Ok so I got my first bb the other day, with yesterday being the first "full" day of using it, and I have to say, I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN! Now that being said, my battery is going to die Do you guys charge your bb's every night?? I have heard that will lead to poor battery life. Any truth to this??
    03-06-09 07:30 AM
    Nope. I charge my BB every night. It will run for about 36 hours before battery level gets critical. Battery life is significantly affected by apps that are running in the background. There are several (BBM, browser, messages, phone etc.) that always run. In addition, I have TMO MyFaves, BBWeather and Youmail always running as well.

Remember the proper way to shut an app is Menu > Close. If you just escape out, the app may continue to run in the background.
    03-06-09 07:34 AM
    I charge it every night on the charging pod, its easier so you are not constantly messing with the usb on the side, those are tempermental and can damage easy, and the pod charges alot faster

The batteries dont like being run all the way down, they love a top up.
    03-06-09 07:35 AM
    I charge mine daily as well.
    03-06-09 07:39 AM
    thanks for the fast replys!! i love this site!!!!!
    03-06-09 07:51 AM
    I charge it every night on the charging pod, its easier so you are not constantly messing with the usb on the side, those are tempermental and can damage easy, and the pod charges alot faster

The batteries dont like being run all the way down, they love a top up.
    Where did you get your pod from? I want something inexpensive but OEM if that makes sense
    03-06-09 08:39 AM
    I got it from the store here on Crackberry. Worth every penny.
    This one

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=vsr2d8pg

my fiance also has the same, and my BFF got the same one too.
    03-06-09 08:43 AM
    Good question? I've got some Amazon gift certificates burning a hole in my virtual wallet and this is something I'd like to get.
    03-06-09 08:44 AM
    I charge mine every night and use QuickPull to schedule a reboot at 4am as well.
    03-06-09 08:56 AM
    You can check open apps by selectin the ALT key and the escape key at the same time (keeping the ALT key pressed, release the escape key).

A little pop up window will open up showing you the running apps. By leaving the highlighted circle on the designated app will allow that particular app to be opened.

You can then select the menu key and choose close to close that app.

As mentioned above, certain apps will not close and will always run in the background. (mail, messenger, phone, web, home)

That way you know what is running and what is not.

msblueline
    03-06-09 09:00 AM
    I use tje charging pod. Love it so much better than plugging in like rach said. It even works in the car charger. Oh and its a rare day I get home before I have to charge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 09:12 AM
    I always heard that charging too early causes shorter battery "memory", therefore shorter "cycles" between charges - esp when using a car charger. What makes these batteries diff?
    03-06-09 09:52 AM
    Different types of batterys here than in *traditional* phones.
    03-06-09 09:55 AM
    I also use the charging pod, I love its shiny look and simplicity, but the front LED is extremely bright on my nightstand.
    Texting a lot seems to run my battery down fairly quickly, but the battery seems to last quite sometime before needing charging!
    What is BBM???

03-06-09 10:02 AM
    This one

Thanks Rach........
    03-06-09 10:03 AM
    You're welcome. The light, as someone said, on the front, is bright, however it makes it easy to see where it is in the dark, it doesnt bother me anymore, or it never did actually.
    03-06-09 10:04 AM
    I always heard that charging too early causes shorter battery "memory", therefore shorter "cycles" between charges - esp when using a car charger. What makes these batteries diff?
    That applies to older nickel cadmium (NiCAD) batteries. BB's (and just about everything else) use lithium ion batteries that don't have battery memory. It's actually better to not let them drain completely.
    03-06-09 10:34 AM
    This one

$11.60 and cheaper at Amazon.
    03-06-09 10:37 AM
    calm down my friend.. I recently got my first blackberry the other day and I too couldn't put it down!! But my battery is awesome! I can't believe after all the downloading I did with it, the battery still had 60% left! No worries man..
    03-06-09 10:40 AM
    Ok so I got my first bb the other day, with yesterday being the first "full" day of using it, and I have to say, I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN! Now that being said, my battery is going to die Do you guys charge your bb's every night?? I have heard that will lead to poor battery life. Any truth to this??
    I got mine yesterday and let it completely die then charged it all the way up. Ive been on my IMs texting and web surfing all day, alsi downloading and my battery hasn't dropped yet. I love the battery. Don't think I've had a battery stay this long.

03-06-09 10:40 AM
    I also use the charging pod, I love its shiny look and simplicity, but the front LED is extremely bright on my nightstand.
    Texting a lot seems to run my battery down fairly quickly, but the battery seems to last quite sometime before needing charging!
    What is BBM???
    BBM is BlackBerry Messenger
    03-06-09 10:55 AM
    I normally charge my phone every night and I also have it set to automatically shut off/on.

I've been doing this for some time with my Curve and I don't believe daily charging wears on the battery at all. I was out with the flu for about a week and the entire time I'd forgotten to charge the phone in the evening.

Thanks to the auto shut off/on my Curve only hit 25% on the morning of the ninth day. I thought that was great ... but I'm easily impressed! ;p
    03-06-09 12:09 PM
    And if you need more battery you can get the extended life battery. But I actually got 3 spare batteries and a extra battery charger off ebay for $20.00 so I just keep spare batteries on me. Comes in handy when I work shifts longer than 24 hours.

03-06-09 12:19 PM
    I also use the auto off/feature and find it is a great way to save battery power. Not to mention, the BB is restarted every morning so it's crisp and clean and ready to go.

Also, I charge the battery often, I like to keep it full. If I am in the car I plug it into the travel charge and if I'm on my laptop I plug it in to the usb.
    03-06-09 12:44 PM
    I also use the auto off/feature and find it is a great way to save battery power. Not to mention, the BB is restarted every morning so it's crisp and clean and ready to go.

Also, I charge the battery often, I like to keep it full. If I am in the car I plug it into the travel charge and if I'm on my laptop I plug it in to the usb.
    Auto on/off does not restart your BB. It turns off the phone and screen, but other things are still active. I think you can even sync your BB when it's turned off.

To restart your BB you can do a soft reset, hard reset, battery pull or use QuickPull.

To really extend the battery live take a look at AutoStandby. It's available in the CB store.
    03-06-09 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD