Hi y'all

It has become apparent that many forum members with the 8900 have different amounts of browser icons on their phone.

My Orange UK 8900 has only 1 browser icon........ i think......he says ???

What am i missing or why is this the case????

What are the different browsers for and which if any, is best ?
    03-10-09 05:05 PM
    You should have an Orange world browser, an internet browser and a hotspot browser.

You will perhaps only have one browser icon though. (like on my Bold)

You set your default (usually internet browser) at options > advanced options >browser. This can be changed at any time.

The internet browser (Blackberry browser) is best for downloads. Hotspot browser is for wifi obviously.
    03-10-09 05:13 PM
    My BB Browser does everything for me.
    03-10-09 05:20 PM
    I have 3 browsers...BB, Opera Mini 4.2, and Bolt. And yes, I use each one for something different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 05:36 PM
    I have 3 browsers...BB, Opera Mini 4.2, and Bolt. And yes, I use each one for something different.

What do you use them for?
    03-10-09 05:45 PM
    I downloaded Opera Mini 'cause I heard it was better than stock BB. I use it and BB interchangably and don't have any preference.

Why should I try Bolt, and are there any pitfalls to having all these browsers?

03-10-09 05:49 PM
    is opera mini any good for bb? i used it on win mo phones before and wasnt that impressed
    03-10-09 05:54 PM
    I use the stock BB browser and OpreaMini. I'm still getting used to opera since i just got it a few days ago, but so far it seems to be faster, i just need to get used to the slightly different layout.
    03-10-09 08:03 PM
    I use the BB Browser and Opera Mini. Some say Opera loads quicker, but I honestly can't notice a difference. To me, most web pages look and navigate better on Opera, but there's still a couple that work better with the native browser. Also, my online banking doesn't work with Opera. I tried Bolt for a week, and just couldn't get used to the navigation.
    03-10-09 11:11 PM
    BB Browser and Opera Mini myself. I'm gonna give Bolt a shot, see what it's like.
    03-10-09 11:19 PM

Same here.

03-10-09 11:24 PM
    i have 3: BB browser, Opera, and Bolt

i preferred Opera on my old 8320 but i quite like the new BB Browser. i haven't used Bolt much because i didn't care for it after my first impression
    03-11-09 01:20 AM
    One... the BB browser.
    03-11-09 01:30 AM
    I use Blackberry and Opera browser. One neat thing about Opera you can synchronize Opera on your PC with Opera on the Blackberry and they synchronize over the internet. You can have access to your favorites from Opera on PC on the Blackberry.
    Doc
    03-11-09 01:33 AM
    i use both the bb browser and opera and are great!
    03-11-09 02:03 AM
    I have the default BB, Opera Mini 4.2, and Bolt. Overall, Opera seems to work the best, but for speed Bolt's seems to be fastest.

-AM
    03-11-09 03:51 AM
    I like the native bb browser right now. But I use Opera for different things. I'm not really interested in bolt
    03-11-09 08:19 AM
    I mainly use the Opera Mini browser because it is faster and I just like the layout better, but sometime you'll need to use the BB browser to download programs. Bolt is ok, still needs a little work in my opinion.
    03-11-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD