:: DatasheetPro :: Download MSM7600 datasheet PDF download :: QUALCOMM Incorporated :: MSM7600 Chipset Solution

After reading the processor datasheet for the storm, I got a serious hardon. Its the same processor that's going to be used in the 9630. Then I realized ... Its a strong possibility that current storm OS's we've been using (official and leaks) don't use the processors full potential. Possibly because its being coded in right now in the future builds. I'm talking about the graphics acceleration and multi sounds issue.

Audio:
    • Support for stereo output up to 48 kHz
    • PureVoice� Audio AGC (automatic gain control) for better calls, especially
    under noisy conditions
    • Digital audio support for MP3, AAC, aacPlus, Enhanced aacPlus, AMR-WB/+, Windows Media Audio and
    RealNetworks Audio
    • CMX� multimedia software for customized ringtones, screensavers and greeting cards:
    - MIDI-based voice (up to 128 polyphony)
    - Playback support for compact MIDI, General MIDI, SMAF™ (audio only), SP-MIDI,
    XMF/DLS and MFi
    - Scaleable Vector Graphics (SVG) Tiny
    • QConcert™ surround-sound engine and QAudioFX™ enhanced gaming audio for positional audio
    • In-call concurrency allows for simultaneous music play and voice call
    • QUALCOMM Audio Post Processing functionality
    • Enhanced echo cancellation for full-duplex calls
    • Fourth-Generation Vocoder™ (4GV™) voice codec to provide network operators
    with the flexibility to prioritize voice quality and network capacity
    We all know as its stands right now, the storm can only play 1 sound at a time ... I'm speculating that somewhere in that datasheet for audio, one of those bullets means it can handle more than 1 sound at a time. It does seem like a "placeholder" type implementation of sound playback just to allow 1 sound at a time on a rushed release. "Does it play sounds?" ... "Check"

Graphics Acceleration:
    • Advanced 2D/3D graphics support with up to 4 million 3D triangles per second,
    and 133 million 3D textured pixels per second fill rate
    • Q3Dimension™ rendering engine with OpenGL� ES-compliant 3D graphics
    • Supported by leading third-party game titles
    • Dedicated hardware accelerating the entire 3D rendering process
    • Up to Video Graphics Array (VGA) resolution
    Open GL ... 3D Graphics? ... Sounds like Graphics Acceleration to me

Now just in case you want to bring up wifi and its in the datasheet but not on the 9530's ... Wifi is on the 9520's ... The term "Support for" means its an option

... I need to change my pants
    Last edited by zeiroe; 03-10-09 at 05:11 PM.
    03-10-09 05:02 PM
    I could only hope for something this positive
    03-10-09 05:13 PM
    The Storm is an amazing piece of HARDWARE for sure.
    03-10-09 05:17 PM
    Yea it's been known that the OS is the Storms Achillis heal. Besides the 128mb application memory, the device is solid!
    03-10-09 05:19 PM
    Yea it's been known that the OS is the Storms Achillis heal. Besides the 128mb application memory, the device is solid!
    The 128mb application memory is an OS limitation as well, I think there is 1gb total on board memory available. There is only 128mb because that is all that OS 4.7.0.xxx allocates.......
    03-10-09 05:25 PM
    Still within the 30 days to return my storm...what to do, what to do
    03-10-09 05:28 PM
    Still within the 30 days to return my storm...what to do, what to do
    get the jesus phone and jail break it
    03-10-09 05:59 PM
    get the jesus phone and jail break it
    I would never! haha
    03-10-09 06:05 PM
    Thanks for the erektion!
    03-10-09 06:23 PM
    I love the title of this thread. Good stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 06:25 PM
    Someone spoke about this before a while back....not to take anything away. But pretty much explained how they weren't using the features to their full potential and that one day we could get an update that makes the Storm seem like we have a COMPLETELY different device in our hands.
    03-10-09 06:38 PM
    Rumor has it RIM is working on version 5.0 for the Storm (and other later model BBs, Bold for example), maybe that will reveal more of the devices potential.
    03-10-09 06:54 PM
    god i hope they tap this power... i want some playstation games on my phone! lol
    03-10-09 07:12 PM
    Can anyone say DOOM!
    03-10-09 07:23 PM
    one can only hope. however, to play devil's advocate, they seem to be moving at a pace that dictates this will not be a reality for some time. surely there have been many leaks along the way but, as usual, its the 2 steps forward and 1 step back.
    i hope they are allocating their resources to a new OS like this phone is capable of handling and just keeping the updates to the current platform to keep us entertained until that becomes a tangible product. just my opinion. thanks for posting as it seems there is hope yet.
    03-10-09 09:43 PM
    one can only hope. however, to play devil's advocate, they seem to be moving at a pace that dictates this will not be a reality for some time. surely there have been many leaks along the way but, as usual, its the 2 steps forward and 1 step back.
    i hope they are allocating their resources to a new OS like this phone is capable of handling and just keeping the updates to the current platform to keep us entertained until that becomes a tangible product. just my opinion. thanks for posting as it seems there is hope yet.
    THIS
    03-12-09 11:20 AM
    something tells me that we're not going to see any leaks of the really good stuff for awhile yet.... At least until the next official 4.7.xxx is released. Unless the next official release is the really good stuff and hits us all by total surprise.
    Last edited by Dave12308; 03-18-09 at 11:42 PM.
    03-18-09 11:38 PM
    I'll put money down right now that you won't see half that stuff on this played out Java platform. It's just too weak. Java should have stayed where it worked best... as small web based apps language.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 12:27 AM
    adobe should be play the cell phone business and make a all FLASH phone xD hahaha that would cool. (off topic)

good quoting of the Hardware. makes the stuff look cool.
    03-19-09 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD