If you don't know, you can control the music player with the flip closed.

Mute Button: Play/Pause

Volume Buttons: If you hold the volume buttons either way, you can go back and skip tracks.

Volume Up: Next Track

Volume Down: Previous Track

Try it!

If this has been stated I'm sorry... Haven't been on in a while. Just FINALLY got out of training class and tried this by trial and error.
    03-07-09 01:07 AM
    ^good lookin' out I've been using mine "mounted" in the car/truck for MP3s/slacker.
    03-07-09 01:25 AM
    yup i seen many places that claim to know phones and say that flip 8220 has no controls externally if closed.... nice work for those ppl that claim they know...
    03-07-09 06:05 AM
    Yeah I know one of the things people said they didn't like about the flip was because of the lack of external music controls. And like I said before I found this out by trial and error. I thought I'd share this revelation to my Crackberry bretheren.
    03-07-09 08:25 PM
    Score another one for our beloved BB 8220 !
    03-08-09 12:55 AM
    thank you! i've been wondering this for a while. i knew it happened by accident before but i couldnt figure out what i had done.
    03-21-09 06:15 PM
    you can do the same when the phone is open, thats also nice to use when your in a different program
    03-22-09 08:11 AM
    Woohoo, now that I know that, my wife will want one... she loves the external controls on her Samsung Beat but it seems like the 8820 won't disappoint her either - I've had one for less than 2 weeks and she already tried to steal my beloved Flip/Kickstart to play sudoku on it

Thanks for the tip, now I'm browsing the forums on what to do with the external display beside showing the clock
    03-22-09 12:00 PM
    nothing that I know of and I wish you could do more
    03-22-09 01:09 PM
    The Mute and Volume buttons have been the controls on all BlackBerry� devices that have a media player. This is not specific to flips.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 07:17 PM
    You guys don't read the manual right?
    03-24-09 09:29 PM
    Yeah, wait 'til people figure out what the silver button on the headphone cord does.

They're not Easter eggs, folks. Every single button and icon is explained in the manual.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD