I tried to use Crackberry's resizing tool and another online resizing tool and when I have an image that is smaller, I get nothing other than an error. I actually have Photoshop Elements (but know only very basic functions). Is there a way to resize a wallpaper formatted for a Curve to be formatted for a bold?
    03-07-09 08:18 AM
    Wallpapers are measured in Pixels... Both the Curve and the Bold are 480 Pixels wide. The Curve is a little taller (360) vs the Bolds (320). If you have a Curve Wallpaper you like you can "trim" the top and bottom off to fit your Bold. I don't have PS Elements, but you can most likely find the edits in the toolbar along the top of PS elements. I have PhotoShop so they might be similar:

1. Open your photo.

2. Then go to the "Image" --> "Resize" --> "Canvas" option and open it - Canvas actually trims your picture.

3. You should see some boxes with numbers - If it defaults to "inches" or another measurement, change it to "Pixels"

4. If you have a wallpaper formatted for the Curve 8900, then the pixels will probably say 480 in one block and 360 in the other - change the one that says 360 to "320" - this will trim the height. You might cut off too much on the top or bottom so you can play with this to trim just the top or bottom to get the image where you want...

hope this helps - this is hard to do without showing you on the actual computer....
    03-08-09 12:11 PM
    Just reread your post and it sounds like you want to "grow" your picture.. If you have a picture that is too small then do this:

1. Open your photo.

2. Then go to the "Image" --> "Resize" --> "Image" option and open it - With Image you can actually grow your picture.

3. You should see some boxes with numbers - If it defaults to "inches" or another measurement, change it to "Pixels" to see how big your original is. If it is less than 480x320 then you need to "Grow" the picture.

4. You DO NOT want to increase the size in one step because you will loose quality of the picture - you want to grow it 10% larger at a time. This helps keep the quality better. To do this you should still be in the "image" box, but now change the measurement from Pixel or Inches to "Percent" and type in "110". This grows your picture 10% from the original size. You might need to do this step a few times until you get the image large enough. You might need to trim it down with the instructions I gave above..

Confused yet?
    03-08-09 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD