Anyone else had any issues sending mms to a verizon phone? Been having this problem for a while and alltel has no clue. I recieve mms fine from verizon but they can not recieve from me. My outbox shows sent also.

Is this an isolated case? Thanks!
    03-06-09 05:30 PM
    I would think it would work going to Verizon...but anything is possible....

This is a quote from an older post on here. Maybe this will help.

When I take videos on my phone they are saved as a *.3GP format. When trying to send them to anyone outside of Alltel they don't recieve them and get the msg. "attachment dropped".

I noticed today that when I get a video from someone outside of Alltel I get the video in *.3g2 format and can see it fine. For a test I took one of my videos copied it to my computer, renamed the video to *.3g2, copied it to the phone and then sent it out to Verizon & Sprint customers as a MMS attachment and it worked just fine

I worked with a Verizon customer here in the office and checked out his phone. His videos are on his phone in *.3GP format as well, but when he sends them MMS I don't know if it is the phone or his carrier converts the file to the *.3g2 format?

For some reason either the Alltel BB's or Alltel themselves are not converting the file when sending MMS video attachments?

Until I can find/figure out more if you want to try sending video mms attachments outside of Alltel try going to Media then menu button and go to explore. Explore to your video location, highlight the video that you would like to send. Click on the menu button then rename. Change the *.3GP to *.3g2 and save it. You should now be able to send outside of the Alltel network.
    03-07-09 12:44 PM
    Same problem here. I get mms messages from verizon fine, but they get a blank mms message from me.

I sent one to my friend (verizon) and my cousin (alltel), my cousin got it fine but not my friend until my cousin sent it to him then it worked.

Neither of them have Blackberrys and they have no problems with sending messages to each other.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 01:08 AM
    This has been a problem where i live for the last 2-3 months, and if you go in and ask anyone they just shrug their shoulders and say "i dont know". I recieve messages from my verizon friends all the time, right away usually, no problem. Yet when i send them back, be it pics, vids, what ever, they usually show up blank, or never show up at all, some times it takes a few days before they even show up blank for them.
    03-10-09 12:46 PM
    I would think it would work going to Verizon...but anything is possible....

This is a quote from an older post on here. Maybe this will help.

When I take videos on my phone they are saved as a *.3GP format. When trying to send them to anyone outside of Alltel they don't recieve them and get the msg. "attachment dropped".

I noticed today that when I get a video from someone outside of Alltel I get the video in *.3g2 format and can see it fine. For a test I took one of my videos copied it to my computer, renamed the video to *.3g2, copied it to the phone and then sent it out to Verizon & Sprint customers as a MMS attachment and it worked just fine

I worked with a Verizon customer here in the office and checked out his phone. His videos are on his phone in *.3GP format as well, but when he sends them MMS I don't know if it is the phone or his carrier converts the file to the *.3g2 format?

For some reason either the Alltel BB's or Alltel themselves are not converting the file when sending MMS video attachments?

Until I can find/figure out more if you want to try sending video mms attachments outside of Alltel try going to Media then menu button and go to explore. Explore to your video location, highlight the video that you would like to send. Click on the menu button then rename. Change the *.3GP to *.3g2 and save it. You should now be able to send outside of the Alltel network.
    I posted this awhile ago, and still having issues with Alltel. I've had a case open with them since the 23rd of Jan. and I continue to call at least every other day. Had someone claiming to be an engineer call me two weeks ago and left me a voicemail telling me he was working on the case and I could call him at ######... I've called about everday for the last 2 weeks and have not gotten any response.

Just called in again today. They tell me the case was closed, that they found the problem was with Docs to Go... I called BS! I've tried it with/without DTG and no difference. I escalated to someone claiming to be a supervisor and suppose to hear something back by monday 3/16 at the latest.
    03-12-09 11:00 AM
    That is weird since the only carrier that I have ever had problems with sending/receiving SMS/MMS is Sprint/Nextel. They are the worst sometimes a SMS wouldn't show up to their phone for a day or two.
    04-13-09 11:45 AM
    i have the same problem with my neighbor, she is on Sprint and the soonest she will get my SMS is 8 hours later.
    04-13-09 11:53 AM
    The Video thing worked for me, but has anyone figured out a way to get just a plain 20 second mp3 clip to send to a Verizon phone without the attachment getting dropped? I looked at one I saved that came from a Verizon phone and the extension doesn't change.
    10-10-09 08:19 PM
    Has anyone figured this out. My daughter has Verizon and sends me ringtones but I am unable to send her any. It says the attachment was dropped. She has the 8530 Blackberry Curve and I have the 8330 Blackberry curve with Alltel.
    02-23-10 10:11 PM
    can anyone help i have a bb 8330 with verizon(alltel). Every time I try to send out a mms with a audio attachment it drops it for the person that I'm sending to. I have tryed a soft reset and a complete wipe of the phone . I've upgraded it and down graded it. HELP!!!!!!!
    02-28-10 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD