Was out today when there was an accident in front of me. Everyone was slamming on their brakes and going every which way, when I plowed into the back of one of the fleeing cars. My car was totaled. I hit my head pretty hard and hurt my neck and back. I was wearing my seatbelt, but the airbags didnt go off, so I went a little too far. Anyway, my 8900 was sitting next to me in the passnger seat. When I hit the car I saw the BB fly up, hit the dash and then the windshield landing in the back seat. I kid you not, NOT A DAMN SCRATCH and it still works perfectly. Now as for my head. Damn this thing hurts!
    03-09-09 10:31 PM
    Ahhh, H-Town...yep, that explains it.
    03-09-09 10:34 PM
    OUCH! Very sorry to hear that! Houston traffic is crazy for sure. I hope you went get yourself checked out at the hospital.
    03-09-09 10:34 PM
    Damn that sucks (for you, not the BB).. feel better
    03-09-09 10:35 PM
    Ahhh, H-Town...yep, that explains it.
    I resemble that remark.

OP, glad you're okay.
    03-09-09 10:38 PM
    Hope you're OK Cartoon. Good news that your 8900 took it like a champ!
    03-09-09 10:38 PM
    Im ok. Thank you for the kind words everyone. God was watching over me for sure. It could have been a lot worse, that is for sure. I even made a few emails while waiting for the police and ambulance to show up.

And yes, Houston traffic blows.
    03-09-09 10:40 PM
    Im ok. Thank you for the kind words everyone. God was watching over me for sure. It could have been a lot worse, that is for sure. I even made a few emails while waiting for the police and ambulance to show up.

^^ Understatement, of the year.
    03-09-09 10:45 PM
    Err.. ambulance? Hope the C-Collar and the longboard werent to painful to be on

03-09-09 10:46 PM
    Wow, this stinks...I hope you feel better...definitely get yourself checked out!
    03-09-09 10:49 PM
    Wow glad you and your berry appear to be okay. Take good care of yourself.
    03-09-09 10:51 PM
    Would I rather have my car totalled and a possible head injury or my Blackberry damaged?

Tough call.

Hope you feel better soon. I'm glad at least the Blackberry came out of it okay.
    03-09-09 10:52 PM
    Oh whenever there is any kind of accident, in Houston, ambulances and police show up. It's just protocol. They, also, have to block as many lanes of traffic as possible. And, if possible, just close the freeway/street altogether. It's like an unwritten law.
    03-09-09 10:53 PM
    Hope you're ok! Shame about the car, good news about the BB though.. I won't be trying this out myself though.. Best recovery to you!
    03-09-09 10:53 PM
    Oh, been there done that whole deal. Didnt go this time. They checked me out and said I was good. If I have too much pain for the next couple of days I'll go to the dr. It was more or less the side of my face that "knicked" the steering wheel. No concusion. I think Im more angry that I got the ticket! WTF?

03-09-09 10:54 PM
    Oh, been there done that whole deal. Didnt go this time. They checked me out and said I was good. If I have too much pain for the next couple of days I'll go to the dr. It was more or less the side of my face that "knicked" the steering wheel. No concusion. I think Im more angry that I got the ticket! WTF?
    Yeah, don't you just love that? Just because you rear-ended the guy, you get 'failure to control speed' or 'failure to yield'... Even if there was no way to avoid it. Unfortunately, the insurance companies are the same way.

Oh, and I forgot about the obligatory 12 wreckers showing up blocking traffic even when there's only one car involved...
    03-09-09 10:58 PM
    That sucks, well the accident portion. What area was it in, maybe I drove past saying another ***** (sorry if I did, didn't know it was you lol).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 11:02 PM
    It was on 610 South right after you go over 59.

That sucks, well the accident portion. What area was it in, maybe I drove past saying another ***** (sorry if I did, didn't know it was you lol).

03-09-09 11:07 PM
    Oh definitely. All of the above happened.

Yeah, don't you just love that? Just because you rear-ended the guy, you get 'failure to control speed' or 'failure to yield'... Even if there was no way to avoid it. Unfortunately, the insurance companies are the same way.

Oh, and I forgot about the obligatory 12 wreckers showing up blocking traffic even when there's only one car involved...
    03-09-09 11:08 PM
    well you're lucky that you survived the accident... And as for the curve not having a scratch on it, my friend dropped my previous curve on tile flooring, battery door and battery flew out and not a nic or scratch lol...

03-09-09 11:19 PM
    If I were the police I would have given you a ticket for not having your 8900 in a restraint. Buckle up your BB!

03-10-09 03:36 AM
    Im glad you are okay... to heck with the phone... even if it did break, its replaceable. You are not!
    03-10-09 06:22 AM
    If I were the police I would have given you a ticket for not having your 8900 in a restraint. Buckle up your BB!

hahahahahahhahaah

Glad to hear you're ok bro. And not having to pay for another 8900 is awesome too!
    03-10-09 07:34 AM
    Cartoon -- hope you're feeling better soon, I would still seek medical within 48hrs just 'cause you may have a pinched nerve.
    03-10-09 08:12 AM
    Houston Traffic... what can I say.. when I first moved here I was in 3 wrecks all withing a 4 month period. Had to have my front end redone twice!!! UGH!!
    03-10-09 08:44 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD