Hi guys and gals..

Ok..so I guess I am out of my depth here but all I want to do is download some ringtones and transfer some music to this awesome piece of kit..problem...I cant!!

I have downloaded the desktop manager software to my laptop and when I click on media manager it sayd connect via usb (but I have already plugged it in) and it wont do anything!!!!!

I am new to all this but maybe there is something I am doing wrong..all I want it ringtones nd music for now...is that too much to ask..
    Can anyone offer some help to a frustrated newbie?

Cheers

Mikey
    06-16-07 12:13 PM
    -Restart your CPU
    -Try plugging it into another usb port
    -Make sure the handheld software also is running in the background
    -Detect the usb port using the handheld software

Try those things one by one and see if that helps...
    06-16-07 12:21 PM
    From the device: options / advanced options / media card - make sure it's on! Also, when you connect, a message will show on the device "do you wish to enable mass storage mode", select YES!

Also, in desktop manager, go to options / connection settings / make sure USB is selected!

Hi guys and gals..

Ok..so I guess I am out of my depth here but all I want to do is download some ringtones and transfer some music to this awesome piece of kit..problem...I cant!!

I have downloaded the desktop manager software to my laptop and when I click on media manager it sayd connect via usb (but I have already plugged it in) and it wont do anything!!!!!

I am new to all this but maybe there is something I am doing wrong..all I want it ringtones nd music for now...is that too much to ask..
    Can anyone offer some help to a frustrated newbie?

Cheers

Mikey
    06-16-07 02:44 PM
    OK, I'm sure I'm missing something basic, but I can't find WHERE to put the dang media card in with my Curve! Anyone????? Please!!
    06-16-07 10:25 PM
    Hi guys..well I was successful in downloading ringtones from this site to my curve and some music tracks too

my next question is...can anyone give me an idiots guide to setting up my curve to get emails etc and how I go about doing it?

thanks guys

Mikey
    06-17-07 04:32 AM
    Easiest way, click on the 'setup internet email' from the device itself. It's basically next, next, next, from there...
    06-17-07 05:29 AM
    Easiest way to get Ringtones on your phone:

1. Go to our Growing Ringtone Gallery - Free BlackBerry Ringtones

2. Find a Ringtone you like

3. Click the link that says "Email This Ringtone". Put in the email address that goes directly to your blackberry.

4. You'll get an email on your blackberry. Open it, and click on the URL within the email.

5. The ringtone will open in your berry's media player. From there, click the berry key, and you can save it directly to your Ringtones folder.

6. While saving to your ringtones folder, you'll have the option to "Set as Ringtone". Or you can go back to your profiles and set it up to playwhenever/however/for whoever you like.
    06-18-07 07:37 AM
    OK, I'm sure I'm missing something basic, but I can't find WHERE to put the dang media card in with my Curve! Anyone????? Please!!
    Take the cover off your Curve, take out the Battery, it's above the SIM card.
    06-20-07 10:27 PM
    The ringtones will work on the 8300 correct? Even though some of the lists don't have it listed as a compatible device?
    06-22-07 07:48 PM
    I go to phonezoo.com it's awesome.
    06-23-07 03:47 PM
    how do i change the ringtones for my text messages on my blackberry curve 8310?
    12-31-08 01:40 PM
    I am also new to BB curve8330 and I feel like i'm missing things on my phone....I followed the directions from naviwilliams about making sure my media card is on....except when i hit advanced options there is no media card to be found???? This phone is wonderful however a bit frustrating in things such as ringtones!!! Any help as far as using the media manager and downbloading ringtones would be much appreciated!!!
    01-13-09 10:12 AM
    I'm also having an issue with my ringtones. Here's my problem: i downloaded a lot of ringtones that i wanted and had no problem with viewing them or assigning them to contacts and other functions such as sms, facebook, etc.

However, once i formatted my media card, i went to the DM and moved all of my ringtones to the media card instead of the device memory...now, all the NEW ringtones I download to my phone, i can't find them! I can still see all the old ones, but all the others, nowhere to be found. I went to profiles>advanced>menu>show ringtones, and the ringtone is there, but when i go to media>ringtones>my ringtones or all ringtones, they aren't...can anyone help??
    01-13-09 10:25 AM
    I set up the Desktop Manager. My media card is all set up in the phone. But i cant for what ever reason get ringtones on my phone. Whenever i go to transfer them I get a message saying that there isn't enough room on the disk?? What disk is it refering to and what do I can do to fix it.

Help anyone??
    04-14-09 01:14 PM
    Thanks Kevin--a great tutorial that even I could follow...And it worked!
    Doc
    05-05-09 11:38 AM
    Hello...I'm a newbie at this site and I have downloaded some ringtones from the free site...some work and some don't. When I check in media they are not there, but when I got to "attach as a ringtone" they show with a 0KB. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    05-28-09 04:39 PM
    Go check out wap.free-ringtones.ie on your phone browser to download free tones directly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 07:04 PM
    WOW! When you put in media card the phone recognizes you inserted one, if it says nothing it is in wrong. Once it is in correct as soon as you connect the phone to the usb, the phone asks right away if you want to enable mass storage mode....just be patient everyone and quit pushing buttons before reading what is on the screen first. I would start by getting ringtones free from crackberry using email. It is impossible to incorrectly receive a ringtone via email.
    05-28-09 07:10 PM
    ok I understand all the directions to download ringtones but when I go to click on the URL it goes to "the requested page can not be displayed" EVERY TIME!!!!!!!

I have also saved these URL's but can not find them anywhere on my BB

Help!
    Kim
    Last edited by KimNWick; 05-29-09 at 11:25 AM. Reason: To let everyone know that media card is in properly
    05-28-09 08:49 PM
    I am also new to BB curve8330 and I feel like i'm missing things on my phone....I followed the directions from naviwilliams about making sure my media card is on....except when i hit advanced options there is no media card to be found???? This phone is wonderful however a bit frustrating in things such as ringtones!!! Any help as far as using the media manager and downbloading ringtones would be much appreciated!!!
    Do you have a media card? It is a separate accessory? If you do and it can't be read, it may be defective. Try: Media>Menu>Explore>Media Card>Menu>Properties.
    05-29-09 07:12 AM
    Sorry. A shorter route would be Options>Media Card. I don't know why I insist on doing things the hard way. Guess it's a personality flaw.
    05-29-09 07:16 AM
    Once you have the media card installed, formatted and mass storage mode enabled, you can just drag and drop MP3s to the Ringtones folder in Windows Explorer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 07:45 AM
    Important to note.. if you do go the route of putting the ringtones on your media card, you can not have it plugged into USB and mass media mode when you actually try to assign the ringtones and everything, and if you have mass media mode on, your ringtone will be the default ringtone from the phone till you unplug the usb cable. Since when mass media mode is enabled the phone is unable to access the micro SD card to pull the ringtones from it..
    05-29-09 09:10 AM
    when i open the email from crackberry the url is not underlined therefore i cant click on any ideas
    12-23-09 06:04 PM
    I also tried to do this but the link that was sent to my blackberry email was not "clickable" (sorry im very new to the BB world) I have the 8830 and am more than lost, any suggestions?

Kim
    08-29-10 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD