Are there any antivirus software for Blackberry Bold? Many thanks for your info.
    03-10-09 04:50 AM
    I'd be interested to know as well. But to be honest, getting a virus on your BlackBerry is kinda rare. And even it does happen, then the user is mostly at fault. It's all about being aware of what kind of information you're requesting to be displayed on your device.

Nevertheless, it's certainly not a bad idea for getting an antivirus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 05:14 AM
    I don't know about any, but I recently learned that when using BBFileScout to browse through the files on your BB, that it is the only way for you to delete any virus files if you do happen to get one.

Chris
    03-10-09 05:16 AM
    There's no anti virus for blackberries because there are no known viruses for blackberries.

03-10-09 08:37 AM
    I think its just a matter of time before someone w/too much time wrights one. Where there's software, there's a **** that wants to f*** up everybody's day.

03-10-09 09:14 AM
    Dun think bb users will ever need a anti virus.
    Even if required, think the wm users will need it first

03-10-09 09:16 AM
    There's no anti virus for blackberries because there are no known viruses for blackberries.

Not true. There is a thread in here about BBFileScout and the who created the topic was talking about him getting a couple viruses and how BBFileScout allowed him to remove the files.

Chris
    03-10-09 03:13 PM
    never knew viruses existed for blackberries...what are some of the symptoms?
    03-10-09 03:52 PM
    Not really sure since I never experienced one. You could find the OP of the BBFileScout topic who had a few viruses on his and ask him.

Chris
    03-10-09 03:56 PM
    I think that person had a windows virus, and whenever he hooked up to his PC, the A/V was going crazy because it didn't have write permissions to his handheld.
    03-10-09 04:15 PM
    I think that person had a windows virus, and whenever he hooked up to his PC, the A/V was going crazy because it didn't have write permissions to his handheld.
    Who knows, either way he said he ended up with a few nasty looking .cad (I think) files on his Bold that he was unable to deleted just through the media section of the menu.

Chris
    03-10-09 04:24 PM
    This is probably why RIM protect a lot of the key classes, because it makes malware writers have to register with RIM to get access to classes that will make the software obnoxious, and even if they do get them or someone to sign their malware for them, there's a paper trail back to the original signers.

I think signing classes and charging developers is obnoxious like that, but at least it has that above side effect...
    03-10-09 04:28 PM
    Symantec/Norton, AVG, or someone will make a virus for mobile devices so they can make a ton more $$$ selling programs that will block them. Of course their program will eat up all available free memory on the device.
    03-10-09 04:32 PM
    I am using Yahoo messenger and chat with my friends, suddenly one of my friends sending me a message with some link to some website. I am curious so I asked my friend if he did send that link to me, he said not..!
    I don't know if that link is a virus or not, but I rather not try to go for it.
    So this is just my sharing, whatever that link is, if you receive strange message please be careful.
    Thanks a lot guys!!
    03-11-09 09:58 AM
    Who knows, either way he said he ended up with a few nasty looking .cad (I think) files on his Bold that he was unable to deleted just through the media section of the menu.

Chris

.cod files are Java files. The virus may have been written initially to infect mobile phones generally or windows.

The virus didnt affect the user's handset in anyway except that it was detectable through the removable media card in windows and the access wasnt granted to disinfect.

there are no viruses or rootkits written to infect the RIM OS to my knoweldge so antivirus for blackberry is superfluous (theres no definitions due to there being no viruses).

Windows viruses spread to removable media sometimes/.

BBfilescout isnt an AV App, its an advanced "Explorer" application for BB.

Hope this clarifies somewhat
    03-11-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD