Is there any way to control what options come up when you hold down the menu key to open the application switcher? When I hold down mine, it brings up choices that I rarely (i.e. "Phone") or never (i.e. Blackberry Messenger) use. And it doesn't bring up some of the things that I would really like to see there, like my SMS folder or calendar. It seems to choose some of the things that I access frequently, which makes sense, but it's bizarre that it chooses things that I haven't even set up, like Blackberry Messenger.

Many thanks.
    03-09-09 03:43 PM
    thats just a list of whats running...you need quick launch...its pretty much a task manager and you cannot close those apps...they are always open...and shame on you for not using bb messenger!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 03:47 PM
    Those are the apps that are running they are not random and why dont you use BBM its the best!!!!
    03-09-09 03:48 PM
    Those are the apps that are running they are not random and why dont you use BBM its the best!!!!
    (1) Why would I use Blackberry Messenger if none (=zero) of my friends are using it? Seriously? Does anyone use this?

(2) I didn't realize that these were the applications that are running, because BB Messenger is listed and I have never used it. But sure enough, when I clicked on it in the application switcher, it appeared that it was partway through installation, waiting for me to hit "ok." Wow, that annoys me. It has been running all this time, needlessly. I just uninstalled it.

(3) As to the other apps, after resetting my device, I see that the following are still listed (and therefore apparently running on some level):

- Browser
    - Phone
    - Epocrates
    - Google Maps

I know why Epocrates and TalkLock are running. Those make sense to me. But why the others?

(4) I just Googled and read about QuickLaunch. That looks like a must-have. Suits my minimalist style perfectly.
    03-09-09 10:46 PM
    Certain applications (such as phone, BBM, Browser, and Messages) are always open, whether you're using them or not. If anything else is there, and you don't want it to be, then open up that application, hit the menu button, then Close (or Exit depending on the app).
    03-10-09 12:20 AM
    yes the red end button does not close an app. to close it you need to hit the escape key or press the bb button and click close on every app. those few apps always stay open, i dunno why but they do. and if you do not close apps after you use them, then it will waste battery and free memory so do not forget about those.
    03-10-09 12:53 AM
    The application you are looking for is called quick launch... You press it and a list of your apps come up and makes it easy to toggle between apps.. Very nice app. I believe its $4.99 but worth it.. Sounds like that's what your looking for
    Last edited by bigloswc; 03-10-09 at 01:16 AM.
    03-10-09 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD