I've had the new 8900 for about a month and a half now (yes I'm a Tmo business customer) and for the life of me can't get the FireThorn Mobile Banking software (for Regions Bank among others) and of all things the CNBC icon to work. CNBC just crashes with an uncaught exception (although my ESPN icon works) and the Mobile Banking software says Unable to Connect. Defintely have data service and even tried connecting to WiFi as well. I am using the correct APN as my MidpSSH tool connects just fine. Anyone else having these issues? My old Curve worked just fine.

Thanks!

Josh
    03-07-09 05:56 PM
    Try a battery pull. Also check to make sure these apps are compatible with the 8900.
    03-07-09 09:22 PM
    Definitely check to see if they are compatible... all of my mobile banking apps work on my 8900
    03-07-09 10:23 PM
    Yea, I've checked, at least I think so. My bank says the 8900 by Tmobile is supported and for the the CNBC icon has to be. I've tried a battery pull, even tried a new version of the OS. Anyone else have these issues or know a workaround?
    03-08-09 12:13 PM
    I am having the same problem. Pulled out battery with no luck. Problem started after I tried to download Pandora. The CNBC icon was working fine before.
    03-19-09 06:17 AM
    Uninstall them, reboot, then if you really must have them try reinstalling them again, reboot and then try to use them.
    03-19-09 06:22 AM
    I have uninstalled both of them (Pandora & CNBC icon). Pulled out the battery and tried to reinstall CNBC icon but still having problems. Before trying to install Pandora the CNBC was working fine. Any other suggestion (master reset?)
    03-20-09 05:47 AM
    A master reset might work. From my experience when receiving an "uncaught exception" error its usually a software glitch. It could be a theme, the OS, the icons, unfortunately it is very hard to determine exactly which of these it might be. I recommend re installing
    the OS whether its the new one, or you revert back to the .114. That shuld work, if not you might just be one of the lucky ones to receive a defective device. I'm sure t-Mobile will replace it for you.
    Hope this helped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 06:07 AM
    Yeah... what theme are you running??? shouldn't matter... but you never know
    03-20-09 08:38 AM
    Got the CNBC icon to work again. Opened the BB browser, pressed "J" to enable support for Java, downloaded the CNBC icon and ran it without any problems. I am not an expert but the only step that I did different was to press the shortcut "J" to enable Java support. For those having the same problem please let me know if it works. The icon version is 1.0
    03-20-09 10:40 PM
    thanks for the tip, got that to work, now just to figure out the mobile banking application!
    03-29-09 06:04 PM
    thanks for the tip, got that to work, now just to figure out the mobile banking application!
    Are you still having issues? At what point do you have issues with "Unable to connect"? Have you checked the application permissions for MobileBanking? Make sure that MobileBanking application can connect to the Internet.

Colin
    04-07-09 08:31 AM
    It has full access in the permissions area I've tried with the firewall enabled and without (giving it the allow access when the firewall is on). I've removed and reinstalled a few times. It definitely seems like it can't connect to the network but it has the same settings as the other app's I have (Allow for all) and they all work fine.
    04-07-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD