I've been looking all over the net for a blackberry app that would track blood glucose readings (and carbs/insulin if possible). I've seen a bunch for Palm and PPC, but nothing for BlackBerry. Does anyone know of any apps that would provide this functionality?

Thanks!
    02-07-08 03:57 PM
    I did a search for diabetes software and came across your post. I wish someone had something to share! You'd think this would be available. Thanks for asking, good luck!
    05-24-08 10:34 AM
    I too would like something like that. I usually just writing down in a nitebookn but having on my BB would be great! I will check to see if anyone knows of such product

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 02:29 PM
    This would be awesome. Right now I'm tracking in my OneTouch Ultrasmart.
    05-24-08 02:58 PM
    My friend just emailed me this link post back in Oct. 2006 but something should be out by now.

BlackBerry eyed as platform for diabetes diagnostic device - BBHub

This site actually shows a Cingular (now At&t Curve)

Isys Medical Products

An Expert from the webiste:
    "Isys Medical’s initial product offering, currently scheduled for release during the second or third quarter of 2009 subject to FDA clearance, will offer the solution as part of a Pager, targeted at healthcare professionals, a large percentage of whom already use the device on a day-to-day basis. Isys Medical has allied itself with one of the world’s largest manufacturer of pagers, with access to the largest distribution carriers in virtually every major market world-wide."

This is what excited me

Subsequently, Isys Medical will bundle the solution on other communications devices, such as Smartphones, PDAs, like the BlackBerry� from Research In Motion. These will be targeted at healthcare professionals, along with a special offering developed for the end-user. Also planned are stand-alone devices, that will include Bluetooth connectivity to PCs. Information can then be uploaded via secure servers to a patient’s electronic medical record (EMR), allowing Isys Medical to leverage the

Health Tracker for Blackberry
    Health Tracker for Blackberry : BlackBerry Curve 8330 : Handango

This powerful health tracker will keep record more than one person,in fact as many as you like. Use the Daily Journal to input any notes you wish: blood pressure,weight,body fat,heart rate,blood sugar and much more
    Last edited by rpalumbo; 06-02-08 at 01:42 PM.
    06-02-08 01:28 PM
    I need to know if this will work on 8310 or just 8330, please?

Thanks,
    Arah
    07-15-08 11:55 PM
    There are a number of Excel based diabetes management tools around. Some are free. Try a Goolge search for 'excel diabetes'.

When OS 4.5 is finally released (yawn) there will be the ability to use Excel sheets so maybe this will go a fair way to helping you.
    07-16-08 11:45 AM
    Thanks Pete, I have 4.5 for my 8330 and the documents to go are slick, I never thought about doing a google search, I will have to do it!

07-17-08 03:06 AM
    Yes it would be nice to keep track of it all on a BB, however I will continue to just use my pump to keep track for now

07-17-08 08:54 AM
    I too, am searching for a tracking solution for my blood glucose levels. I used "Diabetes Pilot" for several years on my Treo 600, 650. Diabetes Pilot is an excellent program for Palm OS, but I'm not giving up my BB. I wrote to the owner of DP, and he wrote back saying there are no plans of releasing a BB version.

Man, there are lots of us out here.....you'd think this would be readily available.

I guess I'll google "excel diabetes" and try to figure out that angle.

If anyone comes up with something, please help.
    11-03-08 06:06 AM
    So many devices and info to manage. between the pump and the bg meters, prescriptions, doctor app.. it would be great to find a 3rd party application to manage all this info.
    11-06-08 01:00 PM
    Hi -

I found this link/website @ crackberry while doing my own research:

Mobile Diabetic: Free diabetes logbook software

From the website:
    LogbookFX diabetic diary is a suite of free mobile phone software products for graphing and reporting blood glucose numbers. Enjoy tracking your progression towards better health using LogbookFX daily number graphs and reports that easily pinpoint high and low trends.

Check it out.
    11-07-08 12:20 PM
    thats hot.....
    11-10-08 01:53 AM
    I really rely on the exchange lists for meal planning. I hate carrying around my heavy book that lists all the food exchanges for my diet. Is there an electronic version of the exchange list that I can access on my Curve?
    Thanks
    12-15-08 09:51 AM
    Anything not beta? Geez, if someone had a good app for recording insulin injections and blood glucose levels, I could give up my iPhone altogether!! The App store over at Apple has several applications. BB should be the same way! Just my two cents! ( I hate having both phones with me all the time )
    01-01-09 07:36 PM
    I am a diabetic on an insulin pump and to control my bloodsugar I have to count Carbs. Sooo what I am looking foris a BB Curve app that would be a listing of foods with carbohydrate amounts and possibly with other info on as well dealing with vitamin mineral content. Does anybody know of one?
    02-20-09 10:27 PM
    I saw an app a few days ago that tracked carbs and calories (aimed at the atkins type dieters) at fast food resteraunts. Do a search in the crackberry sw area and google. I wish I could remember the name of it.

02-20-09 10:36 PM
    Hey Ron I don't know if these will be of any help but I found them and wanted to pass them on, good luck!

CONFIDANT, Inc. - Mobile phone-based support for chronic disease management

02-20-09 10:38 PM
    Hi -

I found this link/website @ crackberry while doing my own research:

From the website:
    LogbookFX diabetic diary is a suite of free mobile phone software products for graphing and reporting blood glucose numbers. Enjoy tracking your progression towards better health using LogbookFX daily number graphs and reports that easily pinpoint high and low trends.
    This software is now at version 1.3:

Mobile Diabetic: LogbookFX Free Download
    04-07-09 10:09 AM
    Just got an email from soundtells.com that a glouse tracker has finally been complete for BB users!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found software on Handango!!! $19.95 with free trial.

Going to check it out!!!!:
    04-13-09 03:01 PM
    I am a diabetic on an insulin pump and to control my bloodsugar I have to count Carbs. Sooo what I am looking foris a BB Curve app that would be a listing of foods with carbohydrate amounts and possibly with other info on as well dealing with vitamin mineral content. Does anybody know of one?
    This is not an app, but I use "www (dot) calorieking (dot) com (forward slash) mobile" to track carbs and check other nutritional content from my BB. I eat out frequently so this website works great for me.

Sorry, not enough posts to type the link properly. Or google "Calorieking" to pull up the full website.

04-18-09 09:44 AM
    I know that this is not a app but go to healthengage.com and create a account and put this url into your phones web browser
    healthengage.net/mobile/login
    this is the closest that you can get to having a app on the blackberry its just three clicks to put in your readings
    05-11-09 02:40 PM
    Hey gang...haven't tested the software yet, but here's a link to a Free App. I'm going to test it out and see how well it works.

vClinic DIABETIC / free download

Edit: Doesn't seem to work with the Storm. Can't navigate thru the menus with touch screen....FYI
    Last edited by hdavis70; 06-03-09 at 06:01 PM.
    06-03-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD