Ok, I have been looking at switching to Sprint from Verizon. Just a few hours ago I was on the site and had added 2 8330's to "my cart" along with the unlimited everything plan. I just went back to show the wife and poof the curve is not listed at all under phones. Any one have any ideas?
    03-11-09 01:25 AM
    just went to check it out myself and your right, the curve is not there!!..
    03-11-09 02:54 AM
    That's exactly why I came to the boards just now, I was hoping somebody already had an answer...
    03-11-09 03:12 AM
    Also on further review i noticed the
    family everything for $189 all...
    03-11-09 03:18 AM
    I contacted customer support. The Curve 8330 has been removed. Sprint is not selling this phone anymore. They say it has come to the end of the line.
    03-11-09 06:38 AM
    They are still selling the Pearl. Something is amiss here. They have to be coming out with a new BB to replace the Curve. I just don't get it?
    03-11-09 06:43 AM
    So, they did away with the curve 8330, but still sell the 7100i on the Nextel side alongside the 8350. Even if they plan on upgrading to another new BB for the Sprint side, you would think they would continue selling the 8330 until the replacement model comes available.
    03-11-09 07:09 AM
    That is VERY odd. What do they expect people to do who wanted a phone like this NOW?
    03-11-09 07:19 AM
    Its not EOL - That pure mis-information.

Its probably out of stock because the Curve is a high seller for Sprint.

To the OP Call and check when they be back in stock if its too long then go into a store, I'm sure they have plenty.

Sprint not dumb enough to kill the Curve w/o an upgraded model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 07:33 AM
    I contacted customer support. The Curve 8330 has been removed. Sprint is not selling this phone anymore. They say it has come to the end of the line.
    Its not EOL - That pure mis-information.

Its probably out of stock because the Curve is a high seller for Sprint.

To the OP Call and check when they be back in stock if its too long then go into a store, I'm sure they have plenty.

Sprint not dumb enough to kill the Curve w/o an upgraded model.

Well, I wouldn't thing that it would be EOL w/o a replacement, but you would think they would tell the CSrs what they were doing, but then again...
    03-11-09 07:40 AM
    Why would they remove it from the site if its just out of stock? Seems kind of odd to me.

03-11-09 09:03 AM
    yeah, doesn't really make sense
    03-11-09 09:21 AM
    Whatever the reason for removing seems like a backwards move; esp if there's no replacement for it as someone else has said. But let me also add, this isnt the 1st time Sprint has done this. They've removed phones from their site, and then a few days later, the phone reappears.
    03-11-09 09:28 AM
    I'm currently trying to get a rep to find out where it went, as I'm a "new" customer

Edit: Ok -- so the online reps suck balls...they know nothing and tried to push the 8830 on me. Telling me what an "awesome" phone it is -- better than the curve....yeah that was useless, but at least I tried...I'll go see my friend who is a rep later this afternoon, as I have to pay my husband's cell phone bill at the same time...I'll report back later
    Last edited by prncssmelissa; 03-11-09 at 09:40 AM. Reason: new info
    03-11-09 09:35 AM
    that's not very helpful of them lol
    03-11-09 10:01 AM
    Why would they pull it from the website if it was just out of stock? Wouldn't they just put a note on there that says "Out Of Stock" ?

03-11-09 10:08 AM
    I just got off the phone with Brad from my local store. He was great to talk to and assured me that he has a few 150-200 in stock and can't imagine it being EOL. He stated that the Curve is the hottest phone for Sprint!

Since I work in IT I can imagine some JR Web Admin making a mistake...
    03-11-09 10:19 AM
    All, they changed the SKU on it, from what I have heard. It should be back up shortly. This was not a good thing to hear first thing this morning when we got in...they pulled it from our ordering system too. It is NOT discontinued: It is NOT being replaced. They are just monkeying with the SKU's right now.
    03-11-09 10:20 AM
    As i stated before in other post Sprint is coming out with several new models for blackberry.The website may have taken it down by mistake if it was out of stock it would say it like they did the htc touch pro head down to a store you'll be good.
    03-11-09 10:25 AM
    I just confirmed; they are updating the SKU. They are also putting the 4.5 OS on them. they WILL be back shortly.
    03-11-09 10:31 AM
    FWIW, the online Sprint chat rep told me the 8330 was discontinued.

Don't know about the quality of that info....
    03-11-09 11:40 AM
    Again, I have a direct link to the folks that pulled it. It will be back; it has NOT been discontinued. Think about it; its the most popular device out there; that would be shooting yourself in the foot. They are reworking the SKU, that is all. EDIT: They are saying the SKU is End of Life; THAT may have caused confusion for the rep...the 8330 is NOT EOL though.
    03-11-09 12:06 PM
    wow.. i just whent to the sprint site and nothing i dont see it there and i was about to get one ...
    03-11-09 12:11 PM
    Stopped by a store this morning, they had em in stock and are expecting more. 8330 is a top-seller there, and they are making some clerical changes, so not to worry.

03-11-09 12:21 PM
    This happens to basically every phone Sprint releases at some point (and the response from people is always the same).

You can find the same type of threads about the 755p, Sprint Mogul, etc... They re-stock for some reason and people start claiming EOL. They aren't going to stop selling the newest BB in their line and still sell older versions...
    03-11-09 12:23 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD