Hi,

Truly a newbie, and am perplexed, any help would really be appreciated. I installed a trial of Pocket Informant a while ago that has expired, and they just released an updated version. I tried to uninstall the expired trial using DM, to no avail, so I bought the update, and installed it over the old. Or so I thought.

Now the old version still appears in DM App Loader but is unchecked, and I can't get it out of there. It is not on my Storm any longer either.
    When I run the exe for the updated version, everything runs successfully, but it will not load this new version onto my Storm. Please advise if you can help.

Thanks,

Scott
    03-05-09 03:56 PM
    Try from your phone going to Options>Advanced Options>Applications then highlighting the app, press the BB button and choose delete?

Not familiar with the app your talking about but I've removed all my 3rd party apps and themes that way

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 04:28 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply Squeegee; the app is no longer on my Storm, so it isn't shown there. It is still in Device Manager Application Loader though, and I can't delete it from there. I also can't reinstall. Could there be a certificate or something I may need to delete? I've also pulled the battery and restarted my laptop. No dice. Any thoughts?
    03-05-09 04:42 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply Squeegee; the app is no longer on my Storm, so it isn't shown there. It is still in Device Manager Application Loader though, and I can't delete it from there. I also can't reinstall. Could there be a certificate or something I may need to delete? I've also pulled the battery and restarted my laptop. No dice. Any thoughts?
    I love Pocket Informant!! I used it on my Windows based PDA and now my Storm. You need to do several things. First you need to delete PI from your PC.... Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>PI plus Icons>Remove. In your BB Device Manager select/highlight (not check) PI and PI Icons and a delete button at the bottom right should become active.. delete both. Make sure you have deleted PI and icons from your Storm as well. Once you have removed all PI products from your PC, DM, and Storm restart all systems. Once everything re-boots re-download PIBB 1.5 to your storm via desktop or OTA... Hope this helps
    03-05-09 05:13 PM
    I love Pocket Informant!! I used it on my Windows based PDA and now my Storm. You need to do several things. First you need to delete PI from your PC.... Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>PI plus Icons>Remove. In your BB Device Manager select/highlight (not check) PI and PI Icons and a delete button at the bottom right should become active.. delete both. Make sure you have deleted PI and icons from your Storm as well. Once you have removed all PI products from your PC, DM, and Storm restart all systems. Once everything re-boots re-download PIBB 1.5 to your storm via desktop or OTA... Hope this helps
    Thanks Ivy_storm, your instructions worked flawlessly! Like you, I have been a big fan of PI on WM for years, and am looking forward to having it back! Thanks again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 08:40 PM
    Having a similar problem, I tried what Ivy suggested, but the in the Application Loader on the Desktop Manager the "Delete" button was in active (grayed out). Now What?
    03-15-10 01:40 PM
    Try to do on over the air installation. There is a new beta going on also. PI is a great program.
    03-15-10 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD