I know its not a huge deal, but my trackball is all black and nasty looking. Is there a way to either clean or replace the trackball? My brother got a new Curve and I am envious of his nice bright ball. LOL
    03-07-09 09:48 AM
    Lol there is another post on cleaning and how to take out the trackball.. I think its under the main menu.. Shoot just do a mass search of the forums or check out youtube

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 09:52 AM
    go to the store they do it for free!
    03-07-09 10:37 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

03-07-09 10:41 AM
    i took my trackball apart and tried to clean the ball, but it still looks pretty dirty. i also cleaned the rollers which had cotton fibers wound around them. it was really easy to take apart but it took me 2 hours to put it back together and it still isn't very clean nor does it functin like new.

while i had fun taking it apart and seeing how it worked, there are metal tabs that bend and break pretty easily. plus, it is very tiny. if you're not into details you won't like the project. if your hands are shakey or huge it may be difficult as well. if you go for it though...good luck!

i suggest ordering one from cnn.cn. inexpensive and you just drop the whole assembly in. i just ordered one and i'm waitng for delivery.

Cellular Accessories - Dopod/O2, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, 3G, BlackBerry, Microsoft, Mobiado, Apple, Too
    Last edited by chrisy520; 03-07-09 at 10:52 AM.
    03-07-09 10:42 AM
    That's why I used to buy trackballs in bundles. If they got too dirty, just trash the old one and replace it. Won't have any issues with the 8900 trackball since its black.

03-07-09 10:49 AM
    hmm, that's a good idea. i should have ordered two. oh well, i'll probably be getting a new bb in august.

i hope the one from cnn.cn works well.
    03-07-09 10:51 AM
    Cleaned my trackball few times but it looks about the same...I think I'm going to just order the colored one...

03-07-09 10:54 AM
    Their trackballs are good! That's where I get mine from.

03-07-09 10:55 AM
    cool, thanks for the input skullgame!

if they had a black one i would have ordered that because the white (now off white) annoys me a little.
    03-07-09 10:56 AM
    Are the black ones out of stock already? Haven't ordered any in a few weeks. They got colored ones too, if I'm not mistaken.

03-07-09 10:59 AM
    oh wow! i just checked the site again and now i see a lot of different colors for my 8330! i swear that when i ordered i only saw red! too bad...i like the yellow! isee blue, purple, red and yellow now. BlackBerry 81xx/82xx/83xx/88xx/89xx/90xx purple trackball- Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, Dopod/O2, Alcatel, BenQ-Siemens, LG, NEC, Apple, HTC,
    03-07-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD