Im sure this has been discussed before, but i was wandering about possible using the storm without clicking the screen. I like the feature but sometimes i would like to just touch what i want to click. kinda like the new mac trackpad. I have read this is not possoable.However i have recently downloaded guitar hero world tour and everything on the game you simply touch no clicking required. Even on typing. So just curious if this could be done for the regular operation of the storm....

Thanks in advance!!
    03-10-09 12:08 PM
    Unless they change the main OS to "No Click" you are stuck.
    03-10-09 12:57 PM
    Im sure this has been discussed before, but i was wandering about possible using the storm without clicking the screen. I like the feature but sometimes i would like to just touch what i want to click. kinda like the new mac trackpad. I have read this is not possoable.However i have recently downloaded guitar hero world tour and everything on the game you simply touch no clicking required. Even on typing. So just curious if this could be done for the regular operation of the storm....

Thanks in advance!!

you can use Opera Mini for that "no click" effect
    03-10-09 01:01 PM
    I have read this is not possoable.However i have recently downloaded guitar hero world tour and everything on the game you simply touch no clicking required. Even on typing. So just curious if this could be done for the regular operation of the storm....
    From my understanding is this is possible within a 3rd party application... that application can be programmed to accept selection instead of depressing the screen to "click" (such as you see in GH). What they are saying is not possible, is to make that work with the standard OS features, such as the keyboard. That would have to be done by RIM, as developers don't have access to control that layer of the OS.
    03-10-09 01:11 PM
    what differentiates the storm from other smartphones with touch screen is the 'click' function of the screen, if you remove that, then it becomes an iphone! i dont want an iphone, I WANT A BLACKBERRY STORM
    03-10-09 01:25 PM
    what differentiates the storm from other smartphones with touch screen is the 'click' function of the screen, if you remove that, then it becomes an iphone! i dont want an iphone, I WANT A BLACKBERRY STORM
    claps claps lol exactly!
    03-10-09 02:05 PM
    I would def. get it. I'd love this feature. Maybe do split OS' and you choose either one. Or trigger a mode in a new OS.

And to reply to above poster's quote, suretype is a great function, but sometimes it is not so responsive.
    03-10-09 02:10 PM
    Despite what everyone has been saying, this is possible.

Somebody would need to develop an app that runs in the background. And this app would have to monitor the touchscreen for a touch and force whatever is touched to react in the way it would if clicked.

There may already be something in development called Anti-Click. Although i can't find it anywhere there seems to be a user or 2 who swear they already have it and that a full version will be released in late march or at latest early june.

i hope so!!!
    03-10-09 02:43 PM
    I would 100% get it. But what do you think about my idea, making the new os have a new option, touch technology, or Sure Type technology.

Or just make split OS'.
    03-10-09 02:46 PM
    Well for some people it my be easier to do some things without the click, so stop being such an iphone hater because the click screen doesn't always come in handy. Also the device should be as user friendly and accommodating as possible so there should be a feature to disable the click

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 02:55 PM
    I wonder if people go to other phone forums and ask about wanting click screens like the storm has?
    Personally, when I come across apps that don't use the click to select, I tend not to use them because I bought the storm for this feature, and have grown to like it much more than the iphone like touch without click interface.
    03-10-09 03:02 PM
    that would be nice
    03-10-09 03:03 PM
    it does not become an iphone at all. wtf?

actually it becomes a storm that you can type quickly with
    03-10-09 03:05 PM
    CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! CLICK! Its not a storm without it.
    03-10-09 03:24 PM
    Hey Walcom..... Check me on this but I think he was asking because HE wanted to disable the click on HIS phone.... He wasn't asking if you still wanted the click on your phone. And to say that simply disabling the click will make the storm an iphone???????? Seriously?????? There are a TON of differences between an iphone and a storm. That should go without saying! Also, I HATE the click screen myself. I would LOVE to disable it somehow.... The only thing I liked about the iphone WAS the keypad. Everybody has preferences. It was a valid question and one that should be answered instead of criticized. Good day
    11-09-09 02:22 AM
    If you gave people a choice, the "click" would die a slow and painful death. It is a gimmick, and nothing more. Most would choose not to use it.
    11-09-09 02:30 AM
    I love how 8 months later, the thread comes alive...

While I do believe it would have its benefits to have a "touch" storm, in replace of a "touch + click" storm, thats the selling point. If you want a touch phone, get the iPhone or lower Vu, Impression, etc. Now if you want the TRUE touch phone experience, go with the BB storm, the FIRST EVER touch + click phone.

I bought the storm for the click. I would have gotten the iPhone if I wanted touch only...!

PS - Bearcat, how's the droid?
    11-09-09 02:54 AM
    I'm all about the click!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 06:47 AM
    PS - Bearcat, how's the droid?
    I think that you'd like it.
    11-09-09 06:06 PM
    Click on the virtual keyboard is amazing! However in some applications it is unnecessary: for example it is uncomfortable to select and click on the BB browser, especially in small areas.
    If there was an utility to deselect / select the click in various applications would be an additional option! And this does not necessarily make it an iPhone!
    12-20-09 03:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD