Options for the Screen/Keyboard set up, so it's not just changing the settings.
    03-11-09 07:35 AM
    It sounds like your screen is going bad. I had the same thing happen to me twice now. Just take it back to the Verizon store and have them swap it out.
    03-11-09 09:15 AM
    Started to happen to me too. In fact mine would either not turn off. Or it would and then it would randomly light up again and stay lit for seemingly no reason. I did a battery pull and it seems fine now. I'm hoping the problem is gone.
    03-11-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD