I've had three... First a Canadian, then a Mexican and now, I just got another Canadian one.

First, I waited in the cold on Novemeber 21 outside my local VZW store to get my hands on one of the first batch of Storms to be released in the US. I took the day off for it and it took the entire day because the store kept losing its connection to the corporate system. They said it happened "everywhere" but who really knows.

My point - I am loyal to the product... I just expect it to be as loyal to me.

So after a moderate amount of dust collected under the glass (many complaints about this are around various forums) I asked VZW for and was granted a replacement device.

My original device was Made in Canada, the replacement was made in Mexico. It has exhibited a problem with the microphone. People could not hear me so I asked for a replacement.

That phone, my third Storm just arrived and upon opening it I looked to see where it was made... in Canada again.

I am curious if I am alone or just really picky. I look forward to replies, but like I said I have a brand loyalty here... this is only a curiosity.

With regards.
    03-09-09 01:49 PM
    I have only had one, and no problems so far. well other than minor slowness. :-)
    03-09-09 01:50 PM
    Just one. Made in Mexico, although I think all the hype about where it was made is bogus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 02:05 PM
    My phone was made in Canada and the date on the box is October 28, 2008 I havnt had any problems with the phone other than a very little amount of dust under the top left corner but is completely invisible unless the screen is blank and its under light.

So im still running great on phone #1
    03-09-09 02:12 PM
    Just one. my opening day Canadian model.
    03-09-09 02:16 PM
    1 and she is holding up nicely!!!

03-09-09 02:17 PM
    One and working like a jewel. **knocks on wood**
    03-09-09 02:35 PM
    I'm on number two. Nobody could understand me on my first one. Not even the vzw rep and she could see my lips moving as we were in the store togther talking on the phone. New one is getting along swimmingly though. It clicks a helluva lot better too.
    03-09-09 02:35 PM
    Just one and few problems. Mostly caused by human error.
    03-09-09 02:38 PM
    I've had 4 since the release date. The 4th one has been a charm though, its been working well for about 2 months now.
    03-09-09 02:51 PM
    Just one for me. And that's all I need. =)

03-09-09 02:54 PM
    Still on m y first from Nov 21st, opening day! My wife is still on her first as well.
    03-09-09 03:11 PM
    second .. the first one wouldn't open web pages
    03-09-09 03:13 PM
    just 1.. i take care of it lol or i got luck cuz i got no technical problems with it
    03-09-09 03:21 PM
    4. the first 3 didn't even last a week each. one of them wouldn't even click. and this one i have still has problems but i am too worried that the next one will be worse to trade it.
    03-09-09 03:24 PM
    I've had three... First a Canadian, then a Mexican and now, I just got another Canadian one.

First, I waited in the cold on Novemeber 21 outside my local VZW store to get my hands on one of the first batch of Storms to be released in the US. I took the day off for it and it took the entire day because the store kept losing its connection to the corporate system. They said it happened "everywhere" but who really knows.

So after a moderate amount of dust collected under the glass (many complaints about this are around various forums) I asked VZW for and was granted a replacement device.

My original device was Made in Canada, the replacement was made in Mexico. It has exhibited a problem with the microphone. People could not hear me so I asked for a replacement.

That phone, my third Storm just arrived and upon opening it I looked to see where it was made... in Canada again.

I am curious if I am alone or just really picky. I look forward to replies, but like I said I have a brand loyalty here... this is only a curiosity.

With regards.
    Picky? You want a device that works without defects. I don't think you are being picky at all. You just want a quality device. Verizon is usually pretty good too when you have patience for support, so hopefully you find your perfect match!
    03-09-09 03:26 PM
    Im on my second one. First one had a faulty mic.

Running 103/106 hybrid with zero issues.
    03-09-09 03:27 PM
    Number three for me... I Love the Storm and not switching to a different device for a while. I think this one will do what I wanted without too many issues.

Listed in my signature is my history with the Storm(s) lol...
    03-09-09 03:35 PM
    i've had one too so far...no problems. (knock on wood)
    03-09-09 03:43 PM
    One but i have do have OCD with it - im always clearing app memory loading new OS's and deleting all the preloaded crap
    03-09-09 03:47 PM
    One. Had since 18 November here in the uk. And love it

03-09-09 04:11 PM
    Only one and it arrived at my door on Nov 26, manufactured in Canada
    03-09-09 04:24 PM
    I've on my first storm, got it for my birthday (february 13). In the month I've had it I have no major problems, even after I had two bad drops.

03-09-09 04:25 PM
    I have had 6 storms already, waiting on my new one
    03-09-09 04:30 PM

With regards.
    First one

03-09-09 04:30 PM
78 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD