1. Is there a way to tell how much memory an app is taking up? I go to applications and it only tells me the verision.

2. What apps do I really need? I'm having memory issues and it says I only have about 14mb is that about right? The only extra apps is have is espn soccernet and beejive. But what do I need to have the phone running the lag I have been experincing lately has been horrid. Thanks for the help and any response

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 12:25 PM
    When connected to Desktop Manager it will show the application file size. In terms of what applications to have installed, that is an individual decision. A battery pull will free up application memory. While your device is powered on, pull out the battery, wait 30-60 seconds and then reinstall the battery. As well, here is a tutorial to help with freeing up application memory: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...rry-smartphone
    03-07-09 12:40 PM
    try updating to the newest os 4.5.131
    03-07-09 12:58 PM
    try updating to the newest os 4.5.131
    Can you tell me if that one is newer then the 4.5.0.77 i am running. And should i update?? I just got the phone so i thought it would be running the latest version
    03-07-09 08:08 PM
    Can you tell me if that one is newer then the 4.5.0.77 i am running. And should i update?? I just got the phone so i thought it would be running the latest version
    When you open the blackberry desktop look at the right hand corrner and it should say check for updates! Check there! Also you can go blackberry.com then support and services then click the pearl!
    Last edited by aerin1322; 03-07-09 at 10:00 PM.
    03-07-09 09:57 PM
    That is the current software available for Verizon Wireless phones. I know the other one is considered "leaked" for a few subscribers since it has not passed their general testing yet. If you want to play it safe keep the one you have. If you are a gambler (well not really much to gamble since a wipe handheld will fix the new software sometimes) then go for the "leaked" software.
    Last edited by kelso.unamerican; 03-08-09 at 12:29 PM.
    03-08-09 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD