Hi everyone,

I've had the Storm for about 2 months now and while it's pretty decent, I'm still not thrilled with the performance and I admit I miss the feel of a physical keyboard.

Can anyone who had a Storm and move to the Bold give me their opinions? It's a big switch for me because I have to get pay an ETF and buy the Bold. I want to make sure it's worth it.

How is it performing and do you have any pros/cons as opposed to the Storm?

Thanks.
    03-05-09 10:08 PM
    It's a big switch for me because I have to get pay an ETF and buy the Bold. I want to make sure it's worth it.
    You must REALLY like giving away money!!
    03-05-09 10:17 PM
    I haven't really liked Verizon lately and I've been pondering a switch for a while. Plus, it's cheaper for me and my fiancee to be on AT&T once the fees are paid.
    03-05-09 10:18 PM
    I made the switch about a month ago and I can honestly say I am much happier! I was always waiting for the next upgrade that would make my storm immaculate but then i soon realized that the day would probably never come. I was lucky enough to find someone who was williing to switch my storm (telus) for his bold (rogers). The blackberry bold is the fastest blackberry in the world! I love it and i assure you that you will not be dissapointed.
    03-05-09 11:06 PM
    I as well switched to the bold and sold my unlocked storm. I really liked the look and feel of the storm, but something was missing... It wasn't as polished like everyother blackberry. I made the jump and steped Up to a way better phone! But low and behold, I get an upgrade to my work phone and now got a storm for my work phone. lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 11:12 PM
    I've said this before...

The key word is thinking...

STOP!

Get the Bold!

Best purchase/investment I have ever made.

Well, other then my guns, but that's another forum, lol.

Chris
    03-05-09 11:12 PM
    Just made switch last night after I heard that the 9630 would be smaller than the bold because I love that keyboard. One tip check craigslist u can get on in real nice condition for 300 mine is like new and I unlocked for tmobile . Do it. I love the lack of lag and I actually want to type again.

03-05-09 11:32 PM
    I have said this before ......

Dont leave one carrier to another carrier because you like a phone. If you are happy with your service you may want to try the other carrier before you switch.
    03-05-09 11:33 PM
    I've made the switch from the bold, and it was a good one but i do sometimes miss the storm just not the issues.. i havent had any issues with the bold....well i can't seem to put the thing down but thats not really a issues
    03-05-09 11:57 PM
    battery on bold sucks, not sure about storm but other than that perfect phone
    03-06-09 12:04 AM
    i dont know whats wrong with your battery mine works great! i took it over the charger @ 1pm on 3-5-09 it's not 1am 3-6-09 and i still have three full bars and ive been text and emailing all day.
    03-06-09 12:06 AM
    Battery life is great on 237 :P I sent 1.000 messages yesterday and about 10 phone calls, and 2 hours of music and 18 hours later 40% battery (with 20% screen brightness).

And I have BOTH the bold and the storm. I stopped using the storm about a month ago, and got the bold, and I picked up the storm again yesterday and was like "Omg.... what... the ****! How did I ever buy this one?" and the Storm is a GREAT Phone... so imagine the bold . Get the bold .
    03-06-09 12:07 AM
    Battery life is great on 237 :P I sent 1.000 messages yesterday and about 10 phone calls, and 2 hours of music and 18 hours later 40% battery (with 20% screen brightness).

And I have BOTH the bold and the storm. I stopped using the storm about a month ago, and got the bold, and I picked up the storm again yesterday and was like "Omg.... what... the ****! How did I ever buy this one?" and the Storm is a GREAT Phone... so imagine the bold . Get the bold .
    I SAID THE SAMETHING ABOUT MY STORM THEN PUT IT ON EBAY LOL
    03-06-09 12:09 AM
    I made the move about 3 days ago now after finally giving up on the storm. I had a troublesome 3months and in total had 5 storms all with similar hardware faults so I explained to a Vodafone operator it would be cheaper to send me a Bold rather than keep replacing my Storm and they agreed. I can honestly say I havnt looked back the device feels better built and is more practicable for everyday use.

Last edited by Gez88; 03-06-09 at 08:41 AM.
    03-06-09 02:03 AM
    I agree with all the pro-Bold posts above..... I am currently having a tug-of-war between my Bold and Storm (just picked the Storm up off eBay for a good price then unlocked it), but last night at about 2am I was talking to my friend on MSN when I realised "I can't take this touch keyboard anymore" and I yanked the sim card out and put it back into the Bold..... best feeling in the world!
    03-06-09 02:13 AM
    hmm my battery is perfectly fine...mine last easy 2 days with moderate use and day and a half with heavy heavy use
    03-06-09 02:26 AM
    A co-worker of mine has a Storm. I played with it for a while. To me, it is RIM trying to leave what they are good at and known for, and trying to be an iPhone. Not a good idea. I look at my Bold and can't get the smile off my face. After handling both, I'd say its the Bold... no contest.

Then again, to each their own. Just my .02
    03-06-09 06:28 AM
    Frankly speaking, my bold batt can last me for couple of days.
    Absolutely fantatic!

Not sure if u're aware, the batt life gets better if u calibrate regularly

03-06-09 06:38 AM
    I made the switch from the storm to the bold. I had to pay the ETF for verizon. But whatever. Sold the storm on ebay and using that money for pay off verizon. I'm glad I made the switch. I was getting used to the no wifi on the storm but having it now is definitely a plus. I got used the the keyboard in a matter of minutes on the bold. I'm using the OS the bold came with and probably had to do like 3 battery pulls as with the storm I had to do many! Haha. Get the bold! You won't regret it! =)

03-06-09 06:51 AM
    Looking back, storm actually can give steve jobs iphone a good fight, but by removing wifi from storm is already a big mistake

03-06-09 06:55 AM
    I made the switch from the storm to the bold. I had to pay the ETF for verizon. But whatever. Sold the storm on ebay and using that money for pay off verizon. I'm glad I made the switch. I was getting used to the no wifi on the storm but having it now is definitely a plus. I got used the the keyboard in a matter of minutes on the bold. I'm using the OS the bold came with and probably had to do like 3 battery pulls as with the storm I had to do many! Haha. Get the bold! You won't regret it! =)
    If u upgrade ur OS to some of the other Beta OS, the Bold becomes a bit more stable. I'm using .237 now which is
    Nice but my web browser is a little slow n laggy, so I may try .241 tonight.

03-06-09 09:08 AM
    I have been using the Bold on att for about 2 months now. I must say
    I am impressed with the phone. I updated the rom recently from a very stable .234 to .237 (not to happy with .237).

Phones I'm coming from. All on sprint
    HTC Mogul/HTC Touch// Samsung Instinct
    And BB curve(sprint) which started my addiction.

Anyone purchasing a Bold will love it. I used a Storm a while ago and wasn't to impressed with it. The kb was very hard for me to accuratly use. The net was sluggish due to
    No rev A in Orange,ny(not Storms fault). With a little more work the
    Phone could very well b a iphone killer. Definetly needs dual touch capability.

03-06-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD