Hey guys, I recently bought my curve but I'm already looking at moving up . I like the storm, its a cool looking phone. I was playing around on one in the Telus store and the screen didn't seem to pick up exactly where my finger was. I haven't had enough time to look through it all so I figured I'd ask. Do you think its worth the money for the phone? Or is it just popular because its touch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 09:48 AM
    You'll get a whole host of opinions in response to that question

For me; yes - it's well worth the money. My wife always said that she thought my blackberry was overcomplicated and "way more phone" than she would ever need.

She has had her Storm for a week now and is completely in love with the device

So for what it's worth, there are 2 happy Storm owners here in Illinois, USA.

Good luck!
    03-07-09 09:54 AM
    Im a Storm owner, depending on the deal you get, I say yes and no. Not worth the full retail price. If you get deal like I did, (straight trade 8330 Curve for the Storm), then yes. Or anything like the BOGO sale Verizon had or $199.
    03-07-09 09:58 AM
    With what sales they are running now I would say definitely yes. I love my storm. One of my favorite phones ever.

03-07-09 10:03 AM
    Well depending the phone companies buyer's remorse policies, you may be able to do a trade in for the storm and just pay the difference.(the particular one that I work for is 30 minutes of usage or 30 days).

As for my opinion on the Storm, I highly recommend it. A++ BlackBerry
    03-07-09 10:10 AM
    For the Verizon (despite your not though) those Buy One Get One Free BlackBerries are so nice it's well worth it.

Even without that though, the Storm is worth it. Just look at my sig of what I recommend! While you need SOME patience with its slowed up OS -it is still a great product and it has a bright future.
    03-07-09 10:13 AM
    I love my storm. Well worth the money

03-07-09 10:13 AM
    Worth every penny! Even though my company paid for mine plus my service. (I'm in IT. Gotta have the latest stuff) but I love it, I have got rid of my zune (hate ipods. The one I owned always froze) and my personal phone. The other BES admin in my company tossed his iphone away and went with one of these

03-07-09 10:20 AM
    I've only had my storm a few days now but I'm already in love.
    03-07-09 10:23 AM
    Don't mean to hijack the thread, but a quick question - does anyone know how long the BOGO is going on? My contract is up in May, but i doubt it would last that long. Can't wait to pick up a Storm, it will be my first Blackberry.
    03-07-09 10:23 AM
    The Storm is my first BlackBerry ever and once I updated to .103 and now .109 OS I am completely happy. Also, knowing that .140 and possibly higher is already being tested makes me even more excited about the potential of the Storm.
    03-07-09 10:26 AM
    I saw somewhere that the BOGO end March 31
    03-07-09 10:28 AM
    Like sikpupi said, you're gonna get a lot of responses...

Is it worth it like a heart transplant is worth it? Probably not. Is it worth it like chroming out your bike and getting a flame paint job? TOTALLY!

This is my first BB and smartphone. I know there are issues with the OS and some people have hardware issues, but I can't believe it's not going to get better over time. I'm shamefully addicted to it, actually.

I don't use it professionally ATM so I can't comment on it's reliability in that sense. I haven't dropped a call or not been able to have a long conversation on it. I get all my e-mails that aren't filtered out by my host (so I don't see junk mail). Going online is easy and glorious with this screen. Music plays very well on it, tho streaming video really sux. It's fun to pull out anywhere and know that people are looking over your shoulder to catch a glimpse of it in action. But the novelty will wear off over time.

I guess that's the key to deciding if it's for you or not. Once the novelty wears off, will it be something that you're comfortable with and find useful?
    Last edited by Squeegee; 03-07-09 at 10:31 AM.
    03-07-09 10:28 AM
    For me Blackberry is the best solution - I use it for work and play - they are good phones that work with little to no problems.

I bought my storm when it first came out and love it. I am running the .109 beta os and while it has its challanges (they all do) I am very pleased with it.

If your are looking for iPhone features and functionality, buy an iphone; if your looking for a pretty damn cool blackberry, buy the Storm.
    03-07-09 10:35 AM
    The Storm's in any store, or any tough screen are ALWAYS beat up. You have literally hundred of people on them and I am sure the store replaces them rarely. When I played with the ample in the store and then a real one that was owned by someone it was night and day.

Also upgrading to .109 makes the thing screaming fast.
    03-07-09 10:38 AM
    Hey guys, I recently bought my curve but I'm already looking at moving up . I like the storm, its a cool looking phone. I was playing around on one in the Telus store and the screen didn't seem to pick up exactly where my finger was. I haven't had enough time to look through it all so I figured I'd ask. Do you think its worth the money for the phone? Or is it just popular because its touch?

i personally think my is worth the money... but then again, i bought it during the verizon/blackberry promo "buy one, get one". i sold my curve on ebay and made more than what i paid for the storm. so... to me it is worth it. there are things i miss about my curve (like buttons) but the apps for the storm and the overall features are lovely.

to this day, i wouldnt downgrade back to my curve, unless the storm completely stopped working. also, because i sold it. haha.
    03-07-09 10:43 AM
    No, it is a complete rip off, it is very slow and buggy.
    03-07-09 10:44 AM
    Don't mean to hijack the thread, but a quick question - does anyone know how long the BOGO is going on? My contract is up in May, but i doubt it would last that long. Can't wait to pick up a Storm, it will be my first Blackberry.
    from what i heard through research for myself, and a friend, the storm BOGO offer is ending the middle to end of this month.

i wasnt eligible for an upgrade but they allowed me to do it anyways if i got all of the accessories. i didnt care either way because i was going to anyways. haha. the curve has a mini usb while the storm has a micro usb. basically, you cant use the same cables/chargers from the curve to the storm.

so.... get it today!
    03-07-09 10:57 AM
    Stick with the Curve, you'll regret going to the Storm, just like I did!
    03-07-09 10:59 AM
    The thing about the blackberry storm is that you have to "fix" the phone when you get it . What I say is that you should upgrade to the most stable Os (I am going to stay with .103 till the next leak) and a torx6 and a pin. What you do is that you get get the Os then whas you do is open the back and you'll see a screw and eight across from it you'll see a negative sign. With the pin gently remove the negative sign. An identical screw will appear. With the torx6 unscrew the screw one and a half times. Close the storm and your storm will work perfectly

03-07-09 11:00 AM
    I think it is well worth it. I actually have two for myself...I know, I am an addict. I use one mainly for navigation.

You have to go into it knowing that it is not perfect but there are always improvements making it better.
    03-07-09 11:02 AM
    from what i heard through research for myself, and a friend, the storm BOGO offer is ending the middle to end of this month.

i wasnt eligible for an upgrade but they allowed me to do it anyways if i got all of the accessories. i didnt care either way because i was going to anyways. haha. the curve has a mini usb while the storm has a micro usb. basically, you cant use the same cables/chargers from the curve to the storm.

so.... get it today!

yeah, it sucks...my fiance is on T-Mobile right now and I, embarrassingly enough, am still on my parents plan on Verizon because i recently graduated from college. Both of our plans are up in May and we plan on getting a plan together. I am currently unemployed so we can't really afford to pay cancellation fees blah blah blah. We both plan on getting Storms, though she doesn't really care, she just wants a fancy iphone type phone.
    03-07-09 11:03 AM
    Does anybody know if the storm will give a better signal strength than the curve. I live in an apt building and I get terrible service on the complex and I do not want to get a landline.
    03-07-09 11:03 AM
    If you want Verizon... you just can't go wrong with the 30 days, try it and return it deal. Here's why:

You will never know until you spend time with it what YOU think. I know what -I- thought BEFORE I had a storm. I was called a Storm hater, and while there are some serious drawbacks to the device, only YOU can judge if they are a deal breaker for YOU.

Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun telling people who thought the storm was god's gift to the wireless industry that they were high on Verizon Brownies and drunk on RIM kool-aide... (because they were...) .... but again, YOU have to decide for YOURSELF.

I think the analogy was made before, but this is like dating... if all you do is sit back and ask your buddies who have pretty girlfriends if they are happy with a pretty girlfriend... you will never get to experience it for yourself. Reading about it here is like p0rn... lots of fun, shows and tells you a lot, but you need a month of hands on to know how she feels to you.

You can look around plenty of places for pro/con comparisons of the Storm. One thing, you will NEVER be as fast at anything on a Storm as you are on a Curve or Bold, but you will look good while being slower and a little less reliable.
    Last edited by jdoc77; 03-07-09 at 11:21 AM. Reason: changed that to what. ;)
    03-07-09 11:13 AM
    i'd say it is woth it, my storm is useful in all the aspects , i can listen to music wwhen im taking a shower ( lol )/ radio, at work im on the road cuz i have to go and set up tents for parties in diferent parts of ny but the good thing is that im not driving so i can just watch a movie in my bb...

check the phone out. in verizon u can try it for 30 days if u dont like it just get another1 the problem is that it cost of 30 usd to change another phone
    03-07-09 11:21 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD