everytime i try to watch youtube videos on my 8900 w t mobile 9 times out of 10 it crashes my berry.

im just using the standard issue player.

is there a better player or settings i could change to have this happen less?
    03-07-09 12:41 PM
    What os are you on. I know there has been random problems for people between different os.. I had no trouble on .152 or .168
    03-07-09 12:55 PM
    I'm hit or miss. Some vids play fine, other crash. I see there's a new OS out (174) but no on seems to be able to get a complete dl yet.
    03-07-09 12:56 PM
    apparently 4.6.1.114?
    im with t mobile if that helps.
    can you tell me how to upgrade?
    03-07-09 01:10 PM
    Check out the 101s on upgrading, a LOT of useful info there.
    03-07-09 01:41 PM
    It was really a hit or miss for me as well. But recently I came to realize, when I was connected to a wifi, it wouldn't crash, but when I was on EDGE it would crash from time to time. Possibly an issue with memory overload?
    I have yet to try an OS upgrade, but hoping that would resolve the issues.
    03-07-09 02:32 PM
    ya i was watching videos this morning on youtube and it was fine... picture kinda sucked lol...but still worked, but at work it crashed every other time...kinda sucked...A LOT
    03-07-09 03:13 PM
    Weird, my phone crashed for the first time today and it was while watching youtube. I'm using .133.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 05:28 PM
    i wonder when ther will be a youtube app and if when it will fix this bugg.
    03-07-09 05:59 PM
    I'm on .114 and it crashed my phone and I'm on Edge network.
    03-16-09 04:29 PM
    anyone tried it with .174?
    03-16-09 04:33 PM
    I've noticed that if it's on wi fi it won't crash, it plays great actually. But if I am not hooked up to wifi and just using EDGE it crashes or takes fooooreeevveer!!
    B
    everytime i try to watch youtube videos on my 8900 w t mobile 9 times out of 10 it crashes my berry.

im
    just using the standard issue player.

is there a better player or settings i could change to have this happen less?
    03-16-09 08:08 PM
    Same here. No prob on wifi but edge crashes

03-16-09 09:14 PM
    this happens to me too. ...it happens when i start scanning or forwarding the video or messing around going back and forth from the full screen to normal size while video is playing...it turns off.....help........when I just let it play not messing around while its playing everything seems to go well....any solutions confirmed
    03-25-09 02:27 AM
    Ok this is another post about youtube. Upgrade os and problem fixed

03-25-09 06:04 AM
    Hey,

I did some searching because the same thing was happening to me and I came across a post on the internet. (Sorry I don't remember what site, but I do remember what to do.)

First go to Options/advanced options/... click on TCP/IP and change the APN Field to read as follows

APN:wap.voicestream.com

Leave APN setting enabled Checked and APN Authentication Unchecked.

Save it and that should do it.

I can see youtube without being connected to wifi and it wound shutoff on me.

Try it let me know.

Blessed_Wes
    03-25-09 03:38 PM
    I'm glad someone posted this, this has happened to me numerous times. I'm sure they will make a youtube app eventually. Or the next official OS update will probably fix it for sure. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
    03-25-09 03:43 PM
    Hey,

I did some searching because the same thing was happening to me and I came across a post on the internet. (Sorry I don't remember what site, but I do remember what to do.)

First go to Options/advanced options/... click on TCP/IP and change the APN Field to read as follows

APN:wap.voicestream.com

Leave APN setting enabled Checked and APN Authentication Unchecked.

Save it and that should do it.

I can see youtube without being connected to wifi and it wound shutoff on me.

Try it let me know.

Blessed_Wes

will this affect any other settings on the phone? i dont want to mess up settings for a different app or other things on the internet just for youtube.
    03-25-09 04:39 PM
    mine crashed watching the damn filet o fish video. haha. is there a way around this so i can watch youtube stuff but not crash my phone, cuz we all knows that it takes a year and a half to start up again
    03-25-09 06:58 PM
    Upgrade your OS.
    03-25-09 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD