I have this beautiful camera on my 8900 but whenever I choose to upload a photo to Facebook, it comes out looking like crap on my profile page like it was taken with a VGA camera. What gives??
    03-07-09 01:10 AM
    I noticed that too, I just guessed it was the fb mobile app that compresses the image.
    03-07-09 01:15 AM
    I have this beautiful camera on my 8900 but whenever I choose to upload a photo to Facebook, it comes out looking like crap on my profile page like it was taken with a VGA camera. What gives??
    cheak your email options...
    03-07-09 01:37 AM
    Yeah I figured it was likely a compression thing. It's really a shame. Maybe the new FB app will be better at it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 01:54 AM
    does it look like crap on your phone or on your computer? or both? maybe your image quality display on your phone is on low.

Last edited by Siefer999; 03-07-09 at 02:05 AM.
    03-07-09 02:02 AM
    Try sending an MMS to mobile(at)facebook(dot)com (not an email!)

This does not allow for on-phone tagging and the captions (subject) are messed up (you get HTML tag <span> added) but image quality is terrific, as if you uploaded from home..

For the sake of convenience, I just use the post to FB option... so easy... but quality sucks, OH WELL, it's not like the FB app itself is any better.
    03-07-09 07:10 AM
    Are you charged for this?
    03-07-09 07:15 AM
    Yeah I figured it was likely a compression thing. It's really a shame. Maybe the new FB app will be better at it.

Is there a new FB app coming out soon? Because this one does suck.

03-07-09 07:58 AM
    Are you charged for this?
    Yes at your MMS network charge.
    03-07-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD